Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 365330 times)

katycoo

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2475 on: October 30, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »
OK, I'll tell you my Port Arthur tales.

The whole site has an atmosphere of being watched.

I'm glad you had a good experience.  I did the Port A. ghost tour in July this year and got no vibes from the site whatsoever.  It was a little disappointing.  Historically fascinating but I got all the best enjoyment out of that during that day.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #2476 on: October 31, 2013, 05:16:14 AM »
I have to do a specific thing - actually two- in a different area than the front desk. While I am there I can look at the surveillance camera displays of the lobby. Since what I do takes a good 10-15 minutes I've gotten into the habit of checking the monitor - which shows the front desk from two different angles- every two minutes or so. Last night I heard someone knocking on the wooden door that leads from the front desk to the back area where I was. No one there on either camera. Then later I was putting paperwork away at the front desk and heard three knocks on the front desk. Needless to say no one was there,  either.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2477 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
This wasn't super creepy but it did make me wonder. I'm of the mentality that little ones can see things we cannot.  My cousin's daughter, when she was 3, lost a good friend.  I don't remember what the little boy had but it was a genetic disorder and he went in the hospital and died 3 days later.

Her mom picked her up, and was trying to think of how to tell her daughter that her little friend had died when the daughter suddenly started talking to the little boy and saying "Goodbye!"  And then another day the little girl said the boy "Jimmy" wanted to watch a certain movie they both enjoyed.

Cousin's child is now 5 and I haven't heard any more reports on any supernatural sightings.

But then a few weeks ago, I was driving around doing errands with my youngest and I usually keep the vanity mirror down so I can see what he's doing.   At one point he looked up over his head at the ceiling of the van, waved and said "HI!" and giggled.   :o 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

unnalee

« Reply #2478 on: October 31, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
I'm of the mentality that little ones can see things we cannot.

I've often felt this way too.  Both of my girls have waved and talked to seemingly empty air. 

When my grandmother died, my oldest (DD1) had just turned 3 (last time we saw grandma was at DD1's birthday party).  DD1 didn't like giving hugs, but after the birthday party when my grandmother was leaving, DD1 gave her the biggest hug ever, totally unbidden.  Grandma was so happy to get that hug.  Grandma died two weeks later.

Now DD1 is almost 5, and once in a while will walk into our bedroom in the middle of the night and start telling me how much she misses Mummu (that's what my kids called my grandma).  DD2 was only about 9 months old when Mummu died, and rather shocked me once just before her 2nd birthday when we were looking through photos and she pointed to a picture of me holding DD2 at her baptism, surrounded by the women in our family (my mom, Mummu, paternal grandmother).  She pointed right at Mummu and said her name, then looked sad and said, "Mummu died.  Miss her."

Makes me happy to think that even if Mummu isn't visiting my girls, they at least remember her.

staceym

« Reply #2479 on: October 31, 2013, 11:20:36 AM »
I'm of the mentality that little ones can see things we cannot.

I've often felt this way too.  Both of my girls have waved and talked to seemingly empty air. 
me too..

a week after my great-niece turned 2 my brother died.   In those 2 years my niece didn't see my brother that often, at holidays and family gatherings.

About six months or so after he died, my niece called (great-niece's mother) and said she was just freaked out.

She said that she and her daughter were outside - my niece was sweeping the driveway and my great-niece was playing around.  But she started to climb up a small wall by the driveway and her mother kept telling her to get down that she was going to fall.. Finally my niece goes over to her to get her and tell her to get down and great niece says "Uncle Joe (my brother) says he's won't let me fall" (or words to that affect that I can't remember now - great-niece is 10 now).  Freaked my niece out..me too. 

My niece also tells me that her daugher will get distraught when they are close to the cemetary where my brother is and she is very  determined that they go see Uncle Joe.

Sebastienne

« Reply #2480 on: October 31, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Just for fun, here are the winners of Jezebel's annual "true" ghost story contest:

http://jezebel.com/10-of-the-spookiest-scary-stories-youll-ever-read-1452658773

The phantom car one is a repeat from last year, and is almost certainly fiction, but...wow.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2481 on: November 01, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »
Last night was a weird night!  I talked to my DH around 4:15 and he had said he'd left work at about 4 and was planning to be home shortly.  It's generally about 30-45 minutes for him to get home, depending on traffic.  At about 4:30, our dog started freaking out, running around and barking his head off.  Usually this is a sign that DH is home.  Sure enough, I heard the garage door open, and I looked out the living room window and saw his car come driving in the cul de sac and to our driveway.  I never heard the garage door close though, and he never came inside.  After a few minutes, the dog calmed down, and I opened the door from the garage into the kitchen.  Garage door was closed, no car - but the garage light was on!  What the heck!

DH called about two minutes later and said he was stuck in traffic and probably wouldn't be home until close to 5.  I told him what had happened, and he laughed and apologized for sending his ghost presence home ahead of him. 

Then, all last night, there were these weird knocks and clunks from various areas of our house.  Neither the dog nor my DH seemed to hear any of it, so I don't know what was going on with that.  Just made my night a little bit more spooky and weird that I'd planned on!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2482 on: November 01, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »
Last night was a weird night!  I talked to my DH around 4:15 and he had said he'd left work at about 4 and was planning to be home shortly.  It's generally about 30-45 minutes for him to get home, depending on traffic.  At about 4:30, our dog started freaking out, running around and barking his head off.  Usually this is a sign that DH is home.  Sure enough, I heard the garage door open, and I looked out the living room window and saw his car come driving in the cul de sac and to our driveway.  I never heard the garage door close though, and he never came inside.  After a few minutes, the dog calmed down, and I opened the door from the garage into the kitchen.  Garage door was closed, no car - but the garage light was on!  What the heck!

DH called about two minutes later and said he was stuck in traffic and probably wouldn't be home until close to 5.  I told him what had happened, and he laughed and apologized for sending his ghost presence home ahead of him. 

Then, all last night, there were these weird knocks and clunks from various areas of our house.  Neither the dog nor my DH seemed to hear any of it, so I don't know what was going on with that.  Just made my night a little bit more spooky and weird that I'd planned on!

That's creepy. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "Ring A Ding Girl."  :o

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #2483 on: November 01, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »

Sounds like a vardogr.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #2484 on: November 01, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »
This isn't truly a ghost story but it did make me think, "Did that really just happen?"

The forecast for Halloween in our area was not great.  At least rain, if not, downpours were forecast and my kids were a little concerned about it.

The night before last, I had a dream that we were getting ready to go out.  It was miserable; thunder, lightning, rain, the works.  Just as we were pulling out of the driveway, the sun broke out and it was clear and beautiful.  I woke up and hoped it was an omen or something that we at least wouldn't be soaked.

So last night, the forecast had improved greatly and though it was still heavily overcast and damp, it had stopped raining and we were pretty sure it wouldn't rain while we were out. 

Just as we were leaving, the sun broke out for a few minutes.  It wasn't clear and beautiful but close enough, LOL.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2485 on: November 23, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
I've think I've mentioned before that the one place I rarely see any ghosts are at cemeteries.  My running theory is because they didn't actually die there, but I have seen a few, so not impossible or anything.

So imagine my surprise when I saw an elderly gentleman walking along the side of the road on the grass adjacent to the cemetery...at 6:30 am...in a fully decked out, awesome suit.  The first day I saw him, I thought I was mistaken and he was alive and well and must be walking to or from the cemetery, to the florist, convenient store, his car broke down, etc.  He looked that solid.  By the third day, I realised my first impression was correct.

He seems to be walking the same stretch everyday and wearing the same suit.  Thursday morning he was quite a bit farther than I'd seen him on previous days.  He was nearly to a very busy main road when a car drove through him...he had a moment of confusion and then started laughing...I mean full belly, doubled over, tear streaking laughing.

When I saw him Friday, he was whistling and sort of dancing a jig down the hill.  He looked like he was really enjoying himself. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2486 on: November 24, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »
It is possible that it isn't his place of death, but simply his favourite walking place. Perhaps someone he knows is buried there and he used to visit them? Perhaps he just likes the view. Hard to say. Sounds like he is enjoying the afterlife, though. :)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2487 on: November 24, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
I've think I've mentioned before that the one place I rarely see any ghosts are at cemeteries.  My running theory is because they didn't actually die there, but I have seen a few, so not impossible or anything.

So imagine my surprise when I saw an elderly gentleman walking along the side of the road on the grass adjacent to the cemetery...at 6:30 am...in a fully decked out, awesome suit. 

He's probably having tea with Resurrection Mary and swapping stories about "Guess how many rides I was offered today ?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_Mary
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:09:01 AM by TeamBhakta »

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2488 on: November 24, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
It is possible that it isn't his place of death, but simply his favourite walking place. Perhaps someone he knows is buried there and he used to visit them? Perhaps he just likes the view. Hard to say. Sounds like he is enjoying the afterlife, though. :)

He seems pretty dingdangity happy about being dead.  I've known a few who were or at least content.  Usually it is the ones that had some kind of very painful chronic condition or cancer.

Parker, for example, I knew in life and he had Cystic Fibrosis.  He knew from a very young age he was never going to grow up and have a normal life. He lived until 29.  He was in so much pain, it was a relief for him to die. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cwm

« Reply #2489 on: November 25, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
This reminds me, I saw some weird stuff driving home the other day. It was the night of the full moon, and I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but everything had felt off all day.

So on the way home from my BF's, I drive through a residential area with a large stone church. It's very dark along the street (not too many lights), but the side of the church is well lit with their own lights. So for this stretch of about five blocks, I can see what looks like people every other yard or so. The size of full grown adults, but they're all shadow. Pitch black.

Then I get to the church. And I can see three of them together darting around in the light against the wall of the church. Even in the light, they were pitch black. Like light was just being sucked in. I didn't get a sense that they were mean or evil, or if they were it wasn't directed at me. But when I got to my apartment, it felt like something was following me and watching me. Again, not mean or evil, just kind of creepy in the "Why is this person staring at me?" sense, not in the "I'm afraid that this person is going to hurt me" sense. My room was a bit more protected, but I could feel them out on my balcony all night, just watching.