Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 374953 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2400 on: September 23, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
cmw, if your friend is truly talented, she could have could have set the plushie up as a ward.  I can do it with objects or what I dub mojo pouches.

My DH told me to take my gun with me if I was that uncomfortable...I could, but I'd need to get some kind of a holster for it....a taser or mace would be easier to carry, I think.  I'll probably just stick to the gym from now on though.

So, Parker did have a chat with my newest buddy.  I'm kind of impressed he followed this guy from the Congo.  From what Parker would share, he and his family were killed a little  over 15 years ago during a war and he is haunting the crap out of the guy that is responsible.  My spirits are giving him lessons in better matter manipulation to really haunt this guy good.   ::)  I'd worry, but it seems like it is a reasonable response.

Parker left me with a word of caution, not to look up what happened, just take his word that it was really, really bad and I don't need the nightmares (I was hardly more than a teenager and don't recall the specifics other than there was a civil war there, I think).

If a murdered ghost says that you don't want to know - I'd believe him.

I'd also consider that lessons in being a better ghost might involve better manners around those who had nothing to do with the circumstances of his death and better matter manipulation around the one who did have something to do with his death from other ghosts.  Since you are an innocent - leave him to the other ghosts to deal with.

Will he need a "ride" back to his chosen haunting site from you or would you have a problem with that if it gets him out of your home?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2401 on: September 23, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
cmw, if your friend is truly talented, she could have could have set the plushie up as a ward.  I can do it with objects or what I dub mojo pouches.

My DH told me to take my gun with me if I was that uncomfortable...I could, but I'd need to get some kind of a holster for it....a taser or mace would be easier to carry, I think.  I'll probably just stick to the gym from now on though.

So, Parker did have a chat with my newest buddy.  I'm kind of impressed he followed this guy from the Congo.  From what Parker would share, he and his family were killed a little  over 15 years ago during a war and he is haunting the crap out of the guy that is responsible.  My spirits are giving him lessons in better matter manipulation to really haunt this guy good.   ::)  I'd worry, but it seems like it is a reasonable response.

Parker left me with a word of caution, not to look up what happened, just take his word that it was really, really bad and I don't need the nightmares (I was hardly more than a teenager and don't recall the specifics other than there was a civil war there, I think).

If a murdered ghost says that you don't want to know - I'd believe him.

I'd also consider that lessons in being a better ghost might involve better manners around those who had nothing to do with the circumstances of his death and better matter manipulation around the one who did have something to do with his death from other ghosts.  Since you are an innocent - leave him to the other ghosts to deal with.

Will he need a "ride" back to his chosen haunting site from you or would you have a problem with that if it gets him out of your home?

Really he's not bothering me at all...very polite ghosts considering he sort of hitchhiked here.  I'm sure he was just making sure I got home safely.  I'm used to visitors.

Yeah, I'm totally taking their word on it that I really don't want to know how bad it was...it was a dingdangity war after all.  I didn't get the impression he was harmful or even angry at other people, but trying to protect others from a living monster.  All his anger is directed at one solitary person and it's totally not my problem. I'm all for helping out a spirit that wants to move on, but he obviously wants to dish out what this guy is due (and I can't say I particularly blame him for wanting some kind of revenge). He couldn't have got through my wards if he intended me or my family harm.

I'm not worried about him finding his way "home".  It's close enough that Parker or Titus could take him home if needed. Besides, when a spirit attaches itself to someone like this, it can find them where ever they are (I mean, seriously, he followed him from another continent).  This type of attachment is dingdangity near impossible to break unless the guy dies or the spirit moves on it's own.  He's not attached to an object or a home, but to a person that wronged him.  I'm not entirely sure warding his house would keep this spirit out as righteously vengeful ghosts don't always have the same rules apply to them (well it could keep him out, but the moment the guy left the confines of the warded area he'd be SOL).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #2402 on: September 24, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
Dazi, I think an anonymous phone call to the authorities that "there is a war criminal living at 123 Elm Street" would not be out of order.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2403 on: September 24, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »
Dazi, I think an anonymous phone call to the authorities that "there is a war criminal living at 123 Elm Street" would not be out of order.

And potentially ruin the life of an innocent man if the info is mistaken? That's assuming the police can be convinced, of course.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #2404 on: September 24, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

And potentially ruin the life of an innocent man if the info is mistaken? That's assuming the police can be convinced, of course.

Exactly. violinp and I have suspicions about the ghosts in our house (about stuff they did when they were alive), but we don't dare tell anyone, because police can't act on a person's tale of "ghosts". Not to mention if you say voices have told you things or you've seen XYZ, the police will generally call for the people in white coats.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

SlitherHiss

« Reply #2405 on: September 24, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »

ica171, you meant that to be a joke, right? Because that's startlingly bad advice. Listen to your instincts/guardians/spirits all you want, but accusations shouldn't be made lightly.

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #2406 on: September 24, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »

Yeah, the "evidence" here is extremely flimsy at best, and I really doubt anybody at the police station is going to take "Hello, I'd like to report a war criminal living at 123 Elm Street- a ghost hijacked my workout app and told me; also, his house gives me the hinkies" very seriously.
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

ica171

« Reply #2407 on: September 24, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
And if he does murder someone else? And if he is a war criminal? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew and didn't say anything and someone else's life was ruined/ended. The police would investigate. If they didn't find any supporting evidence, they're not going to arrest him because of one anonymous call.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2408 on: September 24, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »
And if he does murder someone else? And if he is a war criminal? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew and didn't say anything and someone else's life was ruined/ended. The police would investigate. If they didn't find any supporting evidence, they're not going to arrest him because of one anonymous call.

And if he's just some guy, and someone gets overzealous and sends in a SWAT team with guns blazing...?

ica171

« Reply #2409 on: September 24, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »

And if he's just some guy, and someone gets overzealous and sends in a SWAT team with guns blazing...?

I think the odds that the police would use the resources (and risk the lawsuit) to send in a SWAT team based on one anonymous phone call, without doing any more verification, are very, very slim. But this is getting off topic now, so I'll leave it alone.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2410 on: September 24, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »

The police aren't going to investigate very seriously. He isn't a war criminal in the US. If he isn't officially wanted in his country of origin, they won't do diddly squat. He may be unofficially wanted, he may have moved here to avoid repercussions, but the police can't arrest him for that.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

SlitherHiss

« Reply #2411 on: September 24, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »
I have to ask, ica171, have you ever been accused of a serious crime? Because someone dear to me has, also on a flimsy accusation, and it led to a whole mess of trouble until they determined that the accusation was entirely baseless. There's no arrest without concrete evidence, but there can sure be questioning. You do not accuse people of crimes without the slightest shred of evidence. You just don't. Even anonymously.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #2412 on: September 24, 2013, 04:57:12 PM »
Edited to say - pod to SlitherHiss. Baseless accusations is serious business, specially of things like murder and war crimes.

thedudeabides

« Reply #2413 on: September 24, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »
Please do not report someone as a war criminal based on the evidence of a spirit. Just don't. I mean, unless you intend to leave some duty officer somewhere wondering if the moon is full. Even if they didn't dismiss it out of hand, that gives them almost no actual information to go on and it would be incredibly difficult to prove. I mean, as near as I can tell, your allegation is, "He's new in town, he's black and the ghost told me he was a war criminal in the Congo 15 years ago." At best, you're going to come across looking racist; at worst, crazy and racist.

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #2414 on: September 24, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »

Knew what? Nobody here knows anything. All anybody (including Dazi herself) "knows" is that the house gives her a creepy feeling and that she believes she heard a voice telling her this particular man is a war criminal. That is not evidence. That is not even a hunch. It certainly does not give anybody any kind of "knowledge" about this man or his past. It definitely doesn't give enough information to warrant jumping to the wild "ZOMG, WAR CRIMINAL, MASS MURDERER, DANGER!!!!!" assumptions that are being made about this guy, much less provide enough information to merit a call to the police. Dazi hasn't even spoken to him- for all she "knows," he isn't even from the Congo. The only concrete knowledge anybody here possesses is that he's a dark-complexioned man who is new in town. Seriously, you cannot accuse somebody of a crime (especially a serious one, like being a war criminal) on the basis of anything in this discussion. You just can't. Doing so- even suggesting doing so- is wildly irresponsible. Honestly, how would that conversation even go? "Yes, I suspect that the man living at X address is a war criminal, or at least, that he killed some people over a decade ago during the civil war in the Congo. Why? Oh, a ghost hijacked my iPod and told me." They're not going to take that seriously.
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com