News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 09, 2016, 12:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Current job hunting ehellions - story sharing thread  (Read 19983 times)

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
Re: Current job hunting ehellions - story sharing thread
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »
Last week I came across a job announcement for a pathology transcriptionist, a temporary job taking place in the city where I live.  I'm currently retired, but I wouldn't mind taking a temporary job that's relatively close to home. 

The morning after I sent in my resume I got a call from the staffing company.  The person I talked to was quite impressed with my 25 years' experience in medical transcription.  Unfortunately, I've never worked pathology, but I do have a wide background and know I can pick it up fast. 

So far, though, since the first call I have heard nothing.   I'm just hoping I'll hear something, even if it's that they went with someone else.

FauxFoodist

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
Last week I came across a job announcement for a pathology transcriptionist, a temporary job taking place in the city where I live.  I'm currently retired, but I wouldn't mind taking a temporary job that's relatively close to home. 

The morning after I sent in my resume I got a call from the staffing company.  The person I talked to was quite impressed with my 25 years' experience in medical transcription.  Unfortunately, I've never worked pathology, but I do have a wide background and know I can pick it up fast. 

So far, though, since the first call I have heard nothing.   I'm just hoping I'll hear something, even if it's that they went with someone else.

I think, even if they went/go with someone else, they're going to want to hold onto your resume.

I had to transcribe quite briefly (a few months) for a private practice and absolutely hated it (it's been a relief reading your posts all this time about how long it takes to do medical transcription; while I still know I'm not any good at it, I'm not as bad at it as I previously thought).

ladyknight1

• Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »
I have an interview with the same group, different position for Friday! I'm so excited.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
I have an interview with the same group, different position for Friday! I'm so excited.

Good look.  sending good juju your way :)
Maryland

Cherry91

« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »
Industry networking event tomorrow, hopefully I'll shake some of the right hands... Wish me extrovertedness!
All will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

ladyknight1

• Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2016, 07:49:02 AM »
Go forth and network!