Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 168730 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #1050 on: July 17, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
I did the "don't touch hot metal" thing over the weekend. I was dog and house sitting, so in addition to full use of the house, laundry, pool etc. I have the grill. My friend left me both wooden and metal skewers. But I forgot to soak the wooden ones, so I used the metal. You can see where this is going, can't you?

I did take them off the grill with tongs, placed them on a plate, and brought them inside. I then immediately grapped one in my left hand, to pull the chicken off. Um, they were still hot. Really really hot. And since i basically wrapped my hand around it, i burned my palm, and all five fingers. Not badly, just enough to blister slightly/callous and sting. But DUH. and this is after my friend told me she only uses the wooden ones since she keeps burning herself, and I told myself I owuldn't do that!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1051 on: November 13, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »
Also, The bank teller will laugh at you a bit when you try to get money out with your car insurance card and library card.
Along those lines, the librarian will not let me check out books with my ATM card.

I love my local library.  I go there at least once a week.  All of the librarians know me.  This one smiled at my ATM card and said, "You don't have any fines."  I did a double take, realized I grabbed the wrong card and fetched the library card because, no matter how well they know me, I must present my library card to check out books.  They're so picky. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

mmswm

« Reply #1052 on: November 13, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »
Also, The bank teller will laugh at you a bit when you try to get money out with your car insurance card and library card.
Along those lines, the librarian will not let me check out books with my ATM card.

I love my local library.  I go there at least once a week.  All of the librarians know me.  This one smiled at my ATM card and said, "You don't have any fines."  I did a double take, realized I grabbed the wrong card and fetched the library card because, no matter how well they know me, I must present my library card to check out books.  They're so picky. >:D

Along the same lines, presenting your 12 year old son's state-issued ID card instead of your own driver's license when attempting to purchase age restricted items will earn you really funny looks from the cashier.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

andi

« Reply #1053 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »
put too much soap and water in the blender this morning and didn't get the lid on right. Sigh .... Redoing all my make up 5 minutes before walking out the door not fun.  Kitchen floor is clean

greencat

« Reply #1054 on: November 13, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »
I have trouble with my PIN code in various ways:
1) For doors at work, I have a card and code, which is different than my debit card and PIN, but still a four digit number.  More than once I've found myself typing my debit PIN.  Once I even thought my card wasn't working and didn't figure out the problem until the guy in charge of the security card setup read my door code to me.
2) The opposite problem occurs when I try to enter my door code when making purchases with my debit card.
3) While my debit card can be run as credit, my credit card cannot be run as debit.  Entering my debit card PIN will not help.  Neither will my door code.