Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 381842 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2535 on: June 11, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
This Saturday I'm taking mom to one of the St. Augustine ghost tours for her birthday, I'm hoping I'll have a story to tell when I get back. :)

St Augustine?  As in, St Augustine light house?  I'm so envious!!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Reika

« Reply #2536 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:08 PM »
This Saturday I'm taking mom to one of the St. Augustine ghost tours for her birthday, I'm hoping I'll have a story to tell when I get back. :)

This tour isn't the lighthouse (but there is one for that). No, this tour is of some of the taverns and pubs considered the most haunted. :D

Might do the Lighthouse in the future though.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #2537 on: June 12, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »

This tour isn't the lighthouse (but there is one for that). No, this tour is of some of the taverns and pubs considered the most haunted. :D

I've done that tour! You should have a blast.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
« Reply #2538 on: June 12, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »

I can't wait til you come back to tell us all about it!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

knitwicca

« Reply #2539 on: June 13, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
I am trying to catch up but wanted to share a few things of my own.  (BG: I am half Scottish [Campbell clan] and half Cherokee [White Wolf clan])

*My paternal grandmother was a "kitchen witch". She could grow anything. Her fruit trees always bore even during the driest of summers. Her vegetable garden always produced through Thanksgiving.  She could create a gourmet meal for an army when there was only half a loaf of bread, a single egg and a bit of spinach available.
She also "knew" things. Grandma always knew when someone was going to become ill or injured. She would begin to put together whatever was necessary to nurse that person before the first symptom.  She also had feelings about whether people were trustworthy, kind, mean-spirited, etc. 
My mother (vehement non-believer) claimed that I was "a good judge of character" because I have an instant like or dislike to everyone I meet. Some people simply feel kinder, more honest for no apparent reason.  I am also the person that strangers will seek out to tell their life stories and inner most thoughts to.

*When I was in 3rd grade, we rented a house outside of Oklahoma City. Every night for the entire year we lived there, I had the exact same "dream". I knew it was a true memory. Only my grandmother believed me.
I dreamt/remembered being completely in love with a man who rode a black horse with one white stocking and a streak of white in the mane.  This man loved me deeply.  I remember being on a stagecoach to go back to my family home, the man riding alongside, and crying over the knowledge we would never see one another again.  I would wake up with my face wet from tears every night.  When we moved away, I never had the same dream/memory but, at the age of 55, I am teary simply typing this out.

*I had a twin named Susannah.  Except no one but me knew she existed. My mother kept telling me I imagined her. But we would play together, brush each other's hair,  hold hands when we walked on the sidewalks.  I have very vivid memories of us wearing white dresses with blue gingham pinafores, white stockings and black maryjane shoes.  I had not mentioned her since I was about 5 years old. 
When I was 40, I went to a town known for the psychic residents.  I arranged to have a reading. The very first words the psychic spoke were "Susannah is watching over you. She is always with you."  At that moment, I smelled roses.  It seems that Susannah and I were last twins during the late 1800s.

*My parents bought a small farm (again in Oklahoma) when I was in junior high.  I lived with them in it until I graduated high school. These were the days of cassette recorders. I had one that I would use to record myself playing guitar so that I could practice specific passages.  Nearly every cassette tape I recorded when I lived in that house contained a woman's voice calling my name. It sounded as if my mom was calling out for me to join her in the kitchen.  Except none of these were recorded when she was home.  My younger brother and I often saw "tracers" ---those strange rushing-past beings that you can only see from the corner of your eye.  (lots of stories about this house, doors that would not stay closed, snakes that would appear in the bedroom closet, smells that some people could smell and others could not when they were all sitting at the same dining table)

*I had a friend who was my best friend from the time I was in 8th grade until she died suddenly when we were 45 years old.  I got the call from her son the day she died but I already knew. I woke up that morning with the absolute knowledge that she had left this world.  My then-husband helped me hurriedly pack and we began the journey of 750 miles to my friend's home and family.  We had been driving for about 2 hours when my cell phone rang. I looked at the caller ID which showed "unknown".  I answered anyway and heard nothing but static. I repeatedly said "hello" to static although I was certain someone was listening. Finally I said "this is knitwicca" to which I heard BFF's voice say "it IS?" then heard her very distinctive laugh.  Then-H could hear the laugh as well which freaked him out.

*DD is also a "green witch".  Any plant that is put into her care will immediately cheer up. If it is a flowering or fruiting plant, you can count on it producing more than it ever had before. She does not treat them with any special fertilizer or unusual care. They just seem to know.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2540 on: June 13, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »

I'm jealous, too. I used to live near SA and visited the lighthouse and light-keeper's house often. Gorgeous, and haunted!  :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2541 on: June 13, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »
My mother (vehement non-believer) claimed that I was "a good judge of character" because I have an instant like or dislike to everyone I meet. Some people simply feel kinder, more honest for no apparent reason.  I am also the person that strangers will seek out to tell their life stories and inner most thoughts to.

I have the former gift, too, and to a lesser extent, the latter.  I call it my BS detector.  I can usually tell within moments of meeting someone whether or not they are worth my time.  The only time I've gotten into trouble is when I've allowed further interaction to override my first impression.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2542 on: June 13, 2014, 06:45:16 PM »
My mom told me a very strange story the other day.  Apparently my grandmother, who is an RN, used to know that she would be needed at the site of an accident or crash.  She would suddenly tell my grandfather to pull over while driving, and drop her off in the middle of nowhere, saying, "You go on to the next rest area and come back for me in a couple of hours".  They would come back a couple hours later and find a huge crash or accident, with my grandmother having treated everyone and ready for the ambulance or police to take over.  I asked my grandfather about it and he confirmed that it used to happen at least once on every road trip they took and sometimes three or four times per trip. 

Reika

« Reply #2543 on: June 15, 2014, 01:02:39 AM »
Sadly the haunted pub crawl was more booze than ghosts, so we left just after the first pub. However, they're going to comp our tickets so we can use them on one of their other tours that's more focused on the paranormal.

I'm fairly certain that the live music scared any type of ghostly activity away, I know that it gave me a headache, so it probably disrupted far more delicate energies.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
« Reply #2544 on: June 15, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
I saw the shadow dog last night in the back yard.  I thought it was a shadow of one of my own dogs at first (we were having a fire in the fire pit with some friends over) but then I realised both my dogs were inside.  This is the first time I've seen him so close to home.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Kaymyth

« Reply #2545 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:19 PM »
I am trying to catch up but wanted to share a few things of my own.  (BG: I am half Scottish [Campbell clan] and half Cherokee [White Wolf clan])

*My paternal grandmother was a "kitchen witch". She could grow anything. Her fruit trees always bore even during the driest of summers. Her vegetable garden always produced through Thanksgiving.  She could create a gourmet meal for an army when there was only half a loaf of bread, a single egg and a bit of spinach available.
She also "knew" things. Grandma always knew when someone was going to become ill or injured. She would begin to put together whatever was necessary to nurse that person before the first symptom.  She also had feelings about whether people were trustworthy, kind, mean-spirited, etc. 

*When I was in 3rd grade, we rented a house outside of Oklahoma City. Every night for the entire year we lived there, I had the exact same "dream". I knew it was a true memory. Only my grandmother believed me.
I dreamt/remembered being completely in love with a man who rode a black horse with one white stocking and a streak of white in the mane.  This man loved me deeply.  I remember being on a stagecoach to go back to my family home, the man riding alongside, and crying over the knowledge we would never see one another again.  I would wake up with my face wet from tears every night.  When we moved away, I never had the same dream/memory but, at the age of 55, I am teary simply typing this out.

*I had a twin named Susannah.  Except no one but me knew she existed. My mother kept telling me I imagined her. But we would play together, brush each other's hair,  hold hands when we walked on the sidewalks.  I have very vivid memories of us wearing white dresses with blue gingham pinafores, white stockings and black maryjane shoes.  I had not mentioned her since I was about 5 years old. 
When I was 40, I went to a town known for the psychic residents.  I arranged to have a reading. The very first words the psychic spoke were "Susannah is watching over you. She is always with you."  At that moment, I smelled roses.  It seems that Susannah and I were last twins during the late 1800s.

*My parents bought a small farm (again in Oklahoma) when I was in junior high.  I lived with them in it until I graduated high school. These were the days of cassette recorders. I had one that I would use to record myself playing guitar so that I could practice specific passages.  Nearly every cassette tape I recorded when I lived in that house contained a woman's voice calling my name. It sounded as if my mom was calling out for me to join her in the kitchen.  Except none of these were recorded when she was home.  My younger brother and I often saw "tracers" ---those strange rushing-past beings that you can only see from the corner of your eye.  (lots of stories about this house, doors that would not stay closed, snakes that would appear in the bedroom closet, smells that some people could smell and others could not when they were all sitting at the same dining table)

*I had a friend who was my best friend from the time I was in 8th grade until she died suddenly when we were 45 years old.  I got the call from her son the day she died but I already knew. I woke up that morning with the absolute knowledge that she had left this world.  My then-husband helped me hurriedly pack and we began the journey of 750 miles to my friend's home and family.  We had been driving for about 2 hours when my cell phone rang. I looked at the caller ID which showed "unknown".  I answered anyway and heard nothing but static. I repeatedly said "hello" to static although I was certain someone was listening. Finally I said "this is knitwicca" to which I heard BFF's voice say "it IS?" then heard her very distinctive laugh.  Then-H could hear the laugh as well which freaked him out.

*DD is also a "green witch".  Any plant that is put into her care will immediately cheer up. If it is a flowering or fruiting plant, you can count on it producing more than it ever had before. She does not treat them with any special fertilizer or unusual care. They just seem to know.

Empaths.  It's a gift that often runs in families, and commonly has other abilities appear with it.  A lot of Empaths are strong energy-workers; it's quite possible that your grandmother and daughter were/are able to redirect energy to the plants to make them stronger.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2546 on: June 16, 2014, 12:37:46 AM »
Sadly the haunted pub crawl was more booze than ghosts, so we left just after the first pub. However, they're going to comp our tickets so we can use them on one of their other tours that's more focused on the paranormal.

One of the tours out there (which an ex and I followed, but did not pay for) basically consisted of "And they say an old lady died in this very house. She's often seen in the window sewing -- look, there she is! Oh my deity!" It gave me flashbacks to a trick my travel tour bosses used with Alaska tourists ("Oh look, there's a moose in the woods!....Darn, it ran off") 

Reika

« Reply #2547 on: June 16, 2014, 06:40:52 AM »

One of the tours out there (which an ex and I followed, but did not pay for) basically consisted of "And they say an old lady died in this very house. She's often seen in the window sewing -- look, there she is! Oh my deity!" It gave me flashbacks to a trick my travel tour bosses used with Alaska tourists ("Oh look, there's a moose in the woods!....Darn, it ran off")

Actually the guide didn't do anything like that. He gave us a brief history of each place and suggestions of where to look for activity, but didn't pull any of that garbage. It was just spending almost 40 minutes at a bar full of loud, painful live music just killed it for us.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2548 on: June 16, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »

Actually the guide didn't do anything like that. He gave us a brief history of each place and suggestions of where to look for activity, but didn't pull any of that garbage. It was just spending almost 40 minutes at a bar full of loud, painful live music just killed it for us.

Mill Top Tavern, by any chance ?

Reika

« Reply #2549 on: June 16, 2014, 06:40:07 PM »

Mill Top Tavern, by any chance ?

Wow, you're good. :)