Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 382483 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2460 on: October 26, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »
Me too please!

Ohjustlovely

• Myspace
« Reply #2461 on: October 26, 2013, 07:53:27 PM »
Please PM me about the building too!  thanks!

rosegirl

« Reply #2462 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
Me too?

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2463 on: October 27, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
Workingmum, with your permission, may I just post the photo here to save you the trouble of sending out lots of PMs?
"After all this time?"
"Always."

workingmum

« Reply #2464 on: October 27, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
Workingmum, with your permission, may I just post the photo here to save you the trouble of sending out lots of PMs?

Thanks for the thought - but in the name of anonymity, I'd really rather not. I've commented extensively on my family and work situations, and have nbo wish to have anyone stumble across the pic and realise who i am.
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

parrot_girl

« Reply #2465 on: October 28, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »
WorkingMum, may I see the pic please?

I've no stories of my own, but in tribute to the season I've bought Great Australian Ghost Stories from the ABC shop and have been reading that. Some are funny, some terribly sad and I'm never visiting Monte Cristo in Junee, it sounds terrifying! But here's a link:
http://www.montecristo.com.au/

Well worth a read, if you're in Aus.

Redwing

« Reply #2466 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
I'd love to see it, too, please!   :)

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2467 on: October 28, 2013, 11:15:25 AM »
No more pic requests. 

Threads are for open, general discussion.  If you have a personal, private request or comment to make to one specific person, please use the pm feature.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2468 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
I'm not sure what I keep seeing today.  Generally if I see a spirit, I see what people call a full bodied apparition or kind of a misty human shape. 

Today I keep catching a bright white sparkle out of the corner of my left eye.  I thought maybe it was the start of an ocular migraine, until my cat took an interest in the spot I kept seeing it. She went up and chattered at the empty space on the sofa and did her air paw tapping that means "pet me, pet me now".  It isn't one of my ghosts as neither have been in the house all weekend.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Kaymyth

« Reply #2469 on: October 28, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »
I'm not sure what I keep seeing today.  Generally if I see a spirit, I see what people call a full bodied apparition or kind of a misty human shape. 

Today I keep catching a bright white sparkle out of the corner of my left eye.  I thought maybe it was the start of an ocular migraine, until my cat took an interest in the spot I kept seeing it. She went up and chattered at the empty space on the sofa and did her air paw tapping that means "pet me, pet me now".  It isn't one of my ghosts as neither have been in the house all weekend.

Fae, perhaps?  They can be pretty curious about Power, and if your usual "protectors" aren't around, could've taken the opportunity to check you out more closely.

cwm

« Reply #2470 on: October 28, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »
Second story - my great-grandfather died when I was 5/6 years old.  As a baby/toddler, I spent a LOT of time with him.  He would read me stories and play with me for hours at a time.  For some reason, I've always associated him with the constellation Orion.  In my area, Orion is visible early in the morning around this time of year, and over the years I've developed a habit of talking to him if there's anything on my mind.  A couple of weeks ago, right after I'd quit my job, I stood outside, looked up at Orion and said, "Poppy, did I do the right thing by quitting?".  Immediately, I felt a flood of approval and pride, like he was telling me that he was proud of what I did.  I told my mom about it today, and she mentioned that other people in my family also talk to him, and that my grandmother is convinced he's around their house.  Not in a scary way, just in a "looking after my family" sort of way.  Apparently he finds things for people and watches over the pets.  :D

I've never associated Orion with anyone from my life, but for as long as I can remember, I've felt safer in the winter because he's watching out for me.

Cherry91

« Reply #2471 on: October 28, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »
I was at a convention on Saturday, and kept thinking about a very close friend throughout the day. About an hour before we left, I discovered that a voice actor who voices a video game character we're both extremely fond of was doing a signing and photo opportunity. Completely on a whim, I went and queued up, and when I got to him, asked if he would mind recording my friend's favourite line from the games onto my camera, and he was perfectly happy to (he was a total sweetie!). Again, completely on a whim, I decided to ring my friend and tell her about the present I'd be sending her once I got home.

After I sent the video to her, my friend emailed me to inform me she'd been having a really horrible week, and really wanted to vent to someone, so she'd opened an email, ready to write about what was getting her down...

...When I suddenly rang her! She said the timing was so perfect that it completely cheered her up.

It could have been total luck, but I prefer to think that I'm psychic. I have had other moments like this, but this is the first one I've been able to use for the good of others!

Jocelyn

« Reply #2472 on: October 28, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
  until my cat took an interest in the spot I kept seeing it. She went up and chattered at the empty space on the sofa and did her air paw tapping that means "pet me, pet me now".  It isn't one of my ghosts as neither have been in the house all weekend.
Your cat has her very own ghost now!

flickan

« Reply #2473 on: October 28, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »
what a creepy thread!

I love ghost stories.  I don't believe in ghosts in the traditional sense but I do believe that people can leave behind shadow images and repeating images when the death was violent or unexpected or even when a bad thing happened even if no one died.

My grandmother's house isn't haunted but my auntie who died in the house has been seen a couple of times by one of her sisters.  The last time she saw her was right before her father died.  I don't think it's her spirit because I hope she's in heaven, but I think it's some kind of spectral image that my aunt is in-tune with because she's open minded about that kind of thing and she misses her sister.

I've never had occasion to be in the house by myself and I hope never to be.  I've never seen anything like a ghost and I am very invested in protecting my ignorance. 

zara1269

« Reply #2474 on: October 30, 2013, 06:48:08 AM »
I did my first "residential" investigation a month or so back at an apartment of a friend in my hometown. This apartment was about 3 or 4 apartments over from one where I had one of my first experiences at. This friend whose place we investigated was seeing male shadow figures and just getting an overall creeped out feeling.

As I might have mentioned before I have recently bought what is called a spirit box which scans FM radio stations at a high rate of speed and ghostly voices are said to come over the white noise. So far I am a firm believe and I absolutely love this thing. In places where there are not believed to be any spirits it is dead silent but in suspected haunted places it wont's shut up and you get often get the same voice over the white noise.

Anyways, at this investigation we were up in her kids bedroom doing general EVP and spirit box sessions. We got a name, "Scott", and a string of expletives repeated quite a few times in a single instance. Being that this thing scan FM radio stations I know that the FCC does not allow that kind of language. IT also said, "sorry" after we called it out on it. I asked, "Are you human" and it responded with what we thought was a very high pitched "human" answer but we instantly replayed it and it said in that creepy high pitched voice, "demon". Also while we were doing the spirit box session my friend's daughter opened the door and the spirit box responded instantly with a very clear, "Shut the door" in the same male voice we had been communicating with.

I love the spirit box but make sure you know what you are getting into or might get into with it. It has definitely brought a new element to our investigations.
Where I go I just don't know...I got to take it slow. When I find my peace of mind. I'm gonna give you some of my good time. ~RCHP