News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 04, 2016, 06:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Reason My Kid is Crying  (Read 11863 times)

Minmom3

• Not super patient these days.
Re: The Reason My Kid is Crying
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »
I remember seeing the newspaper headlines about Lennon's death - 4" tall, and super thick.  The whole ride to work of close to an hour was dead silent in shock.

The best tanty DD#1 ever threw was one day on a day long drive back home from the grandparents house:  #1 was about 2.5 or so, #2 was under 1.5 or so, and they sat in the back seat of the car, (3 seat bench), with one child at each window, and space in the middle, for reasons obvious to any parent of multiple children.  Aaaaand, #1 kicked up a fuss, screaming that #2 was 'touching her!' (oh noes!) high decibles.  I get to a spot in traffic where I can turn enough to look at the back seat, and what do I find?  #1 pitching a rather loud fit, and #2 peacefully asleep on the other side of the car, not touching anything whatsoever.  I laughed pretty hard....  Really ticked off #1!  Big Time!   ;D
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!  True fact: Eggs can be just as hard to unload as zucchini!

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:50 PM »
My youngest is 3 1/2 and this past weekend she fell and bruised her knee. She kept showing us her owie and telling us how she needed a band aid.  I said no you don't need one. But I doooo!!! She wined. So I told her she'd live without one to which she started crying and wailed ". I don't want to live."

She was less than amused by the gales of laughter from her older sisters.

We've had good luck with scotch tape for owies. Sticks long enough for them not to pick at it, but falls off on its own within a few hours.

Jape

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2016, 10:37:12 PM »
I wouldn't let DS, then aged 4, iron his own clothes.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »
Oh I have one to tell that I just remembered!

So I was at a family reunion and with another cousin, was watching the children. Well Cousin went somewhere else, and I was left alone watching 2 four year olds and a six year old all by myself. At a pool. When I cannot swim, am only 17, and have never babysat before in my life.  The three cousins were Little Cousin 1, Little Cousin 2, and OutOfTownCousin. Well OOTC got very anxious and wanted to go back to her parents. Fair enough.

I coax Little Cousin 1 out of the pool, and tell the two four year olds in a firm voice that it is time to go. It does the trick, and we head across the big 'yard' area to the pavilion.

Suddenly Little Cousin 1 stops in horror. "There's mud!" she wails. "I'll get mud on my feet! I don't want mud on my feet!"

By now OOTC is beside herself as she really really wants to see her mommy and daddy.

I kneel down to Little Cousin 1. "Okay okay I KNOW you don't want your feet dirty, but Auntie Nikko will wash them with a bottle of water when we get to the pavillion, alright?"

She nods, sniffling, and we continue on.

And that ladies and gentleman of ehell, is how I ended up washing my six year old cousins feet with a bottle of water at a family reunion.... think I can use this for story fodder at her graduation?  >:D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:57:29 AM by Nikko-chan »

gmatoy

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2016, 02:49:10 AM »
Oh I have one to tell that I just remembered!

So I was at a family reunion and with another cousin, was watching the children. Well Cousin went somewhere else, and I was left alone watching 2 four year olds and a six year old all by myself. At a pool. When I cannot swim, am only 17, and have never babysat before in my life.  The three cousins were Little Cousin 1, Little Cousin 2, and OutOfTownCousin. Well OOTC got very anxious and wanted to go back to her parents. Fair enough.

I coax Little Cousin 1 out of the pool, and tell the two four year olds in a firm voice that it is time to go. It does the trick, and we head across the big 'yard' area to the pavilion.

Suddenly Little Cousin 1 stops in horror. "There's mud!" she wails. "I'll get mud on my feet! I don't want mud on my feet!"

By now OOTC is beside herself as she really really wants to see her mommy and daddy.

I kneel down to Little Cousin 1. "Okay okay I KNOW you don't want your feet dirty, but Auntie Nikko will wash them with a bottle of water when we get to the pavillion, alright?"

She nods, sniffling, and we continue on.

And that ladies and gentleman of ehell, is how I ended up washing my six year old cousins feet with a bottle of water at a family reunion.... think I can use this for story fodder at her graduation?  >:D

Not only can, but should! (But I am from a story telling family.)

MrTango

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2016, 06:53:26 AM »
This wasn't my kid, but I was witness to (and the apparent cause) of the meltdown:

I was sitting at a Panera restaurant around 8:30 in the morning eating breakfast and working on a term paper for one of my college courses.

A family came in and sat down a few tables away, and one of their two kids (I'm guessing somewhere between 7-9 years old) starts bawling.  Between sobs and screams, I could make out that he was upset that I was allowed to play on my computer, so why wasn't he allowed to bring in his Game Boy.

I just popped in my earbuds and got back to work.

rose red

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2016, 07:15:33 AM »
At a store, I saw a little girl bawling because she accidentally knocked over some greeting cards. The mom was both reassuring her and trying not to laugh.

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2016, 07:39:05 AM »
My 9 year old will throw a 45-minute sobbing fit about how she "doesn't have time" to finish her 20 minutes of homework.

The hormones, they are strong with this one.

Tini

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
My 9 year old will throw a 45-minute sobbing fit about how she "doesn't have time" to finish her 20 minutes of homework.

The hormones, they are strong with this one.

Argh, I just had a flashback. Mine used to do exactly the same. I'd sit there and say "I know you can do this. If you stopped feeling sorry for yourself, you'd have been done half an hour ago." and she'd just wail at me.

AuntyT

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
My 3YO niece had a full on melt down after I fixed her favourite stuffed animal.  Not because he had a hole in his knee and not because he no longer had a hole in in his knee but because I didn't give him a "scar" (I blinded stitched the hole) and she wanted him to have a scar.  ::)

pattycake

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2016, 12:51:58 PM »
My 3YO niece had a full on melt down after I fixed her favourite stuffed animal.  Not because he had a hole in his knee and not because he no longer had a hole in in his knee but because I didn't give him a "scar" (I blinded stitched the hole) and she wanted him to have a scar.  ::)

That made me laugh out loud! It's hard to blind stitch something nicely, if you'd only known beforehand that she wanted a scar...

Elisabunny

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
My neice's little guy threw a 20 minute tantrum because she cut the pancakes with a fork instead of a knife.  ::)
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...