News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 23, 2017, 03:38:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1355164 times)

Chipmunky

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6945 on: January 25, 2017, 07:31:56 AM »
Chipmunchkin is once again approaching the 48 hour mark since a dirty diaper.  She's had formula, breastmilk, gerber puffs, and oatmeal mixed with bananas in that time frame.

I think Mr. Chipmunky is secretly hoping she cleans out her system at daycare, much the way I did - he's taking her in this morning, and she has had blow outs just before he took her in/en route to care before.  ;D

Ser Lucien Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #6946 on: January 25, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
I really don't know what I've been doing differently lately, but my...er...output has become rather fragrant. I may have to get a new air freshener for the bathroom.
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #6947 on: January 25, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »
I gave up artificial sweeteners of any kind because the bathroom smells too much like the bottom of a very dirty fishbowl...

I also learned to read the ingredient list on yogurt containers because the calorie count can be lowered by the use of sweeteners other than sugar or honey and my family seems to have a strong history of intolerance for the non-sugar substitutes, no matter how natural.  Stevia use, as an experiment, did not smemm of dirty fishbowl...it didn't smell worse than a dirty fishbowl, but it was not what I would pick as an improvement over the smell of a dirty fishbowl.  It was just indescribable, other than "horrible".
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Chipmunky

« Reply #6948 on: January 26, 2017, 07:04:51 AM »
Chipmunchkin is once again approaching the 48 hour mark since a dirty diaper.  She's had formula, breastmilk, gerber puffs, and oatmeal mixed with bananas in that time frame.

I think Mr. Chipmunky is secretly hoping she cleans out her system at daycare, much the way I did - he's taking her in this morning, and she has had blow outs just before he took her in/en route to care before.  ;D

Chipmunchkin had her system cleaning yesterday.....at home, after daycare. It did leak up the back, and it was a formula/food mix of green smelly nastiness. She was very pleased with herself as I went through all the steps to get her changed without creating a bigger mess. 

One of the cats came over to investigate the dirty onesie before I could take it upstairs to presoak before it went in the washing machine. I've never seen a cat freak out over a smell like that, save for the "just home from the vet" smell.

Reika

« Reply #6949 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:34 PM »
I  would've posted this under "Things you shouldn't laugh at, but the cause fits here.

I work as a claims examiner for a supplemental insurance company,  like Aflac. We often get claims for surgeries that make us go  :o

Today a co-worker asked if I knew what a rubber band ligation was for to see if she needed additional information or not. My reply was, "It's probably for removal of hemorrhoids. "

She stared at me with horror on her face."Seriously? They use a rubber band to? Ewww."

I tried not to, but I couldn't keep myself from laughing at her reaction.

Chipmunky

« Reply #6950 on: Yesterday at 08:56:59 AM »
Chipmunchkin lulled me into a false sense of security as she's started more or less sleeping through the night (stirs only when she needs and can't find her binky on her own). Last night she flipped the tables on me.

I heard her stirring around 1230, coughing a bit from the residual drippys due to her most recent cold. I went in to fix her binky, and noticed something seemed off about the pattern on her sheet near her face. Put my hand down....yep, she spewed a good 3-4 oz of formula in her sleep, and was half lying in it. It. Smelled. Awful.

Had to lift her out of it, wake Mr. Chipmunky (who kindly stripped the crib mattress, scrubbed at the mattress, and replaced the sheet), then strip and change Chipmunchkin, wiping her down as I went along since she otherwise smelled like half digested formula. I wanted to puke myself.

Poor thing had trouble going back down again, dry heaved and tiny spews on my shirt (changed that twice). After 2 hours of cuddles, she was fine to sleep in her crib again. This morning she acted like nothing happened.

If I had to guess, the coughing caused just enough of a tummy spasm to cause the vomit volcano, and her being upset in going back down in her crib led to the spasms causing the dry heaves.

When Mr. Chipmunky gets home tonight, he'll be getting some one on one time with her while I check for any missed spots on the floor in her room and treat as appropriate. Hopefully she does not go for an encore presentation.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #6951 on: Yesterday at 11:04:06 AM »
Sounds like it might be time for a bed liner.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Chipmunky

« Reply #6952 on: Yesterday at 02:15:36 PM »
Sounds like it might be time for a bed liner.

We have two mattress pad/liners, but both had just finished going through the wash, and thus were not on the mattress...the child is living proof of Murphy's law  :D

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #6953 on: Yesterday at 02:21:05 PM »
Yeah - I noticed with mine that the baby could keep going for one more change of bedding than you had ready to put on the bassinet, crib, or youth bed (toddler who could not be kept in a crib any longer).

Granted, I didn't own six sets of sheets & pads - but I always wondered if that might have been enough sets, if I had had that many - would it have been enough?  I had three...that was not enough.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?