News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 18, 2017, 06:47:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bleu cheese recipes?  (Read 1328 times)

camlan

Bleu cheese recipes?
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »
My sister's birthday happens to fall on Super Bowl Sunday this year, so her birthday is being celebrated by the family at a Super Bowl Party (we live in Boston, so three guesses on which team everyone will be cheering for). Sissy loves bleu cheese, so I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for just about any food that would include bleu cheese? Could be snacky type stuff, but we also need some food there for supper. I know she loves bleu cheese on apples, but I was hoping to come up with something different this year.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Hanna

• RumorsAboutMe
Re: Bleu cheese recipes?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »
Here is my contribution.  Easy and Yummy!  I also love making salads with bleu cheese and walnuts and dried cranberries.  Have a wonderful time!

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=126.msg465397#msg465397

ginlyn32

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:52:12 PM »
Well, of course you must have Buffallo Wings w/Blue Cheese Dressing.

You wouldnt even have to make your own. Order out or go to the store!

My fav blue cheese dressing is Marie's (it's in the produce section)

You could also do Steak Salad with blue cheese as a main dish.

all that is is steak cooked according to doneness (like if they want rare or whatever) over a nice bed of lettuce and sprinkle liberally with blue cheese. THey have that sort of salad at O'Charleys and its pretty good.

Ginger
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

KatPsych

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »
This isn't a full out recipe, but a great topping for burgers or steaks.  Just mix bleu cheese with a a bit of Worchestershire sauce and top the meat.  It should melt nicely but you can also cook (or grill) with the mixture on for the last 1-2 minutes.  Great with grilled red onions on burgers.

cicero

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »
endive salad with blue cheese and figs (or other fruit) with mustard-honey dressing. you can make this regular or fancy greens too.

I also once had a recipe for a cheese mold (variety of cheeses which incl. blue cheese) with smoked salmon - would that work for you? i'll try to dig it up

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

turkeykirdy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »
I tried a new recipe a few weeks ago:  gorgonzola (or blue cheese), pear and caramelized leek pizza...I LOVED the gorgonzola with pears, all warmed up....yummy!

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 12:24:04 PM »
I LOVE bleu cheese with a bit of sour cherry preserves - or chutney.  It has to be sour cherry...  YUM!

I have a Martha Stewart magazine that has a cheesecake tart thing with some bleu cheese in it.  There was a recipe for grilled procuitto wrapped figs with blue cheese stuffing on her site that looked awesome.  I tried to get the link, but that site keeps locking up & shutting down on me...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

MurPl1

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »
Watching Real Housewives earlier, a dirty martini with a bleu cheese stuffed olive was mentioned.  I'm not much of a traditional martini drinker but the addition of bleu cheese perked my ears up.

Oh and not a recipe but Chili's has a Chipotle Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger that is incredible.  It's a diet buster but oh-so-good.  The mix of the chipotle sauce with the bleu cheese makes it rock.

Hanna

• RumorsAboutMe
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
Let us know how it goes!