Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 329045 times)

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2008, 02:51:42 PM »
Chai immediately launched herself off of the couch and into Uncles arms, while making a sad mewing noise, and marking his face with her cheeks. Not in a dominant way, but in a 'smell me, I am soothing and make you feel better" way.

Uncle informed me that his cat of 12 years passed on wednesday morning. I didn't know. Chai knew, and decided to cmofort him.
It is a small thing as far as ghost type stories go, but it was incredibly sweet.

they "know" and want to "make it all better"

The three of mine never left my side after Mom died (It is hard to sleep in a twin bed with two plus size kitties and one normal size one) they miss her as much as I do.....
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

fey01

« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »
A friend of mine, L, lived in a haunted apartment and I often experienced things when there with her.  She had a ghost cat which looked like a brown-gray tabby that I would see out of the corner of my eye, but would always disappear.  After she adopted a white cat, or the cat adopted her, the ghost cat changed its appearance to look like her cat.  That was disconcerting- I would see what I thought was her cat walk into the bathroom out of the corner of my eye, but it then would be in the living room.

Once when we were hanging out together, we heard a man's voice call her name from within the wall.  This was an exterior wall three floors up.  We looked at each other and I said 'I heard it, too'.  She just nodded and we continued our conversation.  L talked about things that happened when she was alone, like feeling someone spooning her while she was in bed.

I lived in an apartment with my ex-fiancee, P, and another friend J.  This apartment had been occupied by several members of the pagan community- someone would move out and someone else they knew would move in.  A lot of magical work was done in that apartment- and in L's too, now that I think about it.  We were on the third floor, which was the top floor.  Something was up on the roof, and I would often hear it running around up there.  It sounded about the size of a child- maybe 6 to 8 yo?  The access to the roof was padlocked from the inside, and we didn't have a key.  Once I was in the shower and I heard it running around.  I yelled out to it to go away, and it came to the corner of the building where the bathroom was.  It leapt up and down repeatedly, until I told it I was sorry I yelled.

We would regularly find things moved around.  I had a glass bobbing bird that would bob up and down if you dipped its beak in a glass of water.  It got knocked off the windowsill and broke.  A few times, I glimpsed a gremlin-like thing out the kitchen window- it was outside the balcony, gripping the ballisters and leering at me.

Oddly enough, all this happened when I lived in the Boston area.  I moved to Texas fourteen years ago and haven't had a single experience.  I'm no longer a practicing pagan, though.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
I haven't touched one since the night the board spelled my name. I refuse to have one in my house, and will not allow any children that I may have to use one.
good.
Most tools and toys I caution people about using without knowing what tehy are doing. Understand tarot before you give a reading, don't through runes without knowing the meanings, and don't get invilved in Voodoo based on what you see in the movies.
ouija is the one thing I tell people to never do. period.
Automatic writing and ouija boards I don't do.  I have a board without a planchette that I used in the past, but wouldn't do so now.  I have a set of runes.  I wonder where they are.  I really love them, but don't know how to use them.  I also have those celtic cards and the book that goes with them. 
I once heard that if you sit in a dark room with a mirror or a dish filled with water in front of you, you can see images on the surface (no, not of yourself!  Very funny!).  I stared for hours with no luck.  Phooey!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Xallanthia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2008, 11:19:13 AM »
I haven't touched one since the night the board spelled my name. I refuse to have one in my house, and will not allow any children that I may have to use one.
good.
Most tools and toys I caution people about using without knowing what tehy are doing. Understand tarot before you give a reading, don't through runes without knowing the meanings, and don't get invilved in Voodoo based on what you see in the movies.
Automatic writing and ouija boards I don't do.  I have a board without a planchette that I used in the past, but wouldn't do so now.  I have a set of runes.  I wonder where they are.  I really love them, but don't know how to use them.  I also have those celtic cards and the book that goes with them. 
I once heard that if you sit in a dark room with a mirror or a dish filled with water in front of you, you can see images on the surface (no, not of yourself!  Very funny!).  I stared for hours with no luck.  Phooey!

That's similar to the "bloody mary" story.  Of course to make that work you have to spin around three times in a dark bathroom then look in the mirror.  Small surprise people see things what with the stars that much spinning makes in your vision, at least in the dark.

spiffy

« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2008, 01:42:18 PM »
When I was a child, I used to have the same dream almost every night for years.

In my dream, I would be running towards our old house (in China).  Right as I got to the front door I would stop and peek around the door frame.  Inside I would see a whole bunch of creatures "partying" and as soon as I peeked around, they would all stop, turn to me and start running after me.

Years later, I was talking to someone who called herself a white witch and I was telling her about my dream.  As I was trying to describe what these creatures looked like and she got up and pulled a book out and showed me a picture of what I was tying to describe.  It was a demon.  I still wonder why I had those dreams so frequently.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2008, 02:11:53 PM »
When I was a child, I used to have the same dream almost every night for years.

In my dream, I would be running towards our old house (in China).  Right as I got to the front door I would stop and peek around the door frame.  Inside I would see a whole bunch of creatures "partying" and as soon as I peeked around, they would all stop, turn to me and start running after me.

Years later, I was talking to someone who called herself a white witch and I was telling her about my dream.  As I was trying to describe what these creatures looked like and she got up and pulled a book out and showed me a picture of what I was tying to describe.  It was a demon.  I still wonder why I had those dreams so frequently.

That sent a shiver down my spine.

bionelly

« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2008, 03:49:51 PM »
good.

That's similar to the "bloody mary" story.  Of course to make that work you have to spin around three times in a dark bathroom then look in the mirror.  Small surprise people see things what with the stars that much spinning makes in your vision, at least in the dark.

The version I heard didn't have any spinning in it.  You were just supposed to say "Bloody Mary" either three or one hundred times (I heard both) while looking at a mirror in a dark room.

Cracea

« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »
good.

Actually it's called scrying.  There's no spinning involved.  Quite the opposite in fact.  You're really supposed to first bathe to cleanse yourself (spiritually, that is  ;D), then meditate while seated comfortably in front of the mirror, preferably a black one, or the bowl of water.  It's not a divination method I've used, but I have friends who've used it successfully.

Xallanthia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2008, 08:55:20 AM »
good.

Actually it's called scrying.  There's no spinning involved.  Quite the opposite in fact.  You're really supposed to first bathe to cleanse yourself (spiritually, that is  ;D), then meditate while seated comfortably in front of the mirror, preferably a black one, or the bowl of water.  It's not a divination method I've used, but I have friends who've used it successfully.

**shrugs** all I know is the way we used to freak ourselves out as children, involved spinning.  In the pitch dark--usually in a bathroom--either three or ten times with the eyes tightly closed and hands on top of the head while chanting (generally her name), then look in the mirror.  I don't pretend to explain scrying, not knowing anything about it, but I do think that the childish version I knew is somewhat more easily explained.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »
For scrying, there is no spinning, for the Bloody Mary urban legend, there is spinning. The spinning is actually important for the 'trick' to work, as if you are disoriented, in the darks, and then flash a light on a mirror expectig to see something odd, you more than likely will, as the loss of equilibrium and the sudden light will affect your vision, your mind plays the right tricks on you.

Sorry, in a science class we broke down how that one actually worked for some people.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »
A few responses back, someone stated that an ouja (sp?) board is a portal.  A portal to what?  Can you explain a bit further?  Thanks!

BTW...I did have an experience with a board when I was a teenager.  It spooks me to even type it so I can't.  I tried, but I can't. 

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »
A few responses back, someone stated that an ouja (sp?) board is a portal.  A portal to what?  Can you explain a bit further?  Thanks!

BTW...I did have an experience with a board when I was a teenager.  It spooks me to even type it so I can't.  I tried, but I can't. 

It's a portal to the spiritual world. A ouija board opens the lines of communication between the people using the board and the spirits... Unfortunately, you can't summon a particular spirit (at least not to my knowledge). It's not like dialing 867-5309 and getting Jenny on the line... :) You get whomever (or whatever) is there and able to communicate. And sometimes, they aren't happy about being disturbed.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2008, 07:29:07 PM »
Great.  Now guess what song I'll have stuck in my mind the rest of the day! :D

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2008, 08:21:56 PM »

The best way I can describe it is it's a portal to the bad side of the otherworldly tracks.

It sounds silly, but it's a portal to negative energy, spirits, thoughts, whatever you want to call it, it opens the door to a dark place, with things that should just be left alone.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2008, 11:42:32 PM »
I want to hear about lilbunny's wedding dress ghost!