Author Topic: Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't  (Read 161047 times)

MizB

Re: Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
Qik N Ez gas stations
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Peggy Gus

« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »
There is a commercial for a razor and they keep saying "it decreases irritating tug and pull". Every time it comes on I laugh because it just sound dirty to me.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
I'm in the back of the building, getting some more paper for the printer.
It's a seldom used size, so the boxes are off in a corner.

Male co-worker jokes "Careful, that's my table."

And indeed, a plastic grocery sack with his lunch is on the pile of boxes.
I gently move it to one side.

CW says in mock indignation "Hey! You touched my bag!"
"Yes, I touched your bag", I reply, before realizing a) how it sounds and b) that another coworker is off to one side, a guffaw starting to erupt.

Yeah, we had a good laugh about that!

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
We had training today on SNA (social network analysis).  The speaker didn't enunciate clearly, and did some other discussing of "chains and ropes"... SNA, S&M, what's the difference, right?  ;D

MizB

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
It is sweet but total double entendre for us!

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2010, 12:19:48 AM »
It's not exactly dirty, but definitely a double meaning.  We were checking out at Walgreens, and because I have money this week and DF is low, I wanted to make sure he didn't need to fill the gas tank soon.  So I asked "How's your gas, hon?"  As soon as it was out, we both found ourselves trying to find ways to make it totally clear to any bystanders that we were referring to gasoline :P

Micah

« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:49 AM »
Heard on a radio advert for compressor parts. "A size too small can lead to lubrication issues." I didn't hear the rest of the ad, only that line and the end bit that said what the company did. I snerked.
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

Ambrosia Hino

« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2010, 07:19:35 AM »
During set-up for my wedding, my MOH was wearing a t-shirt that read "I'm here about the bl0w j0b"...her task for a while was blowing up ballons (my grandfather/the preacher didn't find it nearly as funny as I did)

On larger aircraft, there are points where several pieces of "aircraft skin" come together. The C5 has an area where 4 sheets of "skin" meet up. The tech data for the repair process calls this the "Four Skin Repair Procedure"...which is just fine, until you say it out loud...

Greygardens

« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »
A  group of us went to a Howard Johnson's restaurant in the early '70's  after a high school football game for  after-game food. They had a banana-chocolate concoction on the menu whose name looked perfectly innocuous in print, but really caught one's attention when said out loud( especially with a southern drawl):

Waitress: What'll you have, darlin?
Mary: A  chocolate shake, thanks
Waitress: And how about you, hun?
Boone: I'd like one of your  Fudganas, please

Poor Boone never lived it down, and HoJos went out of business shortly thereafter.

beingkj

• Demonic kangaroos are far scarier than Drop Bears
  • I am invisible
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »
The current Target (Australia) ad features the song Forevermore by Katie Herzig. It's a perfectly sweet, innocent song except....

Nevets and I managed to attach some dirty meaning to the lines "climb up my apple tree / slide down my rainbow / into my cellar door"

I can't watch the ad without bursting into giggles now.
Oh no, I'm blogging!

PurpleFrog

« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2010, 07:26:29 AM »
During my final year my uni amalgamated with some others, forming the University Of Cumbria. I'd have paied good money to be in the faculty meeting where it was explained to the bigwigs why they shouldn't use their preferred website address: WWW.ucum.ac

I also had a tutor who was a legend for coming up with accidental dirtys. My favorite was when he came outside to hurry up the smokers so he could start, by encouraging them to 'suck harder and finish quickly.' None of us could stop cracking up in,that seminar...
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

littlelauraj

• My world
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »
I own my business, and lately the landlord's son has been painting all of our (beautiful, historic) buildings.  He's really been accenting the gingerbread and other interesting features which hadn't previously stood out.  My side of the street is getting the treatment this week, and Landlord's Son and I often talk about his choices in paint colors, etc.

LS and I agree that contrast is good, as it really shows off the features.  So for ten or fifteen minutes yesterday this kid (he has to be about 28 compared to my 40) is talking to me about trim.  How great the trim looks, how much he likes to see the trim, how much he likes trim in general.  (For those of you not familiar, "trim" is slang for, um, something nasty.)  It was too much for me, I had to go inside.  I must have had a look on my face because he kept asking, "What?  What?"  So I finally said, "You know, I don't know anyone who doesn't like a nice piece of trim."  My husband says now he's gonna think I'm a dirty "old" woman. ;D

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2010, 08:20:17 PM »
Nevets and I managed to attach some dirty meaning to the lines "climb up my apple tree / slide down my rainbow / into my cellar door"

I can't watch the ad without bursting into giggles now.
Shaaammme on the both of you!  ;D
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

snowfire

« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »
There was the guy who walked into the hair salon and asked my hairdresser how much for a cut and a bl0w job???  I about fell out of the chair laughing and my hairdresser was cackling like a loon. 

He turned beet red as soon as he realized what he had said and tried to backtrack.  "I meant blow DRY, really, blow DRY!!!Ummmm, you're not going to tell anyone what I said are you???"

We just howled some more and said of course we were going to tell, but we wouldn't tell WHO said it. >:D

MizB

« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »
English wasn't my college math professor's first language. I'm pretty sure it was actually his third language. That being said, when he was teaching he taught us about "sets" I don't remember any more of the details than that, but instead of it sounding like "sets" it always sounded like he was saying s3x.