Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 403331 times)

Stormtreader

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2355 on: August 02, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
Do you have something youve bought and taken with you each time youve moved maybe?
Sounds like theyre just having a bit of fun with you though since they give it back when you ask :)

Cherry91

« Reply #2356 on: August 02, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Do you have something youve bought and taken with you each time youve moved maybe?
Sounds like theyre just having a bit of fun with you though since they give it back when you ask :)

Probably have a lot of things that I've taken from house to house, although as far as I know there's nothing particularly antique that could have a "history".

I always make sure to say thank you when something returns.  :)

Jocelyn

« Reply #2357 on: August 02, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
This is not a ghost, this is the Little People.
If you tell them firmly that you need something back, and ask them to return it they will...but rarely to the location it was in.
And they will simultaneously take something else. If you're lucky, it will be something you don't need right away, and you will find it on your own later, or never realize it's missing.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2358 on: August 07, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
So I made my bed today, and, like always, I smoothed out and fluffed up the down comforter.  Looked like a freshly made bed.

Later, I went upstairs and saw that the bed had what looked like a butt indentation where someone had sat on it.  I asked my daughter if she sat on my bed, and she said she didn't.  Well, *I* didn't sit on it, and the cats were outside.

This is what it looked like.  And this is not the first time this has happened!  The first time, I dismissed it.  This time I can't.

Can ghosts leave butt prints?

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #2359 on: August 07, 2013, 05:58:20 PM »
snip

Yes. Have you noticed anything else weird lately?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2360 on: August 07, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »
snip

Are you sure the mattress isn't starting to sag?  It kind of looks like it might be a slight body divot imprint from where someone sleeps in the same position a lot.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2361 on: August 07, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »
snip

Are you sure the mattress isn't starting to sag?  It kind of looks like it might be a slight body divot imprint from where someone sleeps in the same position a lot.

No, the mattress is solid and in very good condition.

I thought it must have been my daughter, but she swears up and down she wasn't even IN my bedroom today. 

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2362 on: August 07, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
snip

Not lately, but so many weird things have happened over the years, I don't pay much attention to them anymore.  This was kind of hard to ignore, though.  :)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #2363 on: August 07, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »
So I made my bed today, and, like always, I smoothed out and fluffed up the down comforter.  Looked like a freshly made bed.

[snip]

Totally, and I have a story about that.

My dad always goes to bed before my mom, but she'll usually go to bed within 30 minutes of him. So, when he heard someone enter the room and felt the bed go down, like someone was lying on the other side of the bed. Dad turned over to pat Mom and tell her good night...only there was no one there. There was a big indentation, but Mom didn't come up to bed until 30 minutes later.  :o 
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Jocelyn

« Reply #2364 on: August 07, 2013, 10:38:45 PM »

My dad always goes to bed before my mom, but she'll usually go to bed within 30 minutes of him. So, when he heard someone enter the room and felt the bed go down, like someone was lying on the other side of the bed. Dad turned over to pat Mom and tell her good night...only there was no one there. There was a big indentation, but Mom didn't come up to bed until 30 minutes later. 
If I were your dad, your mom would have come upstairs PDQ...as would have anyone else in the house, the next-door neighbors, the police, the fire department, several ambulances and anyone else within earshot.  ::)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
Re: .
« Reply #2365 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »

My dad always goes to bed before my mom, but she'll usually go to bed within 30 minutes of him. So, when he heard someone enter the room and felt the bed go down, like someone was lying on the other side of the bed. Dad turned over to pat Mom and tell her good night...only there was no one there. There was a big indentation, but Mom didn't come up to bed until 30 minutes later. 
If I were your dad, your mom would have come upstairs PDQ...as would have anyone else in the house, the next-door neighbors, the police, the fire department, several ambulances and anyone else within earshot.  ::)

Dad told me that at the time he was too scared to move, scream, or anything else, which I don't blame him for, as it's the first time something like that happened.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
Re: .
« Reply #2366 on: August 08, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »

Dad told me that at the time he was too scared to move, scream, or anything else, which I don't blame him for, as it's the first time something like that happened.

That's how I felt when I saw my whatever-it-was in my bedroom. DH was actually right there and I could easily have said "DH, wake up and look at this," but I was too busy thinking "CRUD MONKEYS! CRUD MONKEYS! CRUD MONKEYS! CRUD MONKEYS!."

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2367 on: August 08, 2013, 02:31:22 AM »

That's how I felt when I saw my whatever-it-was in my bedroom. DH was actually right there and I could easily have said "DH, wake up and look at this," but I was too busy thinking "CRUD MONKEYS! CRUD MONKEYS! CRUD MONKEYS! CRUD MONKEYS!."

LOL! I'd almost swear you were Dad. He woke up once and our resident neighbourhood ghost was standing on the other side of the bed, bending over and staring into Mother's face. That was about his reaction. I think a giant spider would have been more welcome!

The most I've ever had in that regard was having the bed jiggle as if the cats have jumped up on it when they haven't. It amuses me that the ghost cat is apparently just as heavy as my 20+ lb kitty.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #2368 on: August 08, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
A few interesting things have happened over the years.

My father and I both seem to be magnets for the strange. Both of us will often inexplicably have drops of water fall on us inside the house. Just sitting around, minding our own business and suddenly... Dribble.

I grew up in a rather old Victorian house. I remember being 4 or so, up at the crack of dawn, and seeing a grey lady walk up the stairs. Every morning. It never really occurred to me that it was strange.

We moved when I was 9. And I developed an absolute utter irrational fear of the basement. To this day, when I visit, there needs to be someone there with me.

The incident that I'll never forget happened when I was 11. I was up in my room doing homework when my brother's radio-controlled car zipped by. And kept zipping by. I was annoyed, and stomped into his room to read him the riot act. Lo and behold, his controller was on the bed, batteries out. The car zipped over and bashed my foot, so I scooped it up and took it downstairs to show my dad. Brother was with him, getting new batteries. I held up the car to show Dad, and as I did it powered on and kind of *jumped* out of my hands. Simultaneously, the lights all went out, and all of the radios and TVs turned on. My brother and I took turns camping out in each other's rooms for a week.

Interestingly enough, this stuff never happens when Mum is around.
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2369 on: August 08, 2013, 10:11:21 AM »
This is not a ghost, this is the Little People.
If you tell them firmly that you need something back, and ask them to return it they will...but rarely to the location it was in.
And they will simultaneously take something else. If you're lucky, it will be something you don't need right away, and you will find it on your own later, or never realize it's missing.

Little People?  And what's the difference between them and ghosts?  I've never heard the term before so I'm curious.