Author Topic: Who's Gigi?!  (Read 4006 times)

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
Re: Who's Gigi?!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
She brought Gigi because Gigi was not a pet but her "baby" and therefore should be welcomed as a pet.

I see more and more people who see their dog as their baby and not as a pet and demand as everyone welcome it as a guest.

I have a sister who did this to me. Her family was coming to visit over Christmas one year and where staying with us. She told me that they were boarding their 2 dogs. Surprise! They arrived with 2 dogs. We do not have dogs so we are not prepared for pets. They assumed that we would be thrilled to have extra guests and of course would have food and toys for the dogs.  She did not understand that everyone does not see them as her babies and welcome them.

supernova

• thanks for all the fish
  • dancing alone
Re: Who's Gigi?!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 05:09:30 PM »
My cats, when I had my own, were my babies too.  I cried when I had to take them for shots.  I held them and cared for them, they slept on my bed, had their own special furniture, etc.

I did not, however, feel the need to take them with me everywhere I went.  They were far happier to be left at home alone, so they could sleep on the *entire* bed instead of the 3/4 of the bed they usually got when I was in it.   :D

As for dogs...  my roommate's dog *loves* Doggy Day Camp, and loves the kennel where he's boarded when they travel.  The boarders play with him, pet him, brush him, and for him it's like a Spa Day or a mini-vacation.  I can't for the life of me understand how that's not far superior to being taken places he isn't welcome.

Just my two cents...

- saphie