A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"

<< < (517/533) > >>

jayhawk:
Dorada, welcome!! Please (please!) share more of your experiences. I know I'm not the only one pwho would be interested!

Hurricane Marathon:
Not a "ghost story" but I don't know where else to put this.  My husband and I were away for a few days and got home late last night.  Our dog was still at the boarding place, we'd pick her up in the morning.  She usually sleeps at my feet on the bed. 

Me: "It feels weird not having Madison home." 
Husband: "Madison, huh?"  <-- Madison was my beagle who passed away in 2008, our current dog's name is not even close to that.
Me: "....? Did I say Madison?"
Husband: "Yep."
Me: "Oh. Now I'm sad."

TeamBhakta:
^I know how you feel. One of my outdoor strays disappeared permanently and I still automatically include her name in "Fluffy, Snowball, Buddy, come get your dinner" if I don't catch myself  :-\

cabbagegirl28:
I was in church a couple weeks ago, and the children's sermon was about Jesus walking on water. For those who don't know, when the disciples first see Jesus, they think he's a ghost.

Keep in mind that violinp, several others in my church, and I have...experienced the presence of our former music director in church.

One little kid stoutly said, "But there's no such thing as ghosts!", as if anyone could possibly believe differently.

At that moment, I, being far from any AC vents or other possibility of cool air, got smacked with a rush of ice cold air on my back. I had to laugh that our music director was once again making himself known.

I already knew he was in there, though, because the sanctuary felt "weird". That's the way I describe a room when I feel a presence or several presences, but it just means that I get the sense that I'm not in a simple existence. So I whispered, "Director, if you're here, move the right banner." Butter me up and call me a biscuit if he didn't shake the bottom of that banner.

In news about the ghosts in violinp's and my house, one of them tried to shove me down the stairs about a month ago. I know I'm clumsy, but my mom was off somewhere else, and my dad and sister were downstairs. There was no one and nothing that I could have felt putting its hands on my back and pushing me.

gmatoy:

--- Quote from: cabbagegirl28 on August 19, 2014, 08:16:00 AM ---
  In news about the ghosts in violinp's and my house, one of them tried to shove me down the stairs about a month ago. I know I'm clumsy, but my mom was off somewhere else, and my dad and sister were downstairs. There was no one and nothing that I could have felt putting its hands on my back and pushing me.

--- End quote ---

Okay, if they start doing that, I'm getting someone in to get it out! Too scary and what if someone is really hurt? Nope, time to see the light and go!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version