News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 29, 2016, 06:47:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 119280 times)

gmatoy

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1635 on: March 11, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »
I...
Went to Work
after work went to a neighbors house to get some info from her so i could help her get her puppy adopted out
Went to a friends house and helped her clean for two hours.

Wow! You are a good friend!

gmatoy

« Reply #1636 on: March 11, 2016, 05:37:16 PM »
Today I: did two weeks worth of laundry at the Laundromat, had an MRI done and will be leaving shortly to have dinner at a friend's home.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1637 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:28 PM »
I got most of my utilities set up for my move at the end of April.  I have to go to the local post office in person to see about a mail box - whether I have to get one at the post office or can get one in a community box.

And I can't move my cable services.  I have to go with a company I really do not want to go with for TV, internet and home phone.  But they are really the only option, unfortunately.  So I also still have to call them.

But electricity and gas are cancelled at my current place and set up at the new place.  The cable is cancelled and I've left messages to get the water and taxes set up.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

gmatoy

« Reply #1638 on: March 13, 2016, 04:31:28 PM »
Saturday:
Cleaned up the clutter around the house
Cleared off the table
Cleaned two bathrooms
Put away the "hang to dry" laundry
Went out to celebrate birthdays with DDIL with whom I share a birthday

Today:
Hand washed a shirt
Plan to finish my friend's book so I can return it
Plan to binge watch season 3 of "Walking Dead" with DGD
Really this is my do nothing day!

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1639 on: April 24, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »
It's been a whirlwind of packing the last little while.  I mainly just have the last minute stuff left to pack.

Except for my plants and gardening stuff.  Whoooooo boy.

Yesterday, we went to the Unilock spring sale to get retaining wall for building elevated garden beds.  4 hours later, we came out with a really good deal, though still expensive.  The stuff we bought was $7.75 a linear foot (discontinued colour); normal price is over $18.  So well worth the 4 hours.  But if we need more stone in the fall, I'm going to see about getting one of the Friday appointments.  You show up at your appointment time and head out; no waiting around.  But I will have to take at least part of the day off to do it.  I think we will need more stone...

Then we went to Canadian Tire to get some parts BF needed to complete the service on his truck so it is ready to haul a trailer for the move.  And the last of the last minute stuff we need for the new place.

Followed by starting to dig out some of the plants.  BF gathered up all the rocks in the front yard; I had a series of pocket gardens going that the new owners don't want to keep up.  So I'm digging out all the plants and removing the borders and will prep the yard for them to seed or sod.  I'm really glad we have a 10 day overlap!

Today was BF working on his car; issues with that so he didn't get to the truck but he'll do that Monday night.  He did take the trailer out to his parents to get rid of the wood from the tree that blew down a couple of weeks ago.  And I dug plants.  Lots and lots of plants.  I'm running out of pots so I'm going to cruise the neighbourhood on the night before recycle and garbage and that morning, in hopes that some of my neighbours have put some out to get rid of.  Worse comes to worse, I have to get some plants in the ground really quickly at the new house and bring the pots back and fill them again.

Tomorrow, it is supposed to rain so I will finish up all the inside packing I can manage, while BF finishes up the truck.

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings will be more plants and loading the trailer with rocks that I'm taking with me.  Thursday, we get possession and we're going to take a load of stuff out there, as well as the cats and leave them on their own to acclimatize.  And be out of the moving chaos on Friday.  Friday, the movers come and we'll pack our vehicles again.  We'll leave the dogs behind until the movers are done at the new place then come back and get them and bring them out.  With another load of stuff.

It's going to be a looooonnnnggggg week.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

CorrieFan

« Reply #1640 on: April 24, 2016, 08:35:44 PM »
Wow! I'm exhausted just reading this! :)

Good luck with the move. Hope you don't encounter any unwelcome surprises!

It's been a whirlwind of packing the last little while.  I mainly just have the last minute stuff left to pack.

Except for my plants and gardening stuff.  Whoooooo boy.

Yesterday, we went to the Unilock spring sale to get retaining wall for building elevated garden beds.  4 hours later, we came out with a really good deal, though still expensive.  The stuff we bought was $7.75 a linear foot (discontinued colour); normal price is over $18.  So well worth the 4 hours.  But if we need more stone in the fall, I'm going to see about getting one of the Friday appointments.  You show up at your appointment time and head out; no waiting around.  But I will have to take at least part of the day off to do it.  I think we will need more stone...

Then we went to Canadian Tire to get some parts BF needed to complete the service on his truck so it is ready to haul a trailer for the move.  And the last of the last minute stuff we need for the new place.

Followed by starting to dig out some of the plants.  BF gathered up all the rocks in the front yard; I had a series of pocket gardens going that the new owners don't want to keep up.  So I'm digging out all the plants and removing the borders and will prep the yard for them to seed or sod.  I'm really glad we have a 10 day overlap!

Today was BF working on his car; issues with that so he didn't get to the truck but he'll do that Monday night.  He did take the trailer out to his parents to get rid of the wood from the tree that blew down a couple of weeks ago.  And I dug plants.  Lots and lots of plants.  I'm running out of pots so I'm going to cruise the neighbourhood on the night before recycle and garbage and that morning, in hopes that some of my neighbours have put some out to get rid of.  Worse comes to worse, I have to get some plants in the ground really quickly at the new house and bring the pots back and fill them again.

Tomorrow, it is supposed to rain so I will finish up all the inside packing I can manage, while BF finishes up the truck.

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings will be more plants and loading the trailer with rocks that I'm taking with me.  Thursday, we get possession and we're going to take a load of stuff out there, as well as the cats and leave them on their own to acclimatize.  And be out of the moving chaos on Friday.  Friday, the movers come and we'll pack our vehicles again.  We'll leave the dogs behind until the movers are done at the new place then come back and get them and bring them out.  With another load of stuff.

It's going to be a looooonnnnggggg week.

snowfire

« Reply #1641 on: April 25, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »
DH and I had to replace our washer earlier this year.  We were just cruising Lowe's & found the matching dryer on clearance at 50% off & the pedestal for it at $50 instead of almost $300, though the pedestal was silver instead of white.

I spent Saturday afternoon sanding the pedestal with 150 grit sandpaper.  Ready to paint but the weather is not planning to cooperate for a couple of days.

Sunday DH & I took our old dryer & a mess of tools up to my Mom's cabin.  We did a dryer swap, removing one that is ~35 years old with one that is only about 18 years old.  ;D. (We later took the ancient one down to the Habitat for Humanity thrift store. Worth more in a tax deduction than trying to sell it ourselves.  LOL that they had the matching washer sitting right on the floor!)

Then we cleaned the geothermal swimming pool which had the most amazing & luxurious growth of algae that I have EVER seen.  We don't use chemicals in the water & had not been able to get up there for a while.  I had never seen algae "stalagmites" before!!! :o :o :o

This morning, we removed a wall panel to try to discover where a water leak in the bathroom is coming from, only to discover...no water lines in that wall.  Everything is in the floor. (1972 mobile home.)  We decided to quit then as we are planning to replace the hunk o' junk.  The schedule on replacement has just been moved up as we now cannot turn water into the house. Washing dishes, hands & flushing is now done with a bucket from outside.  :(

On the up side, we had a wonderful night swim in the cleaned pool! Stars were magnificent before the moon came up!