Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 403567 times)

Arila

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2550 on: July 07, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
I thought this was a good one...a modern ghost story.
http://m.tickld.com/x/this-guys-facebook-inbox-has-everybody-terrified

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2551 on: July 07, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Reika

« Reply #2552 on: July 08, 2014, 12:09:09 AM »
This probably sounds awful of me, but I wonder if he isn't subconsciously doing it to himself? Grief can do terrible things to a person's mind, especially if they can't get sleep.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2553 on: July 08, 2014, 12:56:51 AM »
I'm guessing a stalker/hacker who knows him. People do incredibly sick things sometimes, especially if they are the kind of person who thinks this stuff is funny.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2554 on: July 08, 2014, 07:27:17 AM »

I don't know.  I've had a lot a weird in my life.  A few years ago I received a voicemail from a guy I knew way back when. In my mind there are no if, ands, or buts, it was definitely his voice on the message. It should be noted here that I didn't know he had died (sadly, I deleted the message).  I hadn't seen or heard from this guy in probably a decade.  I had moved several times, gotten married, had umpteen different cell phone numbers.  The likelihood of it being a prank are slim.

The message said something along the lines of...Dazi, hi, it's _____.  I know you haven't heard from me in ages, but I hoping to come visit soon. You were so right.  It's freaking amazing here.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

judecat

« Reply #2555 on: July 08, 2014, 07:36:47 AM »

That story comes from a reddit subforum called "no sleep" where people post believable fiction,  and part of the rules is that all readers must act as if it were true and treat it as such in the comments. "Everything is true, even if it's not" This one must be very successful at being believable because it's beening passed around on several ghost and hauntings forums.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/29kd1x/my_dead_girlfriend_keeps_messaging_me_on_facebook/

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #2556 on: July 08, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »

That story comes from a reddit subforum called "no sleep" where people post believable fiction,  and part of the rules is that all readers must act as if it were true and treat it as such in the comments. "Everything is true, even if it's not" This one must be very successful at being believable because it's beening passed around on several ghost and hauntings forums.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/29kd1x/my_dead_girlfriend_keeps_messaging_me_on_facebook/

Yeah it's fiction.  Just an example of good storytelling, something that you'd tell the kids around the campfire at summer camp.

But a year or so after my best friend passed away I was looking at my Facebook page and for some weird reason all the posts that I had previously deleted showed up.  (I like to delete statuses, etc. frequently and keep my page uncluttered.)  I'll admit I was a little freaked out and went through them all and deleted everything again, until I got to the last (first?) one - it was something my friend had posted, telling me to "never change" or something like that.  I e-mailed a mutual friend and said "I think <friend> is messin' with me from beyond the grave."  ;D

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
« Reply #2557 on: July 08, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »

It's really great storytelling.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Reika

« Reply #2558 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »

Definitely, I was totally suckered that the guy thought it was actually happening. :)

It's really great storytelling.

Bandu

« Reply #2559 on: July 08, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »
I went to work for a few hours on July 4. After awhile, I went outside to smoke, leaving my keys in the front door lock. I'm sitting on a step, 10 feet away is the front door, 10 feet past the door is my parked and locked car. It's broad daylight, and very quiet outside.

After a bit, I hear the kerthunk of the car unlocking itself. The keys hadn't moved, there was no breeze.

The night crew believe a former staffer haunts our building. Maybe so, but sorry dude, you can't have my car!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
« Reply #2560 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »
A local paranormal investigation society is interested in doing an investigation of my home.  I'm thinking of letting them.  I wonder, if they find anything will it weird me out?  LOL.  If I can find someplace to take all the critters when the paranormal folks want to investigate, I think I'll go for it.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2561 on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:44 AM »
A local paranormal investigation society is interested in doing an investigation of my home.  I'm thinking of letting them.  I wonder, if they find anything will it weird me out?  LOL.  If I can find someplace to take all the critters when the paranormal folks want to investigate, I think I'll go for it.

I'm a little jealous  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2562 on: July 09, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »

*This* story if fake, but like PP's, I have a similar story as theirs.

In my culture, we go the the cemetery on a certain day of the year to make blessings. My family visits the graves of my grandparents and father.  One year, my sister and I didn't go due to work. Several days later, the phone rang and the Caller ID shows the middle name of my father. His middle name is very unusual (it's not American) and it only showed that one name (Caller ID usually shows the full name of people.) I answered thinking it may be a relative with the same name and it turned out to be some organization from out of state. They said *I" called them and they were returning my call. Nobody in my house did that (we know nobody or organizations from that of state).

We figure it may or may not be my dad contacting us to let us know he missed us during the family visit. Just in case, we went the next weekend.

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #2563 on: July 09, 2014, 11:15:03 AM »
Read a story this morning that might be appropriate here:

http://whotv.com/2014/07/08/tenant-sees-home-on-tv-learns-serial-murderer-killed-women-there/

A woman rented a home in St. Louis.  Seems like a nice enough place.  She was watching a cold case program on A&E and sees crime scene footage of the very house in which she is living.  And the landlord is the mass murderer's mother!  In fact, the land lord threw in some furniture!  And the basement had been the mass murderer's torture chamber.  Ick!  The Saint Louis Housing Authority has stepped in and helped her break her lease.

At the tale end of the link, the story mentions that a small child relation had been playing in the basement (former torture chamber) and mentioned that someone was really scared.  The area she was playing in was used to chain up victims before they were killed.  I've got the chills now. 

Edited because I used caps and know better.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:06:04 PM by Morty'sCleaningLady »
Formerly Mrs.Bart

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #2564 on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
That is gross and creepy.   :o

I had to chuckle a little about the renter saying she was never informed about the house's history as she'd have "remembered the people murdered in the basement part."