Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 365221 times)

Roe

• Super Hero!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2445 on: October 25, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
I'd love to see the pic.  :)

Erich L-ster

« Reply #2446 on: October 25, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »
What was in the picture that made you consider cancelling the lease?

workingmum

« Reply #2447 on: October 25, 2013, 07:55:57 PM »
It seems to be a face in the upstairs window - but the location of the window means that whatever it is was about 8 foot off the ground
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

workingmum

« Reply #2448 on: October 25, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
sorry for the barrage PM's ladies - i just worked out how to embed the image :-)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2449 on: October 25, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
I'd like to see the photo too please!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2450 on: October 25, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »

I would too!

drzim

« Reply #2451 on: October 25, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
Please PM me the photo too, thanks! :)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2452 on: October 25, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
It is an eerie photo but I have to say it's a BEAUTIFUL house!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

workingmum

« Reply #2453 on: October 25, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »
DD and I love the house! We are vvery comfortable here.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2454 on: October 26, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »
Ok - I moved into an old federation house earlier this year. It was built in 1876. It is largely unrenovated, though the fireplaces (one in every room) have all been closed off.

I haven't felt anything in the house - and I assumed that if there was something here, I would have. Saying that though - the loungeroom is at least 15 degrees colder than the rest of the house, to the point of it being  lovely sunny day outside, and you have to have the heater on in that room. I also have a pic I took before moving in. I very nearly cancelled my lease. I will pm it to anyone who wants to see, it's just that my house is very iconic in the town I live in and anyone who saw the pic would know who I am.

Funnily enough, while i was a bit spooked for the first few weeks, this house now feels like home and DD and I are both very comfortable here. Though, this morning DD says she can't her shirt that was on her bed last night. I fully expect to find it in one of her "piles o crap"  ;)

Your post reminds me of something. In a town near here, the founder had a very fancy house with some kind of a homemade ventilation/air-conditioning system. You could open the ducts for fresh air in the summer and close them to keep the heat in for winter. He died without telling anyone how they worked, though.

Now the house is cold as heck all year round, no matter what anyone does, and people joke that the founder turned on the vents before he died and now no one knows how to turn them off. ;D
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

workingmum

« Reply #2455 on: October 26, 2013, 12:51:04 AM »
well this house is the station master's residence... and the loungeroom doesn't get much sun, so it's going to be beautiful in the long, hot summer we are promised this year  :)

shadowfox79

« Reply #2456 on: October 26, 2013, 02:02:52 AM »
OK, this one is winding me up. I admit to loving the paranormal, but I am not a sensitive, nor am I someone who sees ghosts as a rule.

Yesterday morning I woke up to hear what sounded like someone tuning a radio. I didn't think much of it as our bedroom wall backs onto our neighbour's bedroom. I rolled over to check the time and saw what I took to be DH crouched down on my side of the bed, messing with my clock radio. I reached out to prod his shoulder and nothing was there. DH was, in fact, downstairs about to leave for work.

His comment was that I must still have been half asleep. I agreed, since I couldn't think of any other explanation.

Except whatever it was, it was there again this morning, and I was fully awake. Once I turned the light on, it was gone.

Either something's appearing to me or there is something creating an optical illusion there, and I'm too chicken to look at it for long enough to figure it out.  >:(

workingmum

« Reply #2457 on: October 26, 2013, 03:14:24 AM »
Ok - I moved into an old federation house earlier this year. It was built in 1876. It is largely unrenovated, though the fireplaces (one in every room) have all been closed off.

I haven't felt anything in the house - and I assumed that if there was something here, I would have. Saying that though - the loungeroom is at least 15 degrees colder than the rest of the house, to the point of it being  lovely sunny day outside, and you have to have the heater on in that room. I also have a pic I took before moving in. I very nearly cancelled my lease. I will pm it to anyone who wants to see, it's just that my house is very iconic in the town I live in and anyone who saw the pic would know who I am.

Funnily enough, while i was a bit spooked for the first few weeks, this house now feels like home and DD and I are both very comfortable here. Though, this morning DD says she can't her shirt that was on her bed last night. I fully expect to find it in one of her "piles o crap"  ;)

Update - yes i did find DD's shirt in a "pile o crap" but i also predicted the exact number of puppies my mohter's dog has had today

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2458 on: October 26, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
Two stories, one of which is slightly strange, but probably not ghostly.  Last week, I was taking a bath at probably 9 am in the morning.  As I'm laying in the bathtub, I heard someone singing opera.  I'm not a big opera fan, but I've watched and listened to enough of it to distinguish it from another type of musical.  This was clearly a tenor voice singing in an operatic fashion.  Not clearly enough to hear what he was singing, just the singing itself.  I figured someone in our neighborhood has workers outside who are listening to opera.  Except that, the singing wasn't apparent anywhere else in our house, nor was it apparent when I went outside about 20 minutes later.  I was pretty much resigned to "LadySnowdon hearing things that aren't there".  I talked to my mom today, however, and learned this is a thing in our family.  My grandmother hears chamber orchestra music, my mom and aunt hear radio music - complete with a DJ announcing the songs - and now I apparently hear opera.  At least I listen to good music, I guess!

Second story - my great-grandfather died when I was 5/6 years old.  As a baby/toddler, I spent a LOT of time with him.  He would read me stories and play with me for hours at a time.  For some reason, I've always associated him with the constellation Orion.  In my area, Orion is visible early in the morning around this time of year, and over the years I've developed a habit of talking to him if there's anything on my mind.  A couple of weeks ago, right after I'd quit my job, I stood outside, looked up at Orion and said, "Poppy, did I do the right thing by quitting?".  Immediately, I felt a flood of approval and pride, like he was telling me that he was proud of what I did.  I told my mom about it today, and she mentioned that other people in my family also talk to him, and that my grandmother is convinced he's around their house.  Not in a scary way, just in a "looking after my family" sort of way.  Apparently he finds things for people and watches over the pets.  :D

cwm

« Reply #2459 on: October 26, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »

I would too!

Add me to the list of people who would love to see this house.