News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 10, 2016, 06:48:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2016: I resolve...  (Read 1734 times)

siamesecat2965

Re: 2016: I resolve...
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
To make a budget for both BF and myself and stick to it!

We aren't yet co-mingling finances because he doesn't have a separation agreement.  But we've both been spending more money than we've needed to in the last little while.  So I'm developing a budget for each of us, based on our individual incomes, and I'll track everything in a spreadsheet to see what we are spending and where and see if we need to adjust the set budget, adjust the spending or both.

He has some debt that will be mostly wiped out once he gets an agreement; I don't have debt at the moment but will come the end of April because I've bought a new house that I'm hoping will become 'our' house.  Which it will, if he has an agreement by then.  If he doesn't?  It stays in my name only until he does.

I'm doing kind of the same thing, but mine includes keeping an accounting of every penny I spend. I did it a while back and it's amazing what an eye opener it can be!

My other is kind of silly but making my bed every day. As a child I was forced to so as an adult, I rebel and refuse to. But as I'm off this week and systematically going through my apt and cleaning and organizing, I want to make it look nice, and that helps.

lilfox

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
I resolve to exercise more and eat healthier.  I have a beach vacation in less than 2 months as motivation, but I also feel better when I'm on a regular exercise kick.

I resolve to practice more patience with my kids, especially DD because she really needs me to be patient and not cranky with her all the time.

I resolve to have better time management skills.  I'm on hiatus from craft projects for a while and I need to funnel that time into the previous two resolutions (finding time to exercise, spending higher-quality time with the kids) while preserving a bit of down time for me.

And, I resolve to be a better friend and pursue some activities.  I really let that slide the last two months for various reasons, and it wasn't good for me.

AtraBecca

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »
I resolve to:

- Stick with Weight Watchers and Primal, at the same time. And if that doesn't help me lose weight, admit I'm done and just be healthy.

- Stop spending money on stupid crap.

Mandible

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 03:33:52 PM »
I resolved to:

- Run a half marathon in 1:45
- Run a 5k in 24 minutes
- Lift more weights
- Stop picking at my fingers

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
I resolve to put all the dramas and horrible things that happened in 2015 behind us and see 2016 as where we can only move up from here.

2015 was a hard year for us. DH and I both battled mental illness in various ways, I was estranged from my parents and sister, we had close friends that lost their daughter. I thought that after all this that has happened last year, it can only get better. Bringing in the new year was a relief for me.

katiescarlett

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
I resolve to:

1. Continue my weight loss efforts.
2. Spend more time studying the Bible.
3. Travel more.
4. Get my finances in order and pay off my credit cards.
5. Enroll in the prerequisite classes I need for graduate school.
6. Apply to graduate school.
7. Pay off my Jeep (this is a very real possibility, I have almost paid it off already).