Author Topic: Cast him into the flames????  (Read 4021 times)

LuckyDucky

Re: Cast him into the flames????
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 05:37:57 AM »
Kewpie,

The two youngest teenagers are 14, and the brothers of RedNut (one from Dad's 2nd relationship, one from Mum's).  There is NO way in heck he will allow them to drink anything, as he is trying to ensure they grow up to be responsible young men.  The others are either 18 (I still call call them teenagers - ends in teen, you're a teenager) or their parents don't care.  Our home town is really bad for underage drinking, drug use and vandalism, and since the introduction of a $4000 baby bonus, teenage pregnancy.  Lots of parents are of the mind "How can I stop them, they'll just do it anyway?".

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread.  It has put my mind at ease that I wasn't being a screaming loony about charging guests. 

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Cast him into the flames????
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
I think you might be right.  We are beginning to notice a trend in BM's parties & indeed any social event.  RN was invited over on a Monday night "for games and a few drinks".  When RN declined the drinks, BM told him not to bother coming over at all.
Well, that would about do it for me, as far as ever even listening to an invitation from this guy again.  :o

Some people can have delightful parties where alcohol is a pleasant feature. This guy does not sound like one of them.

As far as casting him into the flames, I say let the flambe begin!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."