Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 399043 times)

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2520 on: April 21, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »
I hear my husband when he is not here sometimes. It's kind of creepy. A couple of times I have actually answered before I realised he wasn't home

KB

« Reply #2521 on: April 21, 2014, 07:16:55 AM »
I work in a hundred-and-fifty year old mansion and all day I've been hearing a sound that is eerily like someone calling "Hello?" I think - I hope! - it was just a door creaking in the wind, but it scared the life out of me when I was opening up for the day, and was seriously giving me the heebie-jeebies by closing.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2522 on: April 21, 2014, 07:24:27 AM »
I work in a hundred-and-fifty year old mansion and all day I've been hearing a sound that is eerily like someone calling "Hello?" I think - I hope! - it was just a door creaking in the wind, but it scared the life out of me when I was opening up for the day, and was seriously giving me the heebie-jeebies by closing.

Well, on the plus side, Hello is friendly or at least neutral...you weren't being screamed at to get out.   ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

KB

« Reply #2523 on: April 21, 2014, 07:25:29 PM »

Well, on the plus side, Hello is friendly or at least neutral...you weren't being screamed at to get out.   ;)

Very true. I hadn't thought of it like that. It still gave me quite a turn when I first heard it in what was meant to be a complete empty house though.

I'm now trying to imagine how I shall react if I hear something more negative. I suspect I'm silly enough to go looking for the source of it...  :o

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2524 on: June 10, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »
I believe I've talked about how the late music director at my church is around the church and does "pranky" stuff to get noticed. Well, it's starting to get...worse. The current music director was practicing for service on Saturday, and after he was done, he walked down from the organ loft to go back to his office. He was almost to the door when he heard a loud "Clang! Crash!" behind him. He turned around, and one of the handbells had hit the wall and dropped to the ground. The handbells were all the way up in the organ loft, and the only way a handbell could have hit the wall is if it was thrown. The trouble is, no one was there but Current Music Director.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2525 on: June 10, 2014, 01:27:34 PM »
I believe I've talked about how the late music director at my church is around the church and does "pranky" stuff to get noticed. Well, it's starting to get...worse. The current music director was practicing for service on Saturday, and after he was done, he walked down from the organ loft to go back to his office. He was almost to the door when he heard a loud "Clang! Crash!" behind him. He turned around, and one of the handbells had hit the wall and dropped to the ground. The handbells were all the way up in the organ loft, and the only way a handbell could have hit the wall is if it was thrown. The trouble is, no one was there but Current Music Director.
Do you think the old MD didn't care for the performance?

Everyone's a critic.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

violinp

« Reply #2526 on: June 10, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
Do you think the old MD didn't care for the performance?

Everyone's a critic.

I think he doesn't care for Current Music Director in general, but that's a whole other story. Old Music Director was the kind of person who banged down on the piano when he was ticked at us for not doing something the right way, so I'm not surprised he's going to these measures to be noticed in death.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Kaymyth

« Reply #2527 on: June 10, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »

Heh, that sounds like the ghost in the conservatory at a college I used to attend.  She once picked up and threw a pipe from the organ past a girl who'd just cursed up a storm on the stage.  That began the great tradition of immediately following any bad words with, "Sorry, Opal!" when in the building.

o_gal

« Reply #2528 on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:33 AM »

As a handbell ringer, I cringe. Poor handbell! Hope it was something small, like a 5 or 6 instead of a lower 3. A smaller bell might survive the crash a little better.

Although, your bell choir can now joke about the bell performing an actual "Wall Mart"  ;)

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #2529 on: June 11, 2014, 07:54:25 AM »

As a handbell ringer, I cringe. Poor handbell! Hope it was something small, like a 5 or 6 instead of a lower 3. A smaller bell might survive the crash a little better.

Although, your bell choir can now joke about the bell performing an actual "Wall Mart"  ;)

Most of the bells at violinp's and my church are small ones. I think C3 is our biggest bell.

Vita brevis, ars longa

violinp

« Reply #2530 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »

Most of the bells at violinp's and my church are small ones. I think C3 is our biggest bell.

I didn't check which one it was, but it was definitely one of the smaller bells. It was mostly okay, though.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2531 on: June 11, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
I've never thought of myself as particularly sensitive, but since we've moved into this house I keep almost seeing a white cat out of the corner of my eye.  I've seen it standing in the hallway outside my office door.  I have three cats but none of them are even close to white, and they don't seem to be bothered by anything.  The feeling has been sharp enough that I've actually looked in that direction and seen nothing.  I don't know anything about the history of this house, except that the previous owners trashed the place after the house was repossessed by the bank, and because it seems to be different from most of the houses on this block and some of the design features it has I suspect it might be the oldest house on the block.  I know it was built in the early 1960s.

So where does the white cat come in? 

Dawse

« Reply #2532 on: June 11, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »
I've never thought of myself as particularly sensitive, but since we've moved into this house I keep almost seeing a white cat out of the corner of my eye.  I've seen it standing in the hallway outside my office door.  I have three cats but none of them are even close to white, and they don't seem to be bothered by anything.  The feeling has been sharp enough that I've actually looked in that direction and seen nothing.  I don't know anything about the history of this house, except that the previous owners trashed the place after the house was repossessed by the bank, and because it seems to be different from most of the houses on this block and some of the design features it has I suspect it might be the oldest house on the block.  I know it was built in the early 1960s.

So where does the white cat come in?

I think we have an extra cat too. Our house isn't all that old, but it's on a dead end, quiet residential street, so it's ideal for cats - they average about one every other house. There was a cat flap here when we moved in, which was already there when the land lady bought it, and quite often I'll catch cat-shaped movement out of the corner of my eye that most definitely isn't my own cat. He doesn't seem bothered about sharing his cat flap with a ghost kitty, though.
'I reject your reality and substitute my own!'

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2533 on: June 11, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »
Sirius it's funny you should bring that up...intermittently throughout my life I've been seeing a black dog...he looks like a Flat-Coated Retriever. (Imagine a taller, more slender Golden retriever, but black).  I started seeing him about 15 years ago and sometimes i don't see him for a long time, but I've been seeing him again at work of all places.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Reika

« Reply #2534 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
This Saturday I'm taking mom to one of the St. Augustine ghost tours for her birthday, I'm hoping I'll have a story to tell when I get back. :)