News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 26, 2017, 09:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any recommendations for outdoor propane grills?  (Read 378 times)

o_gal

Any recommendations for outdoor propane grills?
« on: March 06, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
We're going to be buying a new propane grill for grilling stuff outside. Anyone got any good suggestions for grills or features that we should look for? We're heading into grilling season here in southwest Ohio and I'm starting to miss having one.

Previously we've had a small Charbroil that lasted about 10 years, then a Vermont Castings that lasted about 8 (it was wonderful), then another Charbroil. The latest Charbroil was actually in good shape but it had one flaw that we're looking to correct or get around with the new grill.

We live on a wooded lot and some of the local critters figured out that there was an easy source of yummy delicious grease right there for the taking - the drip catcher, which was a small round cup that hung under the grill. What we need is a grill where that thing is enclosed so that the critters can't get to it. Or another method of catching grease that doesn't make it easily accessible. We had never really had a problem until last summer, but once they figured it out, they were constantly dumping it over. I got really sick and tired of having to clean the deck about every other time we grilled. They would dump it out before the grease had time to cool, so I couldn't employ the strategy waiting until it cooled and then cleaning it out. Grease would already be on the deck.

Other than that, we just need a basic grill. The last one had a side burner but we never used it, so that's not something we're looking for. I'd like a rotisserie but it has to come with it. The "universal" rotisserie that Charbroil sells doesn't fit all of their grills, so I'd rather not go through the hassle of ordering it, finding out it doesn't fit, and then having to send it back. Cast iron cooking grates are really good, but as long as they're not cheapo thin aluminum, I think it would be OK to have another type. I also don't have any experience with infrared but I've heard that it's good.

So recommend away, fellow e-Hellions!

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?