News:

• April 20, 2018, 02:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1940197 times)

Chez Miriam

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7365 on: March 14, 2018, 05:56:28 AM »
Hi RevMaxx, does whipping the yoghurt make it more like the Greek yoghurt in consistency?  I love Greek yoghurt, but can rarely find it "live"/with probiotics.  If I could turn the ordinary stuff [with that yukky liquid on top] into creamy loveliness, I would eat it more often!

I add sugar-free fruit puree to mine and/or ground seeds [we get a blend of flax, sunflower, pumpkin seeds and goji berries that make yoghurt much nicer, and adds Omega-somethings, too].  I accidentally bought some sugar-free baby food one time [pots were the same, and I didn't take enough time reading the French till I got home], and that worked nicely, too!  I like fruit yoghurt, but the manufacturers put in so much sugar it sets my teeth on edge. :(

I tried vanilla essence, and didn't like it, but I now have some vanilla bean paste, so I will try it again with that; adore vanilla yoghurt. :)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7366 on: March 14, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
I like buying vanilla yogurt and mix cranberry sauce (the one I make for Thanksgiving, not the jelly canned variety). I can't do Greek yogurt - my first time tasting a sample was a very bad experience it tasted like vomit. Unfortunately, almost all the yogurt at the grocery store is Greek yogurt anymore, but DH got a sous vide for Christmas, so I ordered some basic yogurt starter, and we're going to try to make our own!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #7367 on: March 14, 2018, 12:30:12 PM »
^I have tried and tried and tried to eat yogurt.  It's supposed to be good for me, especially when I'm on antibiotics.  I have tried many different brands, many different flavours and configurations.  I still can't stand the taste.  Someone suggested I change the texture with granola or something and that just made it worse.  The only yogurt I've ever been able to stomach was a Greek yogurt with fruit on the side to stir in.  That cost over $1.50 apiece for a single serving.  Not happening!  I don't like it that much!

As someone with texture issues with other foods, I totally get ya. (I don't eat shredded coconut because to me it feels like I'm chewing on my hair.) The All-Bran I add to some yogurts isn't cheap either unfortunately! Luckily like other posters said you can get what you need in pill form.  :)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

HenrysMom

« Reply #7368 on: March 14, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
To the ones having issues with chafing, monistat makes a chafing relief powder gel that is absolutely fantastic. As an overweight person, it helps with all the places that erm.. Stick together.

I may have to look into this. The first scrapes healed...then I proceeded to get a cyst (and let me tell you, cysts there? even less fun than scrapes) that's quite itchy, and that's opened up new ones... ::)

Another vote for the Mobistar chafing gel - Target is about the only place I could find it and I buy multiple tubes because it goes quickly, both in the store and in use.