Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 381788 times)

m2kbug

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2280 on: March 03, 2013, 02:55:32 AM »
About a week ago I think I had a spirit cat purr in my ear.  Scared the bejeezers out of me.  I was sitting here at my computer.  I swear I heard a purr and thought I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye.  It wasn't my cat.  He would have had to have been hovering in the air at shoulder level in order to purr in my ear.  It was a loud purr.  Of course I wonder if it was just my imagination, but wow, it really was loud. 

I have a man hanging around...I think...maybe it's just my imagination...I think he might be a spirit guide.  He hangs out in the back seat of the car sometimes.  Imagine my startle when I thought there was a guy in the car.  I looked back and no one there.  I'm kind of used to it now, but it still gives me a start when I think I catch some guy in the car in my peripheral vision.  He hangs out sometimes in the office with me.  I only catch only a glimpse from the corner of my eye.  I do believe in spirits and spirit guides, but of course I always wonder if it's my mind playing tricks on me.   

On one hand, I wouldn't mind opening up the ability to see spirits, but on the other hand, it scares me.  I don't think my house is "haunted" per se, but I think spirits do pop in and out sometimes. 

menley

« Reply #2281 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Wow! I've just spent the past week reading the whole thread. The experiences you guys have had are amazing.

I must say that I'm very glad that I appear to have no sensitivity whatsoever. The house we own (we're currently renting it out while we live in another city for my husband's job) was the site of the previous owner's suicide. We didn't find that out until after we had put an offer on the house (in my home state, suicides are not required to be disclosed to potential owners, but murders are). We decided to go ahead with the house purchase and haven't had any unusual experiences (fingers crossed!)

The city we live in now, and even the building we live in, has been home to many horrific things over the past hundred years. There is a building just down the block that witnessed many, many terrible events during the time of Nazi occupation. Many visitors have said that they feel an overwhelming depression when getting close to the building and have questioned why we would live so close to it, but I haven't felt a thing. Thank goodness, because I have an overactive imagination, and it wouldn't take much to scare me away.

The only stories that I have that have hints of paranormal activity are from when I was a child - and I had that previously mentioned overactive imagination, so I can't be certain of the stories' veracity  ;)

The first is that I had a small clown doll that was handmade by a friend of my mother's and given to me when I was young (I think as a baby). I had no particular fear of clowns and I actually loved the circus, but I started trying to throw the doll away suddenly when I was about 6 or 7. My mom asked me why and I told her that it kept appearing on the foot of my bed when I awoke in the mornings, when it had been sitting on the dresser when I went to bed that evening. She said it must have been my sister moving it as a prank (which is absolutely something she would do) but she denied it, both then and to this day (we're in our thirties now).

In the same house, we had an intercom system in all of the rooms. At night, I would hear a male voice coming from the speaker in my room, but it wasn't my dad's voice and he was sound asleep when I went to my parents' room in terror! My parents had no idea what to think of this but said it was probably interference from some other electronics. This was in the 80s, though, so there wasn't an abundance of cell phone signals around :)

In that same house, I often had recurring dreams about a ghost in the hallway that looked like my sister, but when I tried to speak to it, I would see my sister standing in another room of the house.  I haven't had any dreams like that since we moved from the house when I was 10, though. So again - was it the product of an overactive imagination? I think so... since I've never experienced anything since that time... but I guess I'll never know for sure.

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #2282 on: March 14, 2013, 08:59:01 AM »
It's generally accepted that children are more sensitive than adults, so it's very possible those experiences were real but you've since lost whatever ability you had that let you experience them.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2283 on: March 14, 2013, 12:55:56 PM »
I always get excited when I see this thread's updated!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #2284 on: March 14, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »
I wonder if my Dad has been visiting me lately?  Since about Christmas time I have noticed my bedroom door shutting, or rather , I hear it shutting - the clicking shut sound, and when I look it is shut.  I have never seen it shutting but when I investigate, it is shut.  Initially I thought the cat was shutting it, i.e.  leaning against it but several times now I have heard it, checked it and cat was in another room entirely.  Just this morning I was standing at the bathroom sink and heard the bedroom door click shut.  I peeked out of the bathroom and it is indeed shut.  Look around for cat, open door, cat is asleep on sofa.  Since door opens in, cat would've had to be inside room to shut door.  I am not always alone when it shuts either, and it has also shut in the middle of the night.  My DS told me one morning that he heard me shut my door at about midnight.  I just told him it wasn't me.  He loves all things paranormal so he didn't seem scared by it.  And, no one has ever witnessed it in the act of shutting, you hear the noise and it's shut.
Said door never slams.  It is a gentle, click click as it shuts.  I just wonder if Dad has heard my many prayers to come for a visit and decided he would finally apease me.   ???
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

ScubaGirl

« Reply #2285 on: March 14, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »
Menley's stories reminded me of 2 from my own childhood (I'm pretty sure I haven't already posted these).

First, one year when I was 10/11 I received a small area rug shaped like a foot.  It was cute - fuzzy sort of feeling with 5 toes.  I would guess it was a little over 3 feet long.  I put it on the floor of my bedroom.  One morning I woke up and noticed that the toes were curled up - like when you bend your toes down and the knuckles come up (not sure that makes sense but not sure it matters).  I straightened the rug and didn't think of it again, until the next morning when it looked like the rug had entirely moved from where it started.  Now, I have 3 older brothers and I figured it could be one of them playing a trick on me.  I learned early on not to say something - not to give a response - so they'd get bored and tire of whatever it was. But, this kept happening and none of them said anything so I started to get a little worried.  The foot rug was always in a different place in the morning than it was in the evening (about 7 - 10 days).  Finally one morning I woke up and looked over the edge of my bed and didn't see the rug at all.  I leaned over further and there it was, right next to my bed with the big toe propped up against the side rail!  I jumped out of bed, rolled that thing up tight and threw it in the back of my closet.  Still no one said anything and years later I asked an no one claimed to be moving it.

Second, I had a heat register next to my bed.  Not long after the foot area rug incident I started waking up (which by itself is a miracle because I have always slept like the dead) to hear voices coming from the register.  I couldn't make out words but I definitely heard voices (everyone in the house already in bed and sleeping).  One night it freaked me out so much I went to sleep on my sister's bedroom floor.  After that night I don't remember hearing the voices ever again.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2286 on: March 14, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
My family once lived in a house where the whole family was creeped out by the hallway and stairs (this house also has a basement where it sometimes felt normal and other times felt like you are being watched).  Then we later lived in a one-story house where we were creeped out by the hallway.  Even visitors felt it. 

What's with hallways and stairs?  I've since read or seen on TV many stories about the same issue.  Thankfully my current house, which has both hallways and stairs, feel perfectly fine.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2287 on: March 14, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
Wow! I've just spent the past week reading the whole thread. The experiences you guys have had are amazing.

I must say that I'm very glad that I appear to have no sensitivity whatsoever. The house we own (we're currently renting it out while we live in another city for my husband's job) was the site of the previous owner's suicide. We didn't find that out until after we had put an offer on the house (in my home state, suicides are not required to be disclosed to potential owners, but murders are). We decided to go ahead with the house purchase and haven't had any unusual experiences (fingers crossed!)

The city we live in now, and even the building we live in, has been home to many horrific things over the past hundred years. There is a building just down the block that witnessed many, many terrible events during the time of Nazi occupation. Many visitors have said that they feel an overwhelming depression when getting close to the building and have questioned why we would live so close to it, but I haven't felt a thing. Thank goodness, because I have an overactive imagination, and it wouldn't take much to scare me away.

The only stories that I have that have hints of paranormal activity are from when I was a child - and I had that previously mentioned overactive imagination, so I can't be certain of the stories' veracity  ;)

The first is that I had a small clown doll that was handmade by a friend of my mother's and given to me when I was young (I think as a baby). I had no particular fear of clowns and I actually loved the circus, but I started trying to throw the doll away suddenly when I was about 6 or 7. My mom asked me why and I told her that it kept appearing on the foot of my bed when I awoke in the mornings, when it had been sitting on the dresser when I went to bed that evening. She said it must have been my sister moving it as a prank (which is absolutely something she would do) but she denied it, both then and to this day (we're in our thirties now).

In the same house, we had an intercom system in all of the rooms. At night, I would hear a male voice coming from the speaker in my room, but it wasn't my dad's voice and he was sound asleep when I went to my parents' room in terror! My parents had no idea what to think of this but said it was probably interference from some other electronics. This was in the 80s, though, so there wasn't an abundance of cell phone signals around :)

In that same house, I often had recurring dreams about a ghost in the hallway that looked like my sister, but when I tried to speak to it, I would see my sister standing in another room of the house.  I haven't had any dreams like that since we moved from the house when I was 10, though. So again - was it the product of an overactive imagination? I think so... since I've never experienced anything since that time... but I guess I'll never know for sure.
Apparently sound can travel from one house to another.  In the 80's my mom was very ill and we lived in the back house from her.  We  had an intercom between the two houses and a neighbor told us she was picking up our conversations on hers, so she turned it off (I thought that was so thoughtful).

About your other experiences...yikes!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

staceym

« Reply #2288 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
I always get excited when I see this thread's updated!

me too

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2289 on: March 14, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
Re: older intercoms

One of my CW's also has a mid 80's one.  She picks up her neighbors baby monitors, cordless phone calls and CB chatter from the highway (she lives about a mile or so from it).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

menley

« Reply #2290 on: March 14, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
Re: older intercoms

One of my CW's also has a mid 80's one.  She picks up her neighbors baby monitors, cordless phone calls and CB chatter from the highway (she lives about a mile or so from it).

That makes me feel much better! :)

Jules1980

« Reply #2291 on: March 14, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »

The intercom could have picked up a CB radio frequency.  The speaker system at my church growing up would.  We'd be praying or the pastor would be leading the sermon and suddenly we'd hear someone on the highway several blocks away asking for directions, or worse as in one case, describing his Saturday night date in details young ears didn't need to hear.

KB

« Reply #2292 on: March 17, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »
I finally have a story for this thread!

My mother died almost eight years ago, and Dad and I have started attributing all sorts of things to her - finding lost objects, remembering things we don't want to forget, etc.

At the moment Dad and I are cleaning up the house in preparation for putting it on the market. Dad got married five years ago and moved in with his now-wife, while I stayed in what had been the family home, which is the one that will soon be sold. Last night I was cleaning things off shelves in the walk-through wardrobe that are the last couple of bags of stuff Dad never took with him when he moved out. I went to bed with it half-done.

As I was about to fall asleep, I heard Mum's voice saying "the Lourdes water." I said something like "Yes, Mum, I won't forget to pack it."

The Lourdes water is a bottle of water Mum brought back from a trip she and my late Grandmother took to Lourdes forty years ago or so. It's a big plastic bottle that is about half-full.

When I continued cleaning up this morning, I found the bottle (which I am sure was standing up when I went to bed) lying on its side, slowly leaking. Only a small amount of water had escaped, but clearly Mum wasn't happy at it happening and felt she had to tell me.

molly13

« Reply #2293 on: March 17, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »
I was just catching up on this thread when I saw it pop up again.  Funnily enough, my older cat Mimi is now creeping around the house very slowly, like she sees something that's scaring her.  At first I thought that it was one of the neighbourhood strays had gotten in (they like to sneak in and steal my cat's food), but I can't find one.  Really weird.

zara1269

« Reply #2294 on: March 19, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
I made it to page 100 in 4 days before deciding I have to share some of my experiences. I'll preface this by saying I have always had a STRONG attraction to the paranormal even from a very young age.

1) My first experience was the one time when I was 3 or 4 I was coming down the steps and I saw what I thought was an angel. I grew up in a religious house and never heard of ghosts at that time so the only thing I could think it could be was an angel. For YEARS I could not even pass that stair case without having the light on b/c I was so freaked out I would see it again so I'm thinking it was no angel. I think it could have been my grandpa's ghost. We lived with my Grandma and her room was always so cold when she was there. We'd here footsteps going up to her room and the door shutting when everyone was downstairs or not at home. When she died the activity stopped and now the room is almost warm. NO changes to the heating system either.

2) When I was in JR. High I was going to go stay with my Aunt and Uncle and cousin in Kentucky. The night before I had a very vivid dream that we were in a horrific car accident and I died. I saw us going down a big hill and the car flipping over. Lo and behold on the way to Kentucky getting off an off ramp my uncle's truck slipped on some oil and the same exact scene flipped. Needless to say I was completely freaked but didn't die.
I don't think I have too much psychic ability although I can do the predict the song thing sometimes. And when I take multiple choice tests I think I could (I never really tested this b/c I didn't want to rely on it) predict the answers if I truly went with my gut. I think if I never would have read the questions I could have probably received 100% on those tests just by circling the first thing that popped in my head.

3) I have recently started ghost hunting. It's so amazing. We investigated this super haunted location called Prospect Place (Ghost Adventures season 3 did an episode here). There is this little girls room where the little girls stayed and for some reason I was super attracted to this room which is odd b/c I am pretty neutral toward children. So I read to the little girl ghosts while doing and EVP session and I felt this tingling sensation on my leg. I quit the EVP session and as I was wearing capris I noticed on my calf three distcint red marks (I read Zak Bagan's -host of Ghost Adventures book and he had a pic of some scratches he received somewhere else and they looked identical to mine). So nothing much came of the investigation until we got home and reviewed our EVP's. In that little girl's room I had left my EVP recorder in there and I captured a little girl saying "Hi" and a class A "Momma". We captured blood curdling screams (not ours), a male voice telling two of our female investigators, "I wanna touch you somewhere". During the day during our walk through with the tour guide I caught on my recorder a very clear growl just as if someone put the recorder to their mouth and growled in it. While up in what is known as the satanic ballroom (apparently in the 70's while abandoned some devil worshipers held rituals in there and opened up some sort of portal and drew a pentagram on the wall which is now painted over with a cross in an attempt to conceal the portal) my friend and I held and EVP session there and we heard some rapping on the walls, I asked, "Is that you making that noise" and we hear a "Yep". This was captured on both of our recorders. Needless to say we are making this an annual trip for SURE!!

My group is going to the Mansfield Reformatory (where Shawshank Redemption was filmed) at the end of May so I may have more stories to share. I just started working at a nursing home and I already have some stories that I'll share later.
Where I go I just don't know...I got to take it slow. When I find my peace of mind. I'm gonna give you some of my good time. ~RCHP