News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 24, 2018, 08:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 882667 times)

GoTwins

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2430 on: October 25, 2013, 01:53:27 PM »
This is why if I ever go on a ghost investigation, I'm taking both cameras, the 35mm and the DSLR. 35mm has batteries for the light meter, but if that goes out I'll survive. Besides, I know I'll be taking pictures in the dark without a flash, or with a flashlight to light the way, it's not like the light meter is really going to make a huge difference. If the batteries go, I can still get photos. If the battery goes on the DLSR and that's my only camera, I'm hosed.
If I ever go on a ghost investigation, I'm taking along an extra pair of pants!  ;D
I used to work in one of the old Pillsbury mansions in Minneapolis and things would occasionally happen. If I have some time this weekend, I'll post the list.

workingmum

« Reply #2431 on: October 25, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »
Ok - I moved into an old federation house earlier this year. It was built in 1876. It is largely unrenovated, though the fireplaces (one in every room) have all been closed off.

I haven't felt anything in the house - and I assumed that if there was something here, I would have. Saying that though - the loungeroom is at least 15 degrees colder than the rest of the house, to the point of it being  lovely sunny day outside, and you have to have the heater on in that room. I also have a pic I took before moving in. I very nearly cancelled my lease. I will pm it to anyone who wants to see, it's just that my house is very iconic in the town I live in and anyone who saw the pic would know who I am.

Funnily enough, while i was a bit spooked for the first few weeks, this house now feels like home and DD and I are both very comfortable here. Though, this morning DD says she can't her shirt that was on her bed last night. I fully expect to find it in one of her "piles o crap"  ;)
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Roe

« Reply #2432 on: October 25, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
I'd love to see the pic.  :)

Erich L-ster

« Reply #2433 on: October 25, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »
What was in the picture that made you consider cancelling the lease?

workingmum

« Reply #2434 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
It seems to be a face in the upstairs window - but the location of the window means that whatever it is was about 8 foot off the ground

workingmum

« Reply #2435 on: October 25, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
sorry for the barrage PM's ladies - i just worked out how to embed the image :-)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2436 on: October 25, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
I'd like to see the photo too please!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

gramma dishes

« Reply #2437 on: October 25, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »
I'd like to see the photo too please!

I would too!

drzim

• In my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #2438 on: October 25, 2013, 07:24:19 PM »
Please PM me the photo too, thanks! :)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2439 on: October 25, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
It is an eerie photo but I have to say it's a BEAUTIFUL house!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

workingmum

« Reply #2440 on: October 25, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »
DD and I love the house! We are vvery comfortable here.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #2441 on: October 25, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
Ok - I moved into an old federation house earlier this year. It was built in 1876. It is largely unrenovated, though the fireplaces (one in every room) have all been closed off.

I haven't felt anything in the house - and I assumed that if there was something here, I would have. Saying that though - the loungeroom is at least 15 degrees colder than the rest of the house, to the point of it being  lovely sunny day outside, and you have to have the heater on in that room. I also have a pic I took before moving in. I very nearly cancelled my lease. I will pm it to anyone who wants to see, it's just that my house is very iconic in the town I live in and anyone who saw the pic would know who I am.

Funnily enough, while i was a bit spooked for the first few weeks, this house now feels like home and DD and I are both very comfortable here. Though, this morning DD says she can't her shirt that was on her bed last night. I fully expect to find it in one of her "piles o crap"  ;)

Your post reminds me of something. In a town near here, the founder had a very fancy house with some kind of a homemade ventilation/air-conditioning system. You could open the ducts for fresh air in the summer and close them to keep the heat in for winter. He died without telling anyone how they worked, though.

Now the house is cold as heck all year round, no matter what anyone does, and people joke that the founder turned on the vents before he died and now no one knows how to turn them off. ;D
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

workingmum

« Reply #2442 on: October 25, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »
well this house is the station master's residence... and the loungeroom doesn't get much sun, so it's going to be beautiful in the long, hot summer we are promised this year  :)

shadowfox79

« Reply #2443 on: October 26, 2013, 01:02:52 AM »
OK, this one is winding me up. I admit to loving the paranormal, but I am not a sensitive, nor am I someone who sees ghosts as a rule.

Yesterday morning I woke up to hear what sounded like someone tuning a radio. I didn't think much of it as our bedroom wall backs onto our neighbour's bedroom. I rolled over to check the time and saw what I took to be DH crouched down on my side of the bed, messing with my clock radio. I reached out to prod his shoulder and nothing was there. DH was, in fact, downstairs about to leave for work.

His comment was that I must still have been half asleep. I agreed, since I couldn't think of any other explanation.

Except whatever it was, it was there again this morning, and I was fully awake. Once I turned the light on, it was gone.

Either something's appearing to me or there is something creating an optical illusion there, and I'm too chicken to look at it for long enough to figure it out.  >:(

workingmum

« Reply #2444 on: October 26, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »

Update - yes i did find DD's shirt in a "pile o crap" but i also predicted the exact number of puppies my mohter's dog has had today