News:

• February 19, 2018, 04:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: odd superstitions - s/o You are not a doctor  (Read 31572 times)

pattycake

Re: odd superstitions - s/o You are not a doctor
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »
I lived in an apartment building whose address was 666.  It made ordering pizza reeeeeally interesting.   ;D

My driver's license number includes 666. I still write checks several places, and some places write your DL number on the check. I used to get several comments or strange looks over that. I finally got tired of it and, when someone was making a big deal of it, I laughed and said, "Yeah, I'm Satan." Oddly enough, I haven't gotten many comments since then.  >:D
People get weird about that number. Years ago, I was at a store where my purchases totaled exactly $6.66, and the cashier wanted me either to buy something else or put something back. She was unhappy that I didn't do either.

I finally got a 6.66 receipt and I kept it! The cashier I don't think even noticed. The number itself, especially in a string of numbers or a dollar amount, means nothing. "The mark of the beast"  would be imprinted on people, so as long as no one comes after you with a branding iron, there's no need to worry about it!

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »
I lived in an apartment building whose address was 666.  It made ordering pizza reeeeeally interesting.   ;D

My driver's license number includes 666. I still write checks several places, and some places write your DL number on the check. I used to get several comments or strange looks over that. I finally got tired of it and, when someone was making a big deal of it, I laughed and said, "Yeah, I'm Satan." Oddly enough, I haven't gotten many comments since then.  >:D
People get weird about that number. Years ago, I was at a store where my purchases totaled exactly $6.66, and the cashier wanted me either to buy something else or put something back. She was unhappy that I didn't do either.

My parents area code changed to 661.  I told them they were the neighbor of the Beast. 
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »

My parents area code changed to 661.  I told them they were the neighbor of the Beast.

Many years ago, my then-employer got a new phone system, which gave everyone a new phone number. I got 212-xxx-0666, and my boss commented that she'd given that number to me rather than someone else on our team because she knew it wouldn't bother me. I don't know whether it would have bothered my coworkers, but she was right about it not bothering me.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

Writer of Wrongs

• Mysteries, Thrillers & Whodunits, Oh My!
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2017, 03:41:26 PM »

I finally got a 6.66 receipt and I kept it! The cashier I don't think even noticed. The number itself, especially in a string of numbers or a dollar amount, means nothing. "The mark of the beast"  would be imprinted on people, so as long as no one comes after you with a branding iron, there's no need to worry about it!

And if someone is coming after you with a branding iron, you've got more immediate problems.  ;D
Some day, I hope to get paid to kill people. Now, I just do it for fun.