Author Topic: Worst pick-up lines  (Read 12842 times)

greencat

Re: Worst pick-up lines
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »
My recent attempt to use a dating app brought me this gem:

"I didn't believe in love at first swipe before I saw you."

I ended up terminating further conversations with him because after that message, he consistently used "u" in place of "you."

HGolightly

« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »
At the time my hair was a very bright red and I happened to be out with two girlfriends, one a blonde and the other a brunette.  After striking out with my tall, slim brunette friend THEN he struck out with my blonde bombshell friend he turned to me and said, "I guess you'll do.  I don't like redheads but. I don't want to strike out again.....". Yeah three strikes and he was out.

Another night a guy marched up to me and announced "I have no friends!" I am pretty sure that was no what he intended to say but not sure what it could have been.

Finally I was in high school and this loud and goofy guy came up to my friend and I. Introduced himself and began inserting Monty Python quotes into everything.   He became a friend then a boyfriend and finally my DH ten years later.  He told me on our first re-date that had he should have listened to his teenaged self and had ten more years of being happy with me.

takeheart

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »
Before DH and I met, he would tell me about his going out days and his pick-up line of choice was always, "So... Are you going to buy me a drink?" The best part? It worked! It probably has more to do with the fact that he is charming and he's not bad looking though.

greencat

« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2014, 12:14:05 AM »
Before DH and I met, he would tell me about his going out days and his pick-up line of choice was always, "So... Are you going to buy me a drink?" The best part? It worked! It probably has more to do with the fact that he is charming and he's not bad looking though.

I know a guy that does this now!  I'm quite sure he's not your DH - and evidently, it works for him a lot too.

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2014, 01:33:15 AM »

I ended up terminating further conversations with him because after that message, he consistently used "u" in place of "you."

http://straightwhiteboystexting.tumblr.com/

Obscene language warning, and also warnings for dreadful attempts at pickup lines.

If you still have that convo, you could screencap it and send it in. it's fairly tame compared to some of the entries but I don't think I've seen that one posted there.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:34:48 AM by WolfWay »
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

greencat

« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »

http://straightwhiteboystexting.tumblr.com/

Obscene language warning, and also warnings for dreadful attempts at pickup lines.

If you still have that convo, you could screencap it and send it in. it's fairly tame compared to some of the entries but I don't think I've seen that one posted there.

I'm actually pretty impressed with this app so far - I haven't had anything worse than the cheesy line.  It's far better than some of the nightmare inducing things I got on a previous site that put me off using it and off online dating for awhile.