Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 376635 times)

Vegemite Girl

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
I know someone who has a theory on the Guardian Angel thing. She says we're all higher beings, come here for some sort of purpose. Apparently human beings are basically monkeys compared to what we normally are. We don't like being here but for some reason we have to do it a number of times, before we 'graduate' to not having to do it anymore. She says we're paired, and one of us 'watches' the other during their time as a human. She says that being is often who we think of as our 'Guardian Angel'. I think it's an interesting theory.

This mirrors some of my beliefs pretty closely as well but mine tie in with astrology as well.  My husband thinks I'm nuts, so we just don't talk about it.

My Dh thinks I'm mad as well.  ;D  I'm not sure I 100% accept this theory, but it makes much more sense to me than any other I've heard.

spiffy

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
Another really creepy one:

Years ago, I got up one night to go to the bathroom and found that my BF at the time was not in bed.  I went to the bathroom and he is standing there in front of the sink staring at the mirror in a sort of trance.  I peek in to see what he is looking at and see his reflection.  Suddenly, the face in his reflection gets a really creepy, evil looking grin.  I glance at BF and his face is perfectly still.  I glance back at the reflection and it is still evil-grinning.  I was scared!  I turned the light off, grabbed his arm, pulled him out and closed the door.  We looked at each other and I asked if he saw that.  He replied that he had.  Neither of us could figure out what it was, but he has been known to attract "unfriendly things".

One of BF's exGF used to buy pendants of "idols" (different Buddhas and gods), wear them, pray to them, then subsequently toss them aside for another.  (Which from what I understand is a no-no because they get upset as it is considered disrespectful.)  They used to have furniture floating in the air, even while people were sitting on them and "things" visit them all the time.

One time, they were in bed and BF felt something crawling under the covers.  He opened his eyes and saw a bump under the cover moving up towards his head.  Suddenly, this little head peeped out and did a "blah!" then disappeared.  He nudged his GF and she said don't say it!  I felt it moving up my body!

shadowfox79

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 06:05:39 AM »

Years ago, I got up one night to go to the bathroom and found that my BF at the time was not in bed.  I went to the bathroom and he is standing there in front of the sink staring at the mirror in a sort of trance.  I peek in to see what he is looking at and see his reflection.  Suddenly, the face in his reflection gets a really creepy, evil looking grin.  I glance at BF and his face is perfectly still.  I glance back at the reflection and it is still evil-grinning.  I was scared!  I turned the light off, grabbed his arm, pulled him out and closed the door.  We looked at each other and I asked if he saw that.  He replied that he had.  Neither of us could figure out what it was, but he has been known to attract "unfriendly things".

Oh, that's done it now. I already have a phobia about looking in the mirror at night, caused by too many horror films where Evil Things pop up in the reflection.

And then I read this?? I'm going straight home to pull every single mirror off the wall.   ;)

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 06:18:36 AM »
I LOVE this thread.

Keep it coming, everyone. The only story I'd have... oh well, I guess I can say it. LOL.

I was about six or seven, maybe even less. The apartment was laid out as follows : entrance door, sort of lobby. Left of lobby, kitchen. Right of lobby, living room. North of lobby, door to long corridor. End of corridor, the toilet, left of the toilet, room one, right of the toilet, room two, and in the middle of the corridor between the toilet and the lobby door, bath room.

Which meant if you were sitting on the toilet with all doors open you could see the entrance door. Until then, normal, heh ? Well it was to me until, one night, I went to do my business and stared at the door in disbelief. There was a neon green "drawing" of a very odd (but not friendly) creature that seemed glowing.

Needless to say, I finished quickly and ran to bed. To this day everyone still thinks I imagined things...
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

Stormtreader

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008, 06:38:26 AM »
I have a current story to post, and maybe if I post it, I'll get a little cooperation. 

The women on my mom's side have always been very tuned into spiritual things.  Mine is primarily a second sight which is common among highland celts (which we are part).  However, I also have a very mischevious spirit that has hung around my entire life.  I can remember having conversations with it as a child that I thought were dreams for years until I finally talked to my mom and found out it's a common occurance in our family to have a spirit that hangs around.  As I've gotten older, I've tuned it out more and more just because life has gotten so busy.  I think this annoys my spirit because it's gotten more and more mischevious in general.  Instead of little things like lights that refuse to turn off or the radio playing when it's unplugged, now it steals things from me.

A year and a half ago, our spare house keys disappeared from our locked fire box in DH's office.  They have not been seen since, so we have made another spare set and put it elsewhere.  Last week, I was getting ready to hang some decorations in the playroom.  I got the drill and drill bits out, put them on the table, and went back for the extension cord.  When I returned, the drill bits were gone.  No one else was home and the cats were locked in the master bedroom as they tend to try and trip me when I'm on the ladder.  The drill bits have not been seen since, meanwhile the list of things I need the drill for is growing a mile a minute.  I'm very annoyed this time.  We don't have the money for a new set of drill bits.  I don't want to have to buy a new set because I already own one and if my spirit would kindly return them, I promise to pay more attention to it.  Perhaps, in fact dear spirit, you can come visit the boys now?  I realize they are males and at this point the Scottish blood is rather diluted, but pretty pretty please leave my tools, my contacts, my glasses, keys, goo gone and various household implents alone already.  And if you happen to know where my empty Jack Skellington wallet is, I would like that back too.

I'll post more stories at some other time, I'm just hoping that this will convince my spirit that I really would like my drill bits back.

Ive heard that theyre just trying to 'join in' when they play pranks, and that you should try saying out loud something like 'ok, you got me, but I really need those drill bits back now please'.

spiffy

« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »

Oh, that's done it now. I already have a phobia about looking in the mirror at night, caused by too many horror films where Evil Things pop up in the reflection.

And then I read this?? I'm going straight home to pull every single mirror off the wall.   ;)

My biggest "thing" with mirrors is if there are 2 of them are reflecting each other.  Everytime I see one, it gives me the heebie-jeebies...for some reason, I feel like they are a portal (and not one leading to music and light). 

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »

My biggest "thing" with mirrors is if there are 2 of them are reflecting each other.  Everytime I see one, it gives me the heebie-jeebies...for some reason, I feel like they are a portal (and not one leading to music and light). 

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who has a "thing" with mirrors.  I refuse to look in any mirrors in dim lighting or at night time.  I hate sleeping in hotel rooms where you can see the mirror from the bed - just freaks me out.  In fact, most of the old buildings had various stories, but I never had the guts to investigate.

And "Bloody Mary"?  Forget.  Even at the age of 29, I still can't do it.

My college, which was pretty old by US standards, had a drawing room with two mirrors facing each other.  Supposedly if you looked into them you would see something/someone.  Never worked up the courage to try it.  :-\

I have two thoughts on this thread:
1) These stories are great, keep 'em coming.
2) You all are some very brave people.  If anything remotely as scary as you all described happened to me, I would never get out from under the covers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »
I don't keep mirrors in my bedroom, nor my boys bedrooms. The only mirror, that isn't part of a compact or toy, in my house is in th bathroom. I just am really uncomfortable with them at night. Mirrors are portals, I believe I've stated my feelings on that here before.

I firmly blieve that buildings pick up the personalities/feelings/emotions that are in them. If many bad things happen in a building, the building has a bad feeling.

I have a whole slew of stories, but I am not sure which ones I want to post, and which ones I have already posted.

CreteGirl

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
I don't keep mirrors in my bedroom, nor my boys bedrooms. The only mirror, that isn't part of a compact or toy, in my house is in th bathroom. I just am really uncomfortable with them at night. Mirrors are portals, I believe I've stated my feelings on that here before.

I firmly blieve that buildings pick up the personalities/feelings/emotions that are in them. If many bad things happen in a building, the building has a bad feeling.

I have a whole slew of stories, but I am not sure which ones I want to post, and which ones I have already posted.

Well, keep posting and we will gladly keep reading!

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

Well, keep posting and we will gladly keep reading!

I second this.  Even if I've read it before, I'll gladly read it again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

AprilRenee

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
I don't do mirrors either. NO mirrors in the bedrooms, only the bathroom. I won't even LOOK at a mirror if it's dark in the room.

Bloody Mary> no way in hell will I try that.

why invite trouble?

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
I totally agree with the PP's pluuuuease keep posting your stories, I love reading them!

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
One that I rarely tell.
As a small child, I lived in a trailer court. There was a wooded area with a creek that ran behind the trailer court, that I could easily get to from my yard. From as early as I can remember to about 6, I would go and sit on the bridge over the creek when I was upset. There was a woman, with damp clothes and green hair, who would always come and sit next to me. She would sometimes talk about her daughter, how much she missed her daughter, and how much I reminded her of her daughter. She would also talk to me when I was upset because things at home weren't great, or someone was making fun of me, or whatever else troubled a small me. Sometimes I would have dreams where she was looking for something, and she could never find it. Sometimes I would have dreams where we were talking, but we would be under the water.
One day, she stopped visiting me, on the bridge, and I stopped dreaming about her. I went home, crying, and told my mom that the lady at the bridge stopped being my friend. Mom sat me down, asked a lot of questions, made a lot of calls, and told me that she had to go home to her daughter, and everything was fine.
When I got older, mom asked me if I remembered. I told her that of course I did.
Mom pulled out this old folder of old newspaper clippings. The top picture was of the woman and a little girl, probably about 4. They lived in teh trailer court a few years before my mom moved in, they went missing. A few days after they went missing, the woman was found drowned in teh creek. The hadn't found the daughter. About the time that I told my mom the woman quit visiting with me, the woman's parent identified a body that was found on the woman's ex boyfriends out of state property of being the woman's daughter.

That was the point that my mom believed I was a special, if not wierd, child.

All of my boys have conversations with empty rooms. Oldest can describe every close relative who passed before he was born, right down to their scent.

I will post more later, as I need to head out for a bit.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »

That was it for me. I already had the heebie jeebies (in braod daylight, sitting at my well lit desk) but now I am really scared.

....Keep the stories coming!

Vegemite Girl

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »
One that I rarely tell.
As a small child, I lived in a trailer court. There was a wooded area with a creek that ran behind the trailer court, that I could easily get to from my yard. From as early as I can remember to about 6, I would go and sit on the bridge over the creek when I was upset. There was a woman, with damp clothes and green hair, who would always come and sit next to me. She would sometimes talk about her daughter, how much she missed her daughter, and how much I reminded her of her daughter. She would also talk to me when I was upset because things at home weren't great, or someone was making fun of me, or whatever else troubled a small me. Sometimes I would have dreams where she was looking for something, and she could never find it. Sometimes I would have dreams where we were talking, but we would be under the water.
One day, she stopped visiting me, on the bridge, and I stopped dreaming about her. I went home, crying, and told my mom that the lady at the bridge stopped being my friend. Mom sat me down, asked a lot of questions, made a lot of calls, and told me that she had to go home to her daughter, and everything was fine.
When I got older, mom asked me if I remembered. I told her that of course I did.
Mom pulled out this old folder of old newspaper clippings. The top picture was of the woman and a little girl, probably about 4. They lived in teh trailer court a few years before my mom moved in, they went missing. A few days after they went missing, the woman was found drowned in teh creek. The hadn't found the daughter. About the time that I told my mom the woman quit visiting with me, the woman's parent identified a body that was found on the woman's ex boyfriends out of state property of being the woman's daughter.

That was the point that my mom believed I was a special, if not wierd, child.

All of my boys have conversations with empty rooms. Oldest can describe every close relative who passed before he was born, right down to their scent.

I will post more later, as I need to head out for a bit.

Oh wow.

I'm sure this isn't appropriate, considering the circumstances that bought her to you, but this struck me as a really beautiful story.