Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 329794 times)

Olympia

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2415 on: September 24, 2013, 06:11:17 PM »
And if he does murder someone else? And if he is a war criminal?

Since there's no evidence that he is a war criminal, or if he's going to murder someone, I think she's fine not to make crank calls to the police.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2416 on: September 24, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »
And if he does murder someone else? And if he is a war criminal?

Since there's no evidence that he is a war criminal, or if he's going to murder someone, I think she's fine not to make crank calls to the police.

And even if he is a war criminal the chances of him murdering someone else now is pretty slim - as I am sure Dazi doesn't live in a war zone. So the "what if he hurts someone else" isn't really an issue.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2417 on: September 24, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Let me just say I have no intention of reporting this man unless he does something concrete here.  I don't want to be labeled as some crazy person by the police. 

Chances are nothing could be done here any way.

ETA
I should let y'all know I did speak to a police officer I once knew about a series of murder cases.  He thought I was having some sort of breakdown even though everything I told him turned out to be correct...and this was someone I was friendly with.  He never looked at me the same again and was worried what I might pick up from him.   

ETA again
Also, even though he may have killed, that does not necessary make him a war criminal.  He seems young, maybe late 20s or early 30s, so he would have most likely been a teenager at the time.  I can't label someone based on the say so of a ghost.  He wants to haunt him as payback and if that's good enough for him, then it's good enough for me. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:56:06 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #2418 on: September 24, 2013, 06:41:11 PM »
I had one of those "woo-hoo" occasions, too.  About 25 years ago I lived in California and had 2 mares.  My XH and I went for a trail ride.  My horse took off on me and I couldn't stop her.  I tried pulling one rein and it broke, so I pulled the other rein and it broke, too.  I knew I was coming off the horse (at over 40 mph), so I jumped free, tucked my head in, rolled, and hoped for the best.  The guy who saw this said he counted at least 20 somersaults.  My jaw was dislocated: I couldn't speak clearly or get my upper teeth anywhere near the lower jaw.  We were an hour from our car on a Sunday afternoon.

Back then I was being treated by a cranial osteopath for my TMJ.  I called his office when we finally got home, about 2 hours later.  I knew his office wasn't open on Sunday evenings, but I thought I would leave a message.  The doctor answered his office phone.  He said he was at his son's birthday party when he heard me scream and he knew I needed him.  He wrapped up at the b'day party and went into his office to wait for my call.  He realigned my jaw that night.

We didn't find out about the fractured skull until I had X-rays a week later.

I am an engineer and I believe there is a logical, scientific explanation for all "unexplained phenomenon."  String theory may explain this eventually.  I suspect the doctor and I were on the same frequency because he had worked on me (hands on my head) for an hour a week for at least a year.  That's the only explanation I have.

I still get chicken skin when I remember how surprised shocked stunned I was when he answered his office phone.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #2419 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:56 PM »
Let me just say I have no intention of reporting this man unless he does something concrete here.  I don't want to be labeled as some crazy person by the police. 

ETA
I should let y'all know I did speak to a police officer I once knew about a series of murder cases.  He thought I was having some sort of breakdown even though everything I told him turned out to be correct...and this was someone I was friendly with. He never looked at me the same again and was worried what I might pick up from him.   

ETA again
Also, even though he may have killed, that does not necessary make him a war criminal.  He seems young, maybe late 20s or early 30s, so he would have most likely been a teenager at the time.  I can't label someone based on the say so of a ghost.  He wants to haunt him as payback and if that's good enough for him, then it's good enough for me.

Re the bolded: Dad's often said the same thing about his second sight or whatever people want to call it. I try not to talk about seeing ghosts unless I know that the person believes in ghosts and won't be freaked out. I've actually started to sense ghosts and other spirits better as I've gotten older.

But the people I have told have really never looked at me the same. Granted, talking about a ghost rubbing your back quite calmly tends to bother people, but I'm not going to flip out about a being who has never once tried to harm me.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

zara1269

« Reply #2420 on: September 25, 2013, 06:21:37 AM »
So I just got a new job in another nursing home that is also pretty haunted. It was originally an old house of some sort and the maintenance man confirmed to me that in the old basement it used to have a morgue in it. He said that some agency made them dry wall over the entrance to the morgue and all the supplies were still inside. Bummer.

This basement is super haunted. I have to go to the basement to dispose of sharps and the other day I was down there and as usual I say hi to the spirits down there. When I was getting ready to leave by the water heater I felt those electronic cobwebs (if you've ever been touched you'll know what I'm talking about). I asked if anyone was touching me and the next thing I know the sleeve of my shirt life up on my arm like someone was suspending it in midair...all the while feeling this rush of electrical charge. I stay down there for a few minutes to make sure it wasn't a draft (it wasn't). Love it.

I just recently bought an P-SB7 spirit box which scans FM/AM radio frequencies at a super fast rate so that ghostly voices can communicate. I was pretty skeptical on this device until I used it on our last investigation to Prospect Place in Ohio. What convinced me was when this male voice kept saying, "leave" "go" etc and then when I went back in the room he called me a bad name that would not make it past the FCC radio censors so I know it had to be genuine.

I investigated my first residence this weekend at an apartment complex where many of my friends had ghostly encounters. Of course we were using the spirit box and we had received a string of expletives that once again would not make it past the FCC. We had holed ourselves up in her kid's room with the door shut when one of her kids opened the door and as soon as she did a male voice on the spirit box said, "shut the door". And then at some point I asked the $1,000,000 question, "Are you human". We heard what sounded like a really really high pitched voice say "human" but when we relistened to it it definitely said, "demon". We were only there for a few hours. Cannot wait to do an all night investigation there soon. The spirit box is an amazing piece of equipment but you have to use it responsibly.
Where I go I just don't know...I got to take it slow. When I find my peace of mind. I'm gonna give you some of my good time. ~RCHP

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2421 on: September 25, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »

ETA
I should let y'all know I did speak to a police officer I once knew about a series of murder cases.  He thought I was having some sort of breakdown even though everything I told him turned out to be correct...and this was someone I was friendly with.  He never looked at me the same again and was worried what I might pick up from him.   

ETA again

Since the only evidence you have is the word of a ghost- which you are choosing not to verify- for all you know this man killed in self-defense and the ghost is evil. Let's please not toss around words  like "war criminal" here.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #2422 on: September 26, 2013, 03:36:07 AM »

Since the only evidence you have is the word of a ghost- which you are choosing not to verify- for all you know this man killed in self-defense and the ghost is evil. Let's please not toss around words  like "war criminal" here.

I'd go even farther and point out she has no proof he's Congolese let alone any sort of killer.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2423 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
Something strange happened last night.  I was in bed but not asleep.  I suddenly feel weird and panicky and couldn't move.  Whenever I felt I could roll over to turn on the lamp, I couldn't even though I kept struggling to do so.  The feeling of panic and helplessness was awful.  My body and the air around me didn't feel right.  I kept thinking it was *someone* or *something* that's causing it, but I don't know; that may just be in my head.  I don't know how long it lasted. 

It gradually faded and I was normal again.  It's never happened to me before, and since it was the middle of the night, I got crazy ideas of aliens or something worse.  I'm positive I was awake, but I'm still trying to convince myself it was a vivid dream.  But I can't convince myself 100%.  There were too many details.  I always know when it's a dream and this wasn't it.  I just hope it never happens again.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:48:17 AM by rose red »

unnalee

« Reply #2424 on: October 01, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
Something strange happened last night.  I was in bed but not asleep.  I suddenly feel weird and panicky and couldn't move.  Whenever I felt I could roll over to turn on the lamp, I couldn't even though I kept struggling to do so.  The feeling of panic and helplessness was awful.  My body and the air around me didn't feel right.  I kept thinking it was *someone* or *something* that's causing it, but I don't know; that may just be in my head.  I don't know how long it lasted. 

It gradually faded and I was normal again.  It's never happened to me before, and since it was the middle of the night, I got crazy ideas of aliens or something worse.  I'm positive I was awake, but I'm still trying to convince myself it was a vivid dream.  But I can't convince myself 100%.  There were too many details.  I always know when it's a dream and this wasn't it.  I just hope it never happens again.

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. (http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis)  I've had that happen a few times.  The first time when I was a teenager, I was really shaken by it and kept thinking it was a botched alien abduction.  I remember seeing a light above my bed, not being able to move, but feeling fully awake with my eyes open.  I could see my sister in the bed across the room, but couldn't call out to her.  People experience some weird stuff during sleep paralysis.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2425 on: October 01, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »
^ I hope that's it and I hope it never happens again.  I'm just glad I didn't "see" anything.

menley

« Reply #2426 on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:49 AM »

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. (http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis)  I've had that happen a few times.  The first time when I was a teenager, I was really shaken by it and kept thinking it was a botched alien abduction.  I remember seeing a light above my bed, not being able to move, but feeling fully awake with my eyes open.  I could see my sister in the bed across the room, but couldn't call out to her.  People experience some weird stuff during sleep paralysis.

Oh yeah, I could write a book on the weird stuff I've experienced with sleep paralysis! It is very frightening and I was absolutely terrified the first time it happened (sometime in college). The worst part for me is that I panic because I can't move and then I have trouble breathing. I've started trying a few techniques to break myself out of it and one that's worked well is telling myself to calm down and that all I need to do is just move a toe and I'll be free. I concentrate very hard on moving my foot and eventually it works.

It's so bizarre to me because in my mind, I am flailing all over the place trying to move and the lights are flickering and weird noises are playing, but my husband has watched me have an episode and says I just lie there abnormally still. It's a bit crazy that the muscles I feel trying to move are literally just doing nothing.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2427 on: October 01, 2013, 11:31:53 AM »
One strange thing about last night was that I can feel a thread from my blanket get caught on my big toe.  I remember thinking what a strange thing to focus on while all the weirdness was happening.  When I got normal again, there was no loose thread.

Sorry for the derailment.

cwm

« Reply #2428 on: October 01, 2013, 03:38:24 PM »

Oh yeah, I could write a book on the weird stuff I've experienced with sleep paralysis! It is very frightening and I was absolutely terrified the first time it happened (sometime in college). The worst part for me is that I panic because I can't move and then I have trouble breathing. I've started trying a few techniques to break myself out of it and one that's worked well is telling myself to calm down and that all I need to do is just move a toe and I'll be free. I concentrate very hard on moving my foot and eventually it works.

It's so bizarre to me because in my mind, I am flailing all over the place trying to move and the lights are flickering and weird noises are playing, but my husband has watched me have an episode and says I just lie there abnormally still. It's a bit crazy that the muscles I feel trying to move are literally just doing nothing.

Luckily I've never had anything "weird" happen, but it feels like someone's watching me in the creepiest way possible. All I have to do is focus on moving one finger a tiny bit, then the case that's over my body breaks and I can move again. But moving that finger is honestly one of the hardest things to do!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2429 on: October 04, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
I was on the computer the other day. At first, my middle cat was sitting on the floor near my feet. After a while, though, I heard what sounded like her running around the table across the room + some boxes of junk in the room and batting the trash bag. Then I heard her messing with the closet door. I said "Now you know better, you can't play in the closet." A little bit later, I heard her diving onto a plastic grocery store bag in a Rubbermaid container, which was perched on top of a cardboard box. The box tipped and slid onto a nearby chair. Guess what ? No cat was hiding in the contents of the Rubbermaid tub, the cardboard box, the closet or anywhere else in the room. She was sleeping in another room. And I don't have rats or mice