Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 389939 times)

Cherry91

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2385 on: September 19, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »
This is an interesting twist on "we might have a ghost in our house"

http://www.newser.com/story/174452/students-find-guy-secretly-living-in-their-basement.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=inbox&utm_campaign=newser

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/17/osu-students-discover-some-random-guy-squatting-behind-locked-door-in-basement/

There was a similar occurence in Japan a few years back I think. A man noticed that things is his house were being moved or disappearing altogether, so he set up a set of hidden cameras to find out what was going on. He discovered that a woman was living in the crawl spaces of his house! To make matters worse, the crawlspace that she was last seen entering on the tape was mere feet from where the man was sitting!

It's no 6 on here (WARNING! NOT for anyone who gets spooked easily)

http://www.cracked.com/article_19503_7-creepy-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true-part-521.html

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2386 on: September 19, 2013, 03:45:44 PM »
Something ghostly that turned out to be fine - But holy spit did it scare me!!!

I was sitting at the computer, and felt something hit me. I turned around and saw out of the corner of my eye what appeared to be a softball that had hit me in the shoulder and dropped behind me. Much like it was flung by a dog or something/someone that wanted to play.

Slight problem. I don't own a softball. Or a dog. Or a roommate. ??? ??? ??? Cue me shrieking madly and spinning around like I'm going to be murdered. Aaaand scaring the cat half to death, because she had just jumped up behind me. Turns out the ball was a rolled up sock that had been on the floor. She must have caught a claw in it as she jumped and then tried to get rid of it and flung it at me.

Now that my heart has been jumpstarted adequately, I think I should do laundry. :-[
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2387 on: September 19, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »
Something ghostly that turned out to be fine - But holy spit did it scare me!!!

I was sitting at the computer, and felt something hit me. I turned around and saw out of the corner of my eye what appeared to be a softball that had hit me in the shoulder and dropped behind me. Much like it was flung by a dog or something/someone that wanted to play.

Slight problem. I don't own a softball. Or a dog. Or a roommate. ??? ??? ??? Cue me shrieking madly and spinning around like I'm going to be murdered. Aaaand scaring the cat half to death, because she had just jumped up behind me. Turns out the ball was a rolled up sock that had been on the floor. She must have caught a claw in it as she jumped and then tried to get rid of it and flung it at me.

Now that my heart has been jumpstarted adequately, I think I should do laundry. :-[

My youngest cat does that all the time. She was raised with a dog before I adopted her, so she thinks its totally normally to go "HERE, MOMMY, CATCH *THACK* OKAY, NOW THROW IT BACK! I'LL BE OVER HERE ACROSS THE ROOM *WHINES LIKE A DOG*"

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #2388 on: September 21, 2013, 01:20:42 AM »
This is not a ghost, this is the Little People.
If you tell them firmly that you need something back, and ask them to return it they will...but rarely to the location it was in.
And they will simultaneously take something else. If you're lucky, it will be something you don't need right away, and you will find it on your own later, or never realize it's missing.

Little People?  And what's the difference between them and ghosts?  I've never heard the term before so I'm curious.
The Little People are sometimes known as leprechauns, fairies, or pixies. They are non-humans, but alive, rather than spirits of the departed. They are mischievous, and from their point of view, they're only playing a little joke. When you speak to them seriously and firmly, though, they realize that you aren't amused, and they'll give the item back. Ever had a time when you found something you'd lost, in a completely illogical place, or in a place you'd already searched? It's the Little People. I'm sure they get no end of amusement, putting your car keys in the freezer, or back into your jacket pocket after you've checked for them there. :)

Maybe this is why last month, when I couldn't find my cell phone anywhere, it turned up in the pocket of a pair of pants I hadn't worn for at least a week. Next time I'll just ask for it back.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2389 on: September 22, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
I just had a most strange encounter.  Keep in mind, I'm used to spirits following me and I'm used to getting feelings or impressions...

I was out for my morning walk...I always walk counter clockwise from my house.  I just resumed the outdoor walks because they weather is finally cooling off a bit.  My headphones were in, but only turned up just loud enough to hear the prompts of C25K and a bit of background music.  There is a house around the second turn/inside corner that gives me the hinkies.  Most often, I cross the street before I ever get in front of it because the sprinklers are on around 8am, but today I didn't cross until I got in front of the garage. 

My first lap around the block, I felt like I was being watched as I approached the hinky house.  That spine tinkling, weird feeling that someone was watching or following me, but no one was there that I could see.  It continued until I got back to my side of the circle. My second lap, I started to cross before I get to the hinky house and just as I do a male voice comes over my headphones VERY loudly and tells me to "RUN! Get as far away from here as you can! Run now! Don't come back here!" I looked up and noticed the garage door was open. There was a very dark man standing there watching me, I could only see the whites of his eyes and a little bit of his outline because I had just been facing the sun prior to making the turn.

The warning did not come from my usual spirit and I have a sneaking suspicion that the one who gave me the warning was killed by that man (not that it's anything I can prove, but it's what I think). 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2390 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
I'm getting a hinky feeling just reading your description. :-\ I think your plan to cross the street and continue on the other side is a good one.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2391 on: September 22, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »
I'm getting a hinky feeling just reading your description. :-\ I think your plan to cross the street and continue on the other side is a good one.

I won't be walking that direction anymore, period.  I'll go to the park or the gym.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2392 on: September 22, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
 :o   Was the very dark man a living being, or another spirit, Dazi?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2393 on: September 22, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »

He was a man.  It was just very difficult to see him as my eyes were still a bit spotty from the sun.  There is a very large tree in front of the house that shades it, so all I saw was a dark complected man standing in the shadow of the garage.  If I hadn't got the warning I did, I probably wouldn't have noticed him at all.

Eeep!

« Reply #2394 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

He was a man.  It was just very difficult to see him as my eyes were still a bit spotty from the sun.  There is a very large tree in front of the house that shades it, so all I saw was a dark complected man standing in the shadow of the garage.  If I hadn't got the warning I did, I probably wouldn't have noticed him at all.

So did you run?
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Kaymyth

« Reply #2395 on: September 23, 2013, 12:13:46 AM »
My BIL & SIL have discovered that their newly-bought house appears to be haunted.  Nothing terribly ominous-sounding yet; footsteps at night, the sound of someone walking into their room (thinking it's one of the girls, but then finding that there's nobody there), sensing another presence in the room.  Nothing directly threatening, but they're understandably creeped out.  Now they know why the previous owners only lived there for 18 months.

DH & I talk to his mom every Sunday evening; I told her to keep me apprised, and if necessary, I'd have a chat with the "housemate" and, if it got threatening, I'd boot it out on its backside.  In the meantime, SIL (who seems to be having the most contact with it) should speak to it and do the usual acknowledge its presence, etc. 

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2396 on: September 23, 2013, 06:52:03 AM »

So did you run?

I didn't know I could move that fast.   ;)

I was doing the C25K app, but I was actually only walking/walking faster.  When I heard the first RUN! command from the spirit man's voice, I had a split second to think my prompt is a woman and she says something like "resume running now".   I know that one can hear things over electronic equipment, but I think it's only the second or third time it's happened to me.

It seems the spirit followed me home.  ::) He hasn't spoken to me since, but I can feel his presence and I know it's not Parker.

KB

« Reply #2397 on: September 23, 2013, 07:09:24 AM »
It seems the spirit followed me home.  ::) He hasn't spoken to me since, but I can feel his presence and I know it's not Parker.

Maybe he's making sure you aren't going to head back that way out of curiosity. Either that or perhaps you're the first person to respond to his orders and he's wondering what it is about you. Perhaps have one of the others chat to him.

cwm

« Reply #2398 on: September 23, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »
So I'm kind of wondering what my friend did to the plushe she bought me at a convention.

When I moved into my apartment, I'd frequently get the feeling that an old man was still there, and he wasn't happy that someone new was in his space. I tried talking to him nicely, but that didn't work. He seemed like the type of old man that was set in his ways and didn't want anything at all changing, no sir, no how. Okay, well, there are ways to work around this without aggrivating him. I made myself scarce. (Not hard, I spend most of the time at BF's house anyway.) He still got cantankerous when I was around. As far as I can tell, he never actually did anything, just scowled loudly. But I kept having weird dreams. Borderline nightmares. Not terrifying, but definitely unsettling, and I was losing sleep because of them.

Friend came over and tried to help out, but he was gone when she showed up. He never really showed up until after 9:30 or so anyway. So she couldn't actually do much to help except try to ward the place, but I didn't want to just kick this guy out. I mean, it was his place, or so it seemed.

She went away to a convention and I gave her some cash to get me something awesome. And since she came back and gave me my new Cthulhu plushie, I haven't had any more of the weird dreams. And guy seems to have either gotten used to my presence or stopped coming back. I can't feel that she did anything to the plush, and she does a vague handwave dismissal denying that she did anything to it when I ask about it, but that and a new button for my purse that collects buttons are the only difference in my apartment since then.

The sad thing is, I kind of miss him. I mean, I know he was cranky and kind of freaked me out a few times, but he didn't actually harm me at all, and I'd feel really bad if I ended up forcing him out of what he thought was his home.

Also, Dazi, that's terrifying. Seriously. I'm getting goosebumps and a skeevy feeling just thinking about it. Not cool at all, glad you got out of there. Hope the new spirit settles down wherever he's going to go soon.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2399 on: September 23, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »
cmw, if your friend is truly talented, she could have could have set the plushie up as a ward.  I can do it with objects or what I dub mojo pouches.

My DH told me to take my gun with me if I was that uncomfortable...I could, but I'd need to get some kind of a holster for it....a taser or mace would be easier to carry, I think.  I'll probably just stick to the gym from now on though.

So, Parker did have a chat with my newest buddy.  I'm kind of impressed he followed this guy from the Congo.  From what Parker would share, he and his family were killed a little  over 15 years ago during a war and he is haunting the crap out of the guy that is responsible.  My spirits are giving him lessons in better matter manipulation to really haunt this guy good.   ::)  I'd worry, but it seems like it is a reasonable response.

Parker left me with a word of caution, not to look up what happened, just take his word that it was really, really bad and I don't need the nightmares (I was hardly more than a teenager and don't recall the specifics other than there was a civil war there, I think).