News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 11:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 882321 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2445 on: October 26, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »
Two stories, one of which is slightly strange, but probably not ghostly.  Last week, I was taking a bath at probably 9 am in the morning.  As I'm laying in the bathtub, I heard someone singing opera.  I'm not a big opera fan, but I've watched and listened to enough of it to distinguish it from another type of musical.  This was clearly a tenor voice singing in an operatic fashion.  Not clearly enough to hear what he was singing, just the singing itself.  I figured someone in our neighborhood has workers outside who are listening to opera.  Except that, the singing wasn't apparent anywhere else in our house, nor was it apparent when I went outside about 20 minutes later.  I was pretty much resigned to "LadySnowdon hearing things that aren't there".  I talked to my mom today, however, and learned this is a thing in our family.  My grandmother hears chamber orchestra music, my mom and aunt hear radio music - complete with a DJ announcing the songs - and now I apparently hear opera.  At least I listen to good music, I guess!

Second story - my great-grandfather died when I was 5/6 years old.  As a baby/toddler, I spent a LOT of time with him.  He would read me stories and play with me for hours at a time.  For some reason, I've always associated him with the constellation Orion.  In my area, Orion is visible early in the morning around this time of year, and over the years I've developed a habit of talking to him if there's anything on my mind.  A couple of weeks ago, right after I'd quit my job, I stood outside, looked up at Orion and said, "Poppy, did I do the right thing by quitting?".  Immediately, I felt a flood of approval and pride, like he was telling me that he was proud of what I did.  I told my mom about it today, and she mentioned that other people in my family also talk to him, and that my grandmother is convinced he's around their house.  Not in a scary way, just in a "looking after my family" sort of way.  Apparently he finds things for people and watches over the pets.  :D

cwm

« Reply #2446 on: October 26, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »
I'd like to see the photo too please!

I would too!

Add me to the list of people who would love to see this house.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #2447 on: October 26, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »
Me too please!

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Ohjustlovely

• Myspace
« Reply #2448 on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
Please PM me about the building too!  thanks!

rosegirl

« Reply #2449 on: October 26, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »
Me too?

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2450 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:39 PM »
Workingmum, with your permission, may I just post the photo here to save you the trouble of sending out lots of PMs?
"After all this time?"
"Always."

workingmum

« Reply #2451 on: October 27, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »
Workingmum, with your permission, may I just post the photo here to save you the trouble of sending out lots of PMs?

Thanks for the thought - but in the name of anonymity, I'd really rather not. I've commented extensively on my family and work situations, and have nbo wish to have anyone stumble across the pic and realise who i am.
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

parrot_girl

« Reply #2452 on: October 28, 2013, 02:06:34 AM »
WorkingMum, may I see the pic please?

I've no stories of my own, but in tribute to the season I've bought Great Australian Ghost Stories from the ABC shop and have been reading that. Some are funny, some terribly sad and I'm never visiting Monte Cristo in Junee, it sounds terrifying! But here's a link:
http://www.montecristo.com.au/

Well worth a read, if you're in Aus.

Redwing

« Reply #2453 on: October 28, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
I'd love to see it, too, please!   :)

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2454 on: October 28, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »
No more pic requests. 

Threads are for open, general discussion.  If you have a personal, private request or comment to make to one specific person, please use the pm feature.
Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2455 on: October 28, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
I'm not sure what I keep seeing today.  Generally if I see a spirit, I see what people call a full bodied apparition or kind of a misty human shape. 

Today I keep catching a bright white sparkle out of the corner of my left eye.  I thought maybe it was the start of an ocular migraine, until my cat took an interest in the spot I kept seeing it. She went up and chattered at the empty space on the sofa and did her air paw tapping that means "pet me, pet me now".  It isn't one of my ghosts as neither have been in the house all weekend.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Kaymyth

« Reply #2456 on: October 28, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
I'm not sure what I keep seeing today.  Generally if I see a spirit, I see what people call a full bodied apparition or kind of a misty human shape. 

Today I keep catching a bright white sparkle out of the corner of my left eye.  I thought maybe it was the start of an ocular migraine, until my cat took an interest in the spot I kept seeing it. She went up and chattered at the empty space on the sofa and did her air paw tapping that means "pet me, pet me now".  It isn't one of my ghosts as neither have been in the house all weekend.

Fae, perhaps?  They can be pretty curious about Power, and if your usual "protectors" aren't around, could've taken the opportunity to check you out more closely.

cwm

« Reply #2457 on: October 28, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
Second story - my great-grandfather died when I was 5/6 years old.  As a baby/toddler, I spent a LOT of time with him.  He would read me stories and play with me for hours at a time.  For some reason, I've always associated him with the constellation Orion.  In my area, Orion is visible early in the morning around this time of year, and over the years I've developed a habit of talking to him if there's anything on my mind.  A couple of weeks ago, right after I'd quit my job, I stood outside, looked up at Orion and said, "Poppy, did I do the right thing by quitting?".  Immediately, I felt a flood of approval and pride, like he was telling me that he was proud of what I did.  I told my mom about it today, and she mentioned that other people in my family also talk to him, and that my grandmother is convinced he's around their house.  Not in a scary way, just in a "looking after my family" sort of way.  Apparently he finds things for people and watches over the pets.  :D

I've never associated Orion with anyone from my life, but for as long as I can remember, I've felt safer in the winter because he's watching out for me.

Cherry91

« Reply #2458 on: October 28, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »
I was at a convention on Saturday, and kept thinking about a very close friend throughout the day. About an hour before we left, I discovered that a voice actor who voices a video game character we're both extremely fond of was doing a signing and photo opportunity. Completely on a whim, I went and queued up, and when I got to him, asked if he would mind recording my friend's favourite line from the games onto my camera, and he was perfectly happy to (he was a total sweetie!). Again, completely on a whim, I decided to ring my friend and tell her about the present I'd be sending her once I got home.

After I sent the video to her, my friend emailed me to inform me she'd been having a really horrible week, and really wanted to vent to someone, so she'd opened an email, ready to write about what was getting her down...

...When I suddenly rang her! She said the timing was so perfect that it completely cheered her up.

It could have been total luck, but I prefer to think that I'm psychic. I have had other moments like this, but this is the first one I've been able to use for the good of others!
All will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

Jocelyn

« Reply #2459 on: October 28, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »
  until my cat took an interest in the spot I kept seeing it. She went up and chattered at the empty space on the sofa and did her air paw tapping that means "pet me, pet me now".  It isn't one of my ghosts as neither have been in the house all weekend.
Your cat has her very own ghost now!