A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't

<< < (131/145) > >>

Nikko-chan:
Kitchen Table Scrabble :)

(it was an article on my schools website)

VorFemme:
"Chit" or "Chits" - used in the sense of a token to be exchanged for something else - claim ticket, coupon for a free meal, that sort of thing.

For non-English speakers - it rhymes with a common word for excrement and only the first letter is different.  Depending on how "ch" is pronounced compared to "sh", it can sound a LOT like the word for excrement.

Piratelvr1121:
Okay, the names have really got me giggling, here! LOL!

Especially having heard the F word in an Irish accent, I can see how Phuc can get confusing.

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on January 23, 2013, 08:47:47 AM ---"Chit" or "Chits" - used in the sense of a token to be exchanged for something else - claim ticket, coupon for a free meal, that sort of thing.

For non-English speakers - it rhymes with a common word for excrement and only the first letter is different.  Depending on how "ch" is pronounced compared to "sh", it can sound a LOT like the word for excrement.

--- End quote ---

We use chits at work and constantly make jokes related to the excrement work.  The first time I ever heard "chit" I had to listen very carefully the next time to make sure I had heard it right.

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on January 23, 2013, 08:47:47 AM ---"Chit" or "Chits" - used in the sense of a token to be exchanged for something else - claim ticket, coupon for a free meal, that sort of thing.

--- End quote ---

Isn't 'chit' also a rather derogatory term for a young woman? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version