Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 398972 times)

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2490 on: November 25, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »
^ Sounds like, or maybe just similar, to shadow people.  Glad your experience wasn't bad.  :::shiver:::
http://shadowpeople.org/

BarensMom

« Reply #2491 on: November 25, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
^ Sounds like, or maybe just similar, to shadow people.  Glad your experience wasn't bad.  :::shiver:::
http://shadowpeople.org/

For a more concise description, see Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

cwm

« Reply #2492 on: November 26, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »
They might have been. I didn't sense any malevolence directed at me, but the whole drive was just weird. I've never seen that many anything together in one night before. And the one watching me, he may well have been watching to make sure I didn't do anything to them. There wasn't curiosity there, but it was just overlooking.

The whole energies around my apartment have been weird lately. The building behind mine burned down, and now it's empty. Nobody died, but since it happened things are just weird. The old man that I thought had left me alone is now back, pacing the living room at night. I've tried to tell him that I live here now, and I get the feeling that he's just scowling at me. I mean, I know he just wants to be left alone, but so do I!

SCMagnolia

« Reply #2493 on: November 26, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »
Wow, cwm!  I have chills reading that!

Once, a long, long time ago, my mom and I were going home from somewhere and I swear I saw a "person" standing at the front door of our neighbor's house.  It wasn't so much a person as it was a very dark shape of a person.  Mom turned around and went back after I told her, but it was gone then.  She told me I was just seeing things or it was the shadow from a tree. 

I never did believe her theory.  To this day, I will swear SOMETHING was standing at that door. 

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #2494 on: December 11, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »
Boris the House Ghost* visited again the other day, which was nice, as he's been very quiet lately.

Housemate got rather distressed because something was missing from her room.  So I said, out loud, 'Boris, please return the item.  Thanks!'

She went back into her room, there it was sitting right where it normally was.

Boris has had a habit of doing this for as long as I can remember.  I'd put something down, leave the room, come back 5 minutes later and it was gone.  So I'd ask for its return, leave the room, head back in and there it would be, right where I'd left it.

He likes to open and close doors, play with cats, dogs, and small children, hide things, remove lightbulbs and occasionally knock on walls or walk loudly across floors.  He will rarely move things in plain sight, usually doing things when I'm not looking.  The door opening and closing is an exception - when I was younger he used to do it on request, but only with one particular set of doors.

Boris is protective at times - people he doesn't like or trust tend to feel unwell when he's around.  He's also been known to kiss me goodnight, rub people's shoulders when they're upset and even once, shoved my exGF in the chest when she was being stupid on her bike.  The message got through, she slowed down, right before a car abruptly changed lanes where she would have been if she'd continued.

I've only seen him once.  A very distinctive shadow on a wall, with nothing between the wall and light to cast the shadow.  It was there for an hour or so and then faded away as I watched.

*I call him the house ghost but he's been with me since I was a small child.  I'm now 51 and living thousands of kilometers from where I grew up, and he's still around.  I saw a psychic last year, she described and named him.  The description matched the wall shadow to a tee.  And no, he isn't really called Boris, but he does seem to respond to it.

Dr. F.

« Reply #2495 on: December 11, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »
I don't know that this is a ghost story, or even a supernatural experience, but it was VERY disturbing, and I'm wondering what others might make of it.

I had a dream last night that I was an elderly woman, lying in bed, dying. (Note: I am not actually elderly or dying.) I wasn't sad to die, but I was frightened about the unknown. As I was lying there, I could feel my soul peeling off of me like another layer of skin, starting from my fingers and toes and moving inward. It got about halfway, and then I got REALLY frightened and said NO, and woke up with my heart pounding.

It was an extremely REAL dream, if you know what I mean. It was disturbing.

Does anyone have any insight, or even better yet, an explanation?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2496 on: December 11, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
Dr. F, if I had to venture a guess, I'd say you had a moment of remembering a past life.

I had dreams for years of me, but as different person, in a place I'd never been to/heard of/or recgonized.  I was recently talking to a friend and told her about these crazy real dreams and events.  It surprised me when, after I described them she whipped out her smart phone and showed me a picture of exactly where I described, across an Ocean and on a continent I've never stepped foot on.

ETA:  The place in question is Hallstatt, she was guessing somewhere around the Iron age from the description.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:23:25 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cwm

« Reply #2497 on: December 12, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
I've had dreams from a past life. It's the reason I can't wear turtlenecks or choker necklaces. I distinctly remember there being a waterfall, a cave, and someone coming up behind me to choke me. Even high-necked shirts (ones that go straight across from the shoulders and don't actually cut down) can set me off, I feel like I'm choking and can't breathe. It's no fun at all.

There was a bunny in my room the other night. It was about the size of a corgi. The usual background noise was completely gone on the drive home, which means that something's up, but I don't know what. I got to my apartment and as I was walking back to my bedroom, just got this vivid image of a giant bunny hiding in my bedroom. I told it that I was home and everything was okay, and it darted away. I got a good feeling from it, though. He was checking on me to make sure I was okay. Not sure if someone sent him or he came on his own but he settled my mind enough that I could sleep.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #2498 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »

? :D

Jocelyn

« Reply #2499 on: December 12, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »

I had dreams for years of me, but as different person, in a place I'd never been to/heard of/or recgonized.  I was recently talking to a friend and told her about these crazy real dreams and events.  It surprised me when, after I described them she whipped out her smart phone and showed me a picture of exactly where I described, across an Ocean and on a continent I've never stepped foot on.

ETA:  The place in question is Hallstatt, she was guessing somewhere around the Iron age from the description.
For years as a child, I had a recurring dream of being in some sort of open pit, with a road spiraling down. There were huge tall stone walls rising 30-50' above the roadway.
In 2001 I went to Germany, to Wurzberg's medieval castle. Son of a gun, there it was. The pit was the rock quarry from which the stone for the castle was taken, now being used as parking for tourists.
Haven't had the dream since. (Incidentally, this is in the area of Germany where my ancestors lived)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2500 on: December 28, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
Bumping this up for new poster to see.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

BarensMom

« Reply #2501 on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »
I don't know that this is a ghost story, or even a supernatural experience, but it was VERY disturbing, and I'm wondering what others might make of it.

I had a dream last night that I was an elderly woman, lying in bed, dying. (Note: I am not actually elderly or dying.) I wasn't sad to die, but I was frightened about the unknown. As I was lying there, I could feel my soul peeling off of me like another layer of skin, starting from my fingers and toes and moving inward. It got about halfway, and then I got REALLY frightened and said NO, and woke up with my heart pounding.

It was an extremely REAL dream, if you know what I mean. It was disturbing.

Does anyone have any insight, or even better yet, an explanation?

I had almost the same dream once.  I was dead and I could feel myself rotting.  That creeped me out for days afterwards.

Sneezy

« Reply #2502 on: January 24, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »
I had an experience the other week in my kitchen. I'm not sure who is haunting my apartment, but they are normally respectful of my request not to frighten my wimpy afraid of ghosts self. This entity generally contents himself with petting one of my cats and moving my dried parsley around. If the jar is empty, he'll move the plastic bag used at the bulk bin at the grocery store to my couch to let me know I need to buy more. I have no idea why parsley would be so compelling to a ghost, but so be it. If the scariest things I have to deal with are mobile herbs and a purring cat, I've got it good.

So, back to the other week. I was putting leftover roasted potatoes in the fridge when I felt a finger go under my ponytail holder and fling it out. My first thought was that a cat did it. No, there was no cat on the counter. Freak refrigerator magnet falling down? No, magnets were in their customary position stuck to the fridge. Large insect? None to be found and I would have felt it run up my neck to get under my hair tie. Not to mention, how could one fling out a hair tie?

Elisabunny

« Reply #2503 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »
I find the concept of a ghost obsessed with parsley absolutely hilarious.  Would one of our local writers please write a story about this?  ;D
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #2504 on: January 27, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
If the jar is empty, he'll move the plastic bag used at the bulk bin at the grocery store to my couch to let me know I need to buy more. I have no idea why parsley would be so compelling to a ghost, but so be it. If the scariest things I have to deal with are mobile herbs and a purring cat, I've got it good.

Not to mention, how could one fling out a hair tie?

Are you leaving the bag of parsely out on the counter or something?  If so I bet the cat is grabbing it.  Parsley can look suspiciously like catnip, lol.

The elastic on your hair tie could have just randomly snapped.  That's happened to me.