News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• October 07, 2015, 04:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 265182 times)

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1500 on: September 04, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »
My 5 year old was very upset with me yesterday.

"Daddy was really nice, and bought you Oreos, and you wasted them! They're in the pantry, and they went bad! See? They're all green in the middle! You wasted them!"

Yes, sweetie, those are my Mint Oreos.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

« Reply #1501 on: September 04, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
My husband remarked that the shower rail was 'wonky'. My son wanted to know who'd wonked it..

« Reply #1502 on: September 04, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »
My 16 year old is an interesting child.  He's a burly, manly type, spending hours in the gym to get the washboard abs and huge (for his frame) biceps that make girls swoon.  He's also a "tough guy", in a lot of ways.  He goes to a rough high school and has a reputation of being quiet, nice and accepting of everybody, but one Not To Be Messed With.

So he had surgery on his wrist on Wednesday.  We tried to do it outpatient, but he was in too much pain and wasn't able to hold anything down, so they admitted him.  I asked him if he wanted anything from home and he said "Fluffy".  Fluffy is a stuffed penguin.  My tough-guy 16 year old needed a stuffed critter in the hospital with him.  Before my BF could get there with Fluffy, I bought a smaller stuffed penguin for him, which he was very excited about and the welcome package from the floor unit included a stuffed cat.  Mr. Macho Man had all three stuffed critters lined up on his bed and checked to make sure they were still there every time he woke up.  He was discharged yesterday morning, but we had to go back to the ER late last night (swelling under the cast...we just needed to open the cast up a bit).  Guess who came with us?  If you guessed Fluffy the Stuffed Penguin, you'd be right.

So not exactly something he said, but so cute and so funny that even the tough guy teenagers still need their lovies when they get sick.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1503 on: September 05, 2015, 01:44:16 AM »
Awwww! I hope he never changes, mmswm.  ;D :-*
"Set aphasia to stun!"