A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"

<< < (497/533) > >>

Sebastienne:
Just for fun, here are the winners of Jezebel's annual "true" ghost story contest:

http://jezebel.com/10-of-the-spookiest-scary-stories-youll-ever-read-1452658773

The phantom car one is a repeat from last year, and is almost certainly fiction, but...wow.

Lady Snowdon:
Last night was a weird night!  I talked to my DH around 4:15 and he had said he'd left work at about 4 and was planning to be home shortly.  It's generally about 30-45 minutes for him to get home, depending on traffic.  At about 4:30, our dog started freaking out, running around and barking his head off.  Usually this is a sign that DH is home.  Sure enough, I heard the garage door open, and I looked out the living room window and saw his car come driving in the cul de sac and to our driveway.  I never heard the garage door close though, and he never came inside.  After a few minutes, the dog calmed down, and I opened the door from the garage into the kitchen.  Garage door was closed, no car - but the garage light was on!  What the heck!

DH called about two minutes later and said he was stuck in traffic and probably wouldn't be home until close to 5.  I told him what had happened, and he laughed and apologized for sending his ghost presence home ahead of him. 

Then, all last night, there were these weird knocks and clunks from various areas of our house.  Neither the dog nor my DH seemed to hear any of it, so I don't know what was going on with that.  Just made my night a little bit more spooky and weird that I'd planned on!

TeamBhakta:

--- Quote from: Lady Snowdon on November 01, 2013, 01:34:46 PM ---Last night was a weird night!  I talked to my DH around 4:15 and he had said he'd left work at about 4 and was planning to be home shortly.  It's generally about 30-45 minutes for him to get home, depending on traffic.  At about 4:30, our dog started freaking out, running around and barking his head off.  Usually this is a sign that DH is home.  Sure enough, I heard the garage door open, and I looked out the living room window and saw his car come driving in the cul de sac and to our driveway.  I never heard the garage door close though, and he never came inside.  After a few minutes, the dog calmed down, and I opened the door from the garage into the kitchen.  Garage door was closed, no car - but the garage light was on!  What the heck!

DH called about two minutes later and said he was stuck in traffic and probably wouldn't be home until close to 5.  I told him what had happened, and he laughed and apologized for sending his ghost presence home ahead of him. 

Then, all last night, there were these weird knocks and clunks from various areas of our house.  Neither the dog nor my DH seemed to hear any of it, so I don't know what was going on with that.  Just made my night a little bit more spooky and weird that I'd planned on!

--- End quote ---

That's creepy. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "Ring A Ding Girl."  :o

RingTailedLemur:

--- Quote from: Lady Snowdon on November 01, 2013, 01:34:46 PM ---Last night was a weird night!  I talked to my DH around 4:15 and he had said he'd left work at about 4 and was planning to be home shortly.  It's generally about 30-45 minutes for him to get home, depending on traffic.  At about 4:30, our dog started freaking out, running around and barking his head off.  Usually this is a sign that DH is home.  Sure enough, I heard the garage door open, and I looked out the living room window and saw his car come driving in the cul de sac and to our driveway.  I never heard the garage door close though, and he never came inside.  After a few minutes, the dog calmed down, and I opened the door from the garage into the kitchen.  Garage door was closed, no car - but the garage light was on!  What the heck!

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a vardogr.

2littlemonkeys:
This isn't truly a ghost story but it did make me think, "Did that really just happen?"

The forecast for Halloween in our area was not great.  At least rain, if not, downpours were forecast and my kids were a little concerned about it.

The night before last, I had a dream that we were getting ready to go out.  It was miserable; thunder, lightning, rain, the works.  Just as we were pulling out of the driveway, the sun broke out and it was clear and beautiful.  I woke up and hoped it was an omen or something that we at least wouldn't be soaked.

So last night, the forecast had improved greatly and though it was still heavily overcast and damp, it had stopped raining and we were pretty sure it wouldn't rain while we were out. 

Just as we were leaving, the sun broke out for a few minutes.  It wasn't clear and beautiful but close enough, LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version