News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 12:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 881297 times)

Twik

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2910 on: April 03, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
Sometimes I dream in French and understand perfectly. Sadly and weirdly, the understanding flies out of my head when I wake up.

I don't know French beyond the common stuff you often hear on TV (bonjour, merci, etc.). Never even took a class in school. I think I only watched one or two French films in my life.

Really makes you wonder.

Of course, since things fly out of our heads so much when we wake, the question is do you *really* dream in French, or is it "dream French"?

I sometimes dream of such beautiful music, but the tune is gone minutes after I wake up. I wonder if it's really as beautiful, as I felt it was, or am I dreaming the *sensation* of hearing beautiful music?
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2911 on: April 03, 2018, 05:16:44 PM »
Personally - I think that "dream feeling" explains more than knowing a language you've rarely (or even never) heard (I don't recall ever hearing anyone speak Icelandic, even on YouTube, until years after the dream about being a bard extemporizing a long speech in poetic form).  I could be wrong and I was "remembering" a prior life - but that feels like the less likely hypothesis instead the more likely one...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?