News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 18, 2017, 04:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for a recipe (steak with asparagus etc)  (Read 1153 times)

magdalena

Looking for a recipe (steak with asparagus etc)
« on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:51 AM »
A few years back, I made my hubby a special Valentine's dinner with various courses. The main course for a fillet steak with a "sauce" made out of asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and sherry (there might have been olives too). It was yummy.
Now I really want to make that again but I cannot find the recipe anywhere and was wondering if any of you might just happen to have a similar recipe or other ideas...

GlindaBunny

• my etsy store
Re: Looking for a recipe (steak with asparagus etc)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »
I don't have a recipe for that, but I like serving steak with asparagus and hollandaise sauce... I prefer Alton Brown's recipe for hollandaise on foodtv.com.

Sometimes I add a little king or snow crab to the hollandaise.

magdalena

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54:45 AM »
Thanks, Glinda! That sounds lovely, I think I'll try it too.
I finally found a similar recipe, this using artichokes in stead of asparagus but it does have sun dried tomatoes and sherry so I'm pretty sure it'll be a success with hubby dearest.

Ant V

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »
OK.  I hope you'll share.  I love any artichoke or anything with artichokes.  Thanks

magdalena

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »
Sure will - I've been too lazy to translate so far, but now I will.