Author Topic: Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't  (Read 158073 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2013, 11:09:19 PM »
A commercial for a bbq place in the food court of our mall. 

"No one pulls my pork like Virginia Barbecue"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MizB

« Reply #691 on: June 13, 2013, 01:01:09 AM »
At work we were putting a sign up and it had bubbles, we had been having a great time laughing about how dirty the whole thing was when I said push it, keep going, yeah thats it, keep going, keep going, yes.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #692 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
Trany bought and paid for, pick up tomorrow morning.

Was for her car, not a bazaar bachlorette party...

Dawse

« Reply #693 on: July 21, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »
There's an advert currently airing in the UK for Walker's deep ridged crisps. Their tagline is 'Ridges twice as deep, for extra satisfaction.'

I couldn't believe what I was hearing the first time. I'm still not sure how they got away with airing it during the day. My boyfriend said it sounds like an advert for condoms.

And in the same vein, there's a local gardening company whose vans have the words 'total service for your endless pleasure' emblazoned proudly on the door. I'm not sure if I want that to be deliberate or not.
'I reject your reality and substitute my own!'

Elisabunny

« Reply #694 on: July 30, 2013, 09:33:59 PM »
The next large town over includes Beaver wingadingdingy Park.

It honors an explorer and trapper named Richard, who had very prominent, buck teeth.  Really.

You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #695 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
I posted on Facebook this morning that I dreamed a couple I know were "doing the Freak Show." A minute later I realized what that sounded like and added: "BTW: 'Doing the Freak Show' is not a euphemism."

This couple used to host a podcast that had "Freak Show" in its name. That's what they were doing in my dream -- an episode of the podcast.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:00:37 PM by baglady »
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #696 on: August 23, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »
We've met a lot of lovely people on our recent trip.
One night, we stayed in a restored castle, where we met a very nice couple who were on their honeymoon.

So I tried very hard not to laugh when the newlyweds mentioned they would be spending the evening in the lounge, playing scrabble - and would we like to join them?  :o  ;D

But my inner 12 year old was rolling on the floor laughing!!  >:D

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #698 on: September 24, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »
Have you ever seen "Innuendo Bingo"?  Here's Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, all growed up!) failing miserably but hilariously.

Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #699 on: September 24, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »
I work at a publishing house. One of our typesetters recently telephoned our office (Editorial) in fits of laughter, asking for our expert opinion on how she should correct the following missing-word error she'd spotted in a Western novel:

"Bud, you need to go with the lawman," he said. "Don't give him any trouble and I'll work on getting you free."

Bud's only reaction was the slight stiffening of his
[missing word] with which he often responded when given an order.

Reading it out in deadpan fashion and requesting input confirmed beyond all reasonable doubt that every single one of us in the office has a mental humour age of about twelve.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #700 on: September 24, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »
I work at a publishing house. One of our typesetters recently telephoned our office (Editorial) in fits of laughter, asking for our expert opinion on how she should correct the following missing-word error she'd spotted in a Western novel:

"Bud, you need to go with the lawman," he said. "Don't give him any trouble and I'll work on getting you free."

Reading it out in deadpan fashion and requesting input confirmed beyond all reasonable doubt that every single one of us in the office has a mental humour age of about twelve.

snickering over here.....

Carotte

« Reply #701 on: September 24, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »

I guess it was something like spine or jaw? but yeah, I'd wager that 99% off people above 12 will think the exact same thing. ;D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #702 on: September 24, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »

I guess it was something like spine or jaw? but yeah, I'd wager that 99% off people above 12 will think the exact same thing. ;D
I guessed "neck."
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

cwm

« Reply #703 on: September 25, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »

I guessed "neck."

Neck, jaw, both would work. But yeah, not what I was thinking originally.

I swear, I'm a well-adjusted adult. Sometimes...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #704 on: September 25, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »

I guessed "neck."

Neck, jaw, both would work. But yeah, not what I was thinking originally.

I swear, I'm a well-adjusted adult. Sometimes...
Obviously, Bud is a young man in search of a good dominatrix.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~