A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"

(1/524) > >>

Brentwood:
My brother is a real estate appraiser. As such, he's always going out to properties to take measurements, assess value, and take pictures. Recently he went to an older house in St. Paul, built some time in the 1920s. The house is vacant. As he was taking pictures, he noticed one that came out with what appeared to be white smoke in it. This is a common theme when people discuss having possibly photographed a ghost, but my brother knows there are usually logical explanations for it. He took another picture of the same area, and the smoke was gone. It was not his finger or his breath (it was quite cold). When he went home to download the pictures, he discovered that his memory card would no longer work. None of the pictures could be retrieved.

He went back to the house the next day to take pictures again, and in the room where the ghostly smoke had been, he was unable to get a clear shot despite several attempts. He had no trouble taking pictures in the other rooms.

Explainable? Probably. But T thinks that maybe, just maybe, the house has a shy ghost living in it.

jaxsue:

--- Quote from: CathyF on February 11, 2008, 06:46:50 PM ---My brother is a real estate appraiser. As such, he's always going out to properties to take measurements, assess value, and take pictures. Recently he went to an older house in St. Paul, built some time in the 1920s. The house is vacant. As he was taking pictures, he noticed one that came out with what appeared to be white smoke in it. This is a common theme when people discuss having possibly photographed a ghost, but my brother knows there are usually logical explanations for it. He took another picture of the same area, and the smoke was gone. It was not his finger or his breath (it was quite cold). When he went home to download the pictures, he discovered that his memory card would no longer work. None of the pictures could be retrieved.

He went back to the house the next day to take pictures again, and in the room where the ghostly smoke had been, he was unable to get a clear shot despite several attempts. He had no trouble taking pictures in the other rooms.

Explainable? Probably. But T thinks that maybe, just maybe, the house has a shy ghost living in it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the story. Important elements of a haunting (whether intelligent or residual) are there: no explanation for the smoke, batteries being drained, and the inability to take a picture in a certain spot. We once saw a similar thing at a remote cemetery. It was early evening and a pillar of smoke - about the heighth of a human and about as wide - floated from the other side of the graveyard. It was the most solid in the middle, wispy at the top and bottom. It tilted forward a bit, like a person would when running. There was no smoke from a fire, no clouds, no explanation.

Tell your brother to take a digital recorder next time he suspects something. EVPs are easy to get and sometimes you hear things that are amazing. He can ask a few questions and just leave it running for awhile.

jaxsue:
OP, I hope it's okay if I put my alien sighting on your thread. It's in the same ball park - unexplained things.

A few summers ago, DS (then in jr. high) and I were driving to our lake house in northcentral Florida. The roads in this area are twisty and can be very remote. I definitely don't like to drive them at night!

It was early evening and things were still very clear. We crested a hill and as we came down we saw a...thing...standing in the road. I slowed down because it didn't move. It was not human OR animal. It didn't remotely resemble Bigfoot. It was about 5-6 ft tall, with a silvery body that seemed to be very fine, flat fur - at least there were no identifiable body parts (and no clothes). There were no ears, no hair on the head, and only a slit for a mouth. The eyes were almond-shaped and completely glowing yellow, even with daylight.

It was in midstep when it turned and looked at us. I slowed to a stop and didn't know what to do. It finally turned around and darted into the woods - so quickly it was a blur. No way could a human run so fast. DS and I didn't speak for a few minutes because I wasn't sure if I were seeing things that weren't there. But DS saw it, too.

jais:
Not to hijack, but my uncle's story.

My uncle basically lives in the middle of nowhere, VERY northern, MN.  He's also never had a drink in his life.

He swears to god that when he was about 22 years old, some'thing' knocked on his door around 3am.  He claims it was a small, grayish greenish man with huge eyes, no nose and a slit for a mouth.  He says that he looked at it, ran back to his room to get a gun, and when he came back it was gone.  According to family lore, there were 2 other sightings of a creature very similar the same night.  I've searched the papers at the library and the internet, but I've never found a thing. 

Then there is my aunt's supposed encounter with Bigfoot at age 3..........

IndianInlaw:
Jaxsue, didn't you about pee your pants? :o

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/02/11/funny-pictures-pleez-tell-me-you-see-dem-too/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version