Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 382411 times)

Vegemite Girl

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »
I forgot this one - the prediction that almost broke up my parent's relationship.

My folks operated a towing firm for many years, until Dad's health deteriorated. When I was a baby Mum started to have a recurring dream about him dying on the job. It was always the same; he was hooking up a car at an intersection in town, lights blazing in the middle of the night. He would walk back to the cab, open the door to get in... and a speeding car out of control would attempt to take the corner and hit him, killing him. It was so vivid Mum could tell the colour, make and model of the car. She told him about the dream and begged him to avoid all accidents on that corner. Dad didn't believe in 'predictions' but he *did* think she was inviting trouble by insisting he was going to die. It caused a lot of arguments between them.

One night he got a call to an accident on that corner. Mum says she 'just knew' this was it, and begged him not to go, litterally; she actually got down on her knees (my Mother is an incredibly proud woman. I can imagine the Queen as a hooker more readily than I can picture my Mother begging anything of *anyone*. But she did).

Dad refused - there was no-one else who could do the job, and they needed the money. He left.

Mum went into mourning then and there. She began chain smoking and crying. She was convinced she would never see him alive again and she would be left a teenage widow with a young baby.

After a while Dad came back. He was white as a ghost, and shaking so much he couldn't light a smoke. He was also incredibly angry and yelled at Mum never to tell him "any of that s*** again!" He refused to say what happened.

A couple of weeks later he relented. Apparently he had arrived, hooked up the car, and turned to go back to the cab of the truck when he paused, unsure if he'd chained the wreck up correctly. He had an overwhelming urge to check, so he went back.

He was standing in between the truck and the wreck when the car Mum described took the corner far too fast and out of control. It came so close it make his skin tight jeans move against his leg.

If he hadn't have gone back to check the chains, he would be dead. 

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2008, 03:09:44 PM »
I forgot this one - the prediction that almost broke up my parent's relationship.

My folks operated a towing firm for many years, until Dad's health deteriorated. When I was a baby Mum started to have a recurring dream about him dying on the job. It was always the same; he was hooking up a car at an intersection in town, lights blazing in the middle of the night. He would walk back to the cab, open the door to get in... and a speeding car out of control would attempt to take the corner and hit him, killing him. It was so vivid Mum could tell the colour, make and model of the car. She told him about the dream and begged him to avoid all accidents on that corner. Dad didn't believe in 'predictions' but he *did* think she was inviting trouble by insisting he was going to die. It caused a lot of arguments between them.

One night he got a call to an accident on that corner. Mum says she 'just knew' this was it, and begged him not to go, litterally; she actually got down on her knees (my Mother is an incredibly proud woman. I can imagine the Queen as a hooker more readily than I can picture my Mother begging anything of *anyone*. But she did).

Dad refused - there was no-one else who could do the job, and they needed the money. He left.

Mum went into mourning then and there. She began chain smoking and crying. She was convinced she would never see him alive again and she would be left a teenage widow with a young baby.

After a while Dad came back. He was white as a ghost, and shaking so much he couldn't light a smoke. He was also incredibly angry and yelled at Mum never to tell him "any of that s*** again!" He refused to say what happened.

A couple of weeks later he relented. Apparently he had arrived, hooked up the car, and turned to go back to the cab of the truck when he paused, unsure if he'd chained the wreck up correctly. He had an overwhelming urge to check, so he went back.

He was standing in between the truck and the wreck when the car Mum described took the corner far too fast and out of control. It came so close it make his skin tight jeans move against his leg.

*shivers*

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
I recently noticed that if I am home alone, a very rare occurance indeed, as I mean alone, even the kids are gone. The TV will stay on.
I don't mean that I will keep it on, though normally I do, as I don't like total silence, but that the TV in the living room will not turn off. I thought it was just our old messed up TV, but our new TV does the same thing. Friend commented that it wouldn't turn off when he was alone either.
I think it's nice that she doesn't want us to be scared, but we need to explain that it's kind of freaking us out.

Stormtreader

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »

My folks operated a towing firm for many years, until Dad's health deteriorated. When I was a baby Mum started to have a recurring dream about him dying on the job.

*snip*

Every hair on my body just stood upright!  :o

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
I may have posted it before.. I cannot remember exactly if I have or not...

For all of you who wonder if you've posted one of these stories before and are reluctant to post again on the off-chance that you've already told us.....POST IT ANYWAY!!!  If we've heard it before, we'll shiver at the story again!  If we haven't heard it, we'll tremble anew! :D

GoldenGemini

• One of these days, Alice....
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2008, 06:52:32 PM »
Also I would often see dark shadowy people-shaped things watching me out of the corner of my eyes. They have never felt threatening, and I have been told that they are ancestral spirits watching over me.

I see that sort of thing, black shadowy things out of the corner of my eye.  My doctor said I had injured my retina, and if it gets worse I should come back, as it's probably detaching. :)

Now who do I believe? ;D

Consistency
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup   - Demotivators(R)

shadowfox79

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2008, 05:42:37 AM »
I may have posted it before.. I cannot remember exactly if I have or not...

For all of you who wonder if you've posted one of these stories before and are reluctant to post again on the off-chance that you've already told us.....POST IT ANYWAY!!!  If we've heard it before, we'll shiver at the story again!  If we haven't heard it, we'll tremble anew! :D

Oh OK, you've convinced me. I'm pretty sure I have posted this before, but for the benefit of anyone who didn't see it...

When I was about eight, a friend of mine went with her parents and a friend's family (two sisters and two parents) to visit a colour tunnel. In order that the colours reflected off you instead of being absorbed into your clothes, everyone was given grey ponchos to wear when they got there. I was shown the photos shortly afterwards, all of which looked much the same - one or two people in ponchos standing in white light, surrounded by what looked like a tube of swirling colours.

When we were about seventeen, my friend's grandfather passed away. She was very close to him and, feeling depressed, went digging through old photo albums looking for pictures of him.

The next morning I arrived at her house (we took the bus to school together) to find her white as a sheet and in a very strange mood. She handed me one of the photos and asked me to take a look at it. It was of her in the tunnel, smiling cheerfully, and in the corner - superimposed over the colours, but slightly transparent - was a very clear image of her grandfather, full-length in a walking pose and wearing one of the ponchos.

He hadn't been there that day, so they didn't have any pictures of him in a poncho.

He hadn't been in that shot before - I had seen it.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »
My aunt swears to this day that my great-grandfather visited her shortly after he passed on.
Auntie was a small child, and was sleeping in the livingroom at great-grandma's house. She woke up because her feet were terribly cold, and she was going to covor them back up. She looked down the couch, and her feet her covored up, but there was her grandpa, sitting at the foot of the couch, playing with her feet. Auntie hollerred for her grandma, who came into the living room, took one look at where auntie saw her grandpa, and said "No, Benton, we have discussed this, I love having you stay, but you cannot bother the children!"
Her grandpa left, auntie's feet warmed up, and her grandma went back into her room.
The next morning at breakfast, when auntie asked about it, great-grandma denied anyhting of the sort, but up intil the day she died, if anyone walked into a room when great-grandma was alone, we would hear her talking to Benton, and reminding him not to tease the children.

I once lived in an appartment for three days. That is how long it took for me to figure out how to break the lease without penalty. I cannot explain why this bothered me so much, but the inside of the bedroom closet was always pitch black. The closet was across from the bedroom window. Didn't matter if it was day or night, it was black in there. The unit I looked at was fine, but when I went to move in, the landlord told me that the unit above had a water leak, so I had to take a different one. The one she gave me (with the closet) never felt right. If I didn't have a moving truck full ofstuff, Iwould have walked away immediately.
The first night, I realized that the closet door would not stay shut, and it just had a bad feel eminating from it.

For those who are in Iowa-any of you know of the thirteen steps cemetary? That isn't the actual name, but that's what it's known as?

When I lived in Iowa, I occasionally had to drive past it at night. Once, when I was driving with some friends, we hit what we think was a cayote. Male friend got out of the vehicle, saw we had hit an animal, that it wasn't moving, and tried to call animal control. We had to try three different cell phones until we could get any sort of a signal. Once he got through, he stepped back out of the car, and described exactly what we hit, and how it happened to the animal control officer.
The cayote litterally came out of no where. It was just there, in the headlights, right before I hit it.

The animal control guy comes out, walks around the car, walks up to the car, and knocks on the window. When we open the wondow he proceeds to ask us what direction the animal went as it walked away? We never saw it leave. It was not breathing when it was looked at, but when the control guy got there, it was gone, completely, no sign on the car or the road that an animal had been hit.

Animal control guy said that sometimes, these things happen, and sent up on our way. Before we pulled out, Male friend calls the peron we were supposed to meet, to let them know we were running late-on his cell, which wasn't working before.

About two miles before we got to our destination, we see three cars in the ditch. Two of them are totalled, one looks like it stopped to help. The accident happened earlier that night. Once again, had we not been held up, we would have been on the stretch of read when the accident happened.
My car, btw, quit working completely the naxt day.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
BUMP! :)

CreteGirl

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 08:00:33 PM »
Things that go bump in the night  ;)

EJM3387

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »
As some of you have probably read in some of my previous posts, my dad died 2 years ago. About one year ago I was visiting my best friend at her house that she shares with her DH. Her mom reads cards and is very intuitive and sees things and talks to spirits. She was coming over with BF's dad one night while I was visiting because she said she had been meditating a few nights before and I popped into her head and she had this sense of needing to see me.
   When she arrived that night she was telling me about what had happened and said she wanted to perform rakie(I'm spelling it how it sounds, I'm not sure of the actual spelling) on me which is some kind of spiritual/calming ritual you do to someone. We went into BFs bedroom, alone, and I laid down on the bed. She had her hands a few inches above my body and was moving them all around the length of my entire body.  Halfway through there was a knock on the wall above my head. Th knock continued all around the room, along every single wall(we were on the second floor and two of the walls had only the outside on the other side of them). She said while this happened she could hear several different voices around us and something that sounded like tinkling bells. I could hear the knocking, but not the other sounds she did, but while it was happening I had an overwhelming feeling of calm come over me. It was extremely bizarre and I know how weird it sounds, but it literally sounded like someone was going around the whole room, knocking on the walls along the way.

Issa

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »
This thread always makes me shiver! I've always been a little bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to unexplained events.

In my own story, I didn't really *see* anything, but I had a feeling. BF and I were visiting a museum, which had once been a group of normal buildings, but had been turned into into a sort of prison/death camp during a time of conflict in this particular country. Many thousands of people, including children, had been imprisoned, tortured and murdered in this place. Understandably while interesting historically it was really a sad and depressing place. BF and I looked around for a couple of hours, and at one point we decided to climb the stairs in the building we were in and go to a different floor.

I don't think this floor had been really cleaned up and made presentable to the public yet, but it wasn't cordoned off or anything. As soon as I stepped foot on that floor I thought "get out get out get out" in my head. I could literally feel this heavy and dark feeling bearing down on me and I was instantly claustrophobic. I can't really explain it any other way. BF was uneasy too. I pretty much ran back down those stairs, almost tripping I might add! Scary! 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:40:14 PM by Issa »

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »
These stories are incredible! 

This is a story about my nephew's guardian angel.

Back when nephew no. 1 was about 5 or 6, my sister's family was living in Merced, California.  One day she was walking down the street with N1 and his brother (N2), and N1 got the urge to run out into the street.  Sis took off after him, but out of nowhere a man raced into the street and grabbed N1 right before he would have been hit by a car.  Sis told me she turned around to thank the man...and he was gone.  She and her two young sons were standing on a sidewalk next to a park, and there was no one else around. 

Another story:  About six months later Sis, both nephews, and I went to a store in Sacramento.  I was happily perusing bargains when Sis came up to me and asked me if I'd seen N1.  I hadn't, so I immediately stopped what I was doing and started looking for him.  We eventually found him outside the store sitting in a meter maid's cart.  The meter maid told us that a man had brought N1 over to her, and when she'd gotten N1 settled in his seat she turned to ask the man some questions, and he was gone.  This took about 30 seconds.  N1 told us that he had walked across the busy street to a park, and the man had taken him by the hand, crossed at the crosswalk, and had taken him right to the meter maid. 

My nephew is now almost 30, and is going back for his third tour in Iraq.  I hope his guardian angel keeps up the good work.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2008, 12:59:34 AM »
Bumping this up for one of our posters.

veraobsession

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2008, 03:14:45 AM »
Yeah...that poster would be me. I have TONS of these tails. Like my best friend Sarah that I had when I was a little girl. I cant remember what she looked like but I do remember that she went everywhere with me and just one day was gone. I do remember that Sarah couldnt see, because I told this to my mom several times. Mom remembers me telling her "sarah cant see it, she has to feel it."

Several years later we had added a second story onto our house and my little brother used to sleep in my bed because the noice of the house settling scared him. He was about 4 so I was 10. One night I jerked awake to see the back of a little girl siting at the foot of the bed. She had on a pale dress, and short curly hair with a bow in the back. I sat up in bed to blink a few times and adjust my eyes and she started slowly turning around to look at me. She looked like normal girl except for her eyes. Where her eyes were suppoused to be were just big black holes. Then my little brother sat up in bed, screamed, and kicked at her. She....like....sucked down through the bed. The amazing thing was that both my brother and I fell back asleep.

The next day I mentioned something to my mom abuot it and she laughed it of as a dream. Later that night she said something to my Dad and my brother had told my dad about seeing a girl with no eyes on sisters bed. Brother and I had NOT talked about it.