Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 383214 times)

Browyn

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2295 on: March 19, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
...I think it could have been my grandpa's ghost. We lived with my Grandma and her room was always so cold when she was there. We'd here footsteps going up to her room and the door shutting when everyone was downstairs or not at home. When she died the activity stopped and now the room is almost warm. NO changes to the heating system either...

I think its romantic that your Grandfather wanted to stay until Grandma was ready to go with him. 

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #2296 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
Yesterday at lunch I had an interesting encounter.

I was in a hurry and only going a short distance to pick up my lunch so I didn't put my seatbelt on.
I was driving along and noticed a police car up ahead of me, so, I buckled my belt (illegal here to drive with no seatbelt on).
Not 60 seconds later a car cut across 3 lanes, right in front of me, to make a left turn into a small shopping center.
I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the car.
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #2297 on: March 20, 2013, 11:39:42 AM »
We were driving home (from Washington DC to the Houston, Texas area) on Sunday.  I "heard" my cell phone ring but didn't feel it vibrate - so I checked the settings on it.  Turned out that the sound was "off"???  Redid the settings to the way that I prefer and asked VorGuy (driving) if he'd heard my phone or if it had been his phone that I'd really heard.

He hadn't heard anything.

While he was still talking, Ambrosia Hino (DD) called to let us know that she'd fallen, had been to the ER, and was on crutches due to doing something to her ankle.  I'm glad that I'd checked on my phone's settings - but be danged if I know how it rang to let me know the ringer volume was turned off!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #2298 on: March 20, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
In the same house, we had an intercom system in all of the rooms. At night, I would hear a male voice coming from the speaker in my room, but it wasn't my dad's voice and he was sound asleep when I went to my parents' room in terror! My parents had no idea what to think of this but said it was probably interference from some other electronics. This was in the 80s, though, so there wasn't an abundance of cell phone signals around :)

Stil lcatching up on the topic, but had to reply to this. :) Cellphones aren't the only cause.  Anything that broadcasts on shortwave, mediumwave, maybe longwave or higher on the RF spectrum, like Air, Ham and CB chatter, can be picked up. :) My mum once got an announcement of Three Mile Island over the speakers in the middle of the night... the radio was off, and it was in the late 90's.  The signal was probably on a bounceback.

Ditto to the lovely Ham OP neighbor who would hold... ah, family unfriendly conversations with his amore that dad's stereo speakers were also picking up.  It was late at night, so us younger ones never caught it, but we figured he was using illegally modified equipment.

The second one reminds me.  At that same time, my mum had enough and took us down the block to see another Ham OP neighbor.  I remember, after I got home, I thought I saw this weird looking butterfly on the wall inside our hour, near the vent.  It was a dusty black color, almost plush like in proportions, with pastel stripes on it.  I remember it was the oddest thing, and when I turned around and back again, the thing had gone.  It's not ghostly, but I really don't know what it was...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:01:41 PM by Kaora »

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #2299 on: March 20, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »
I live near a lot of radio antennas (high point of the city) and, yes, my loud speakers pick up a lot of weird stuff. If the stereo is set to CD instead of radio, the speakers are powered but receiving no signal so they often pick stuff up.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #2300 on: March 20, 2013, 09:01:01 PM »
When I was 5 we moved into a new house. The teenager that had lived in the room before had rigged up a music system between my room and sis. There was a "speaker" in my ceiling. For years I swore that voices were coming from that speaker. It was impossible because it was just a cover the actual speaker and all wiring had been removed by my father and uncle because it was badly done. They were afraid it would short and cause a fire.

It got to the point my parents were worrying I was hearing voices. Turned out that was sound from the front room coming through the ac vents.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

zara1269

« Reply #2301 on: March 22, 2013, 08:08:09 AM »
Had another sghting at work yesterday...I was passing medications down my hall and saw a white whispy float out of one of my rooms. I was soooooo stoked I had to find my aide to tell him what I saw. All the nurse aides know I love ghosts so whenever they have a sighting or a touching they rush to find and tell me. I started saying hi to the ghosts. I figure they are still resident's of the place why not. Our laundry room seems the most active. If I have time I hang out in there sometimes.

The shower on our hall is getting remodeled and my main aide told me that usually creates more activity. He has lots of stories. I'm trying to get my coworkers to go with me to investigate this haunted nursing home in our state that has been bought by a paranormal investigating team and offers overnight stays. We could wear our uniforms as trigger objects.

Thankfully for the ghosts or I wouldn't have much to look forward to at my job. It's the one perk I have. lol.
Where I go I just don't know...I got to take it slow. When I find my peace of mind. I'm gonna give you some of my good time. ~RCHP

glinda

« Reply #2302 on: March 22, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »
Mine isn't scary at all but another case of someone saying goodbye.

A few years ago one of my friends that I worked with was killed in a tragic accident.  All of us at work were stunned and not much work was accomplished for the next few weeks.  I ended up coming in by myself on a Saturday about 3 weeks later to get caught up.  While I was working the fax machine kept ringing a half a ring but no fax would come through.  It did this about 4 times over the course of a couple hours.  I checked all the connections and they were fine. 

I went out for a cigarette just before I decided to leave.  When I came back into the office the phone was ringing, when I looked at the caller id it showed my deceased friend's name.  He was the only one in the city with that name and nobody was living in his house or would have reason to call from his number at this point.

I figured he was letting me know he was okay.  I felt better and when I told my boss the story (he was very affected by the death as well) he felt better.

Other than that not much has happened to me except knowing both times someone called to say a grandmother had passed away that that was why they were calling.

Bratski

« Reply #2303 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
I haven't posted in a long time, but I have been reading. This happened yesterday and I have no idea how to explain it. I am hoping you all might have some ideas.

DH had picked me up at work in the morning (I work backshift) and we drove home. We got the kids off to school then went to my dentist appointment. When we pulled in the parking lot there was a silver SUV next to us. I glanced over and saw the profile of a woman with short dark hair. She looked like she was late thirties/early forties. She was looking down at something in her lap. I thought for a moment I had arrived too soon and she was waiting for the office to open up.

I bent down and got my purse from the car floor and when I sat up she was gone. I looked around but I didn't see her. I hadn't heard a door open either. I asked DH if he had just seen the woman in the car. He gave me a look and said he hadn't. We walked into the office and I stopped talking about it. I had my appointment and as soon as we walked out I asked DH if he was sure he hadn't seen anyone.

He told me that he had seen the woman but it had been earlier that morning when he was coming to pick me up from work. She had cut him off at the coffee shop drive through. He had remembered the car (DH gets cranky at bad drivers, especially those who keep him from his coffee for one more minute)and described the woman he saw. It sounded like the same woman.

We have been together for over 11 years and have had some cool/odd things happen. Sometimes he will answer a question I asked him in my head or I will know what he is looking for before he says anything or really starts to look. A few times when we have been apart and one of us is stressed for some reason, the other has known when it was happening to within 10 minutes.

I thought before yesterday that we just have the low grade telepathy/extensive knowledge of one another some couples get after being together for a long time.

I know what I saw and I know DH wouldn't lie to me. But now I don't know what is going on. I know it's not very dramatic, but it's freaked me out just the same.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2304 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
I bent down and got my purse from the car floor and when I sat up she was gone. I looked around but I didn't see her. I hadn't heard a door open either. I asked DH if he had just seen the woman in the car.

Was it just the woman that disappeared, or did both the woman and her car disappear ?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2305 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »
My 2.  It's possible that your DH was stewing about this woman driving like a maniac.  He saw the car and pictured the woman...maybe he glimpsed her texting while driving or something.  Strong emotion tend to leak out of people that aren't great at keeping them locked in.  Sensitive people pick up on those leaks if they are not great at blocking out others stray thoughts.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2306 on: April 18, 2013, 12:33:38 AM »
My 2.  It's possible that your DH was stewing about this woman driving like a maniac.  He saw the car and pictured the woman...maybe he glimpsed her texting while driving or something.  Strong emotion tend to leak out of people that aren't great at keeping them locked in.  Sensitive people pick up on those leaks if they are not great at blocking out others stray thoughts.

Anthony is like this, and I pick up on it.  I tell him he's "thinking loudly" or "feeling loud"
"After all this time?"
"Always."

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2307 on: April 18, 2013, 01:10:22 AM »
Okay, the music director at my church died a few months ago, and ever since, I've felt his "presence" at the church, especially in the music suite.

- He was a chain smoker before he got cancer, and, though the smell has mostly gone from the suite, sometimes it'll kick up again when I think about him or mention his name.
-I was working on something that I technically wasn't supposed to be working on (I'm cataloging the music, and I was taking a break with something else), and I felt him glaring at me. I said, "Okay, Kevin, I get it. I'll get back to work," and the atmosphere of the room got lighter.
-Every time I look at or get close to the "bell banner" at church (the banner has a bell on it for each member that has died), the banner starts moving. It doesn't move when other people could see it, though.

This last bit has (for lack of a better way to put it) a trigger warning, because it's kinda scary:

In the last month of his life, Kevin took the elevator in church a lot to conserve his energy. I also used to take the elevator, until the Sunday after he died. I got in, and the elevator smelled...mildewy, but it's always smelled like that. Suddenly, I felt like I couldn't breathe (like I was trying to breathe in water), and I heard Kevin screaming in my head, "GET OUT! GET OUT OF HERE! IT'S NOT SAFE!" I stumbled out of the elevator when it got to the main floor, gasping for air. I have never, ever taken the elevator again, and I never plan to do so in the future.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2308 on: April 30, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »
I came home yesterday afternoon and none of my three cats were in plain sight. When I walked into my bedroom, I noticed a kitty sized lump under the covers. I assumed it was my middle cat, since that is her favorite napping spot. I stood next to the bed and said "Who's under there ?  ;D Where's my kid ?", expecting the middle cat to meow back. Instead, I heard the youngest cat happily purr. I thought that was very odd, since the youngest cat hates to be covered and never sleeps under blankets. I patted the covers where I thought her head would be. Nothing under that spot. Huh. I grabbed the blanket where the body should've been. It felt very heavy and tightly wrapped up around something, like there was 8 pounds of kitty tucked into it. I thought "Oh, poor thing, something must've really scared her if she's tangled up in the blanket." So I started unwrapping the blanket. No kitty in there, either. And then it turned out my three cats were hiding in other spots in the house, nowhere near the bedroom.  :o

Redwing

« Reply #2309 on: April 30, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »
I came home yesterday afternoon and none of my three cats were in plain sight. When I walked into my bedroom, I noticed a kitty sized lump under the covers. I assumed it was my middle cat, since that is her favorite napping spot. I stood next to the bed and said "Who's under there ?  ;D Where's my kid ?", expecting the middle cat to meow back. Instead, I heard the youngest cat happily purr. I thought that was very odd, since the youngest cat hates to be covered and never sleeps under blankets. I patted the covers where I thought her head would be. Nothing under that spot. Huh. I grabbed the blanket where the body should've been. It felt very heavy and tightly wrapped up around something, like there was 8 pounds of kitty tucked into it. I thought "Oh, poor thing, something must've really scared her if she's tangled up in the blanket." So I started unwrapping the blanket. No kitty in there, either. And then it turned out my three cats were hiding in other spots in the house, nowhere near the bedroom.  :o

Ok, that's just freaky.