Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 366848 times)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2008, 06:55:43 AM »
Yeah...that poster would be me. I have TONS of these tails. Like my best friend Sarah that I had when I was a little girl. I cant remember what she looked like but I do remember that she went everywhere with me and just one day was gone. I do remember that Sarah couldnt see, because I told this to my mom several times. Mom remembers me telling her "sarah cant see it, she has to feel it."

Several years later we had added a second story onto our house and my little brother used to sleep in my bed because the noice of the house settling scared him. He was about 4 so I was 10. One night I jerked awake to see the back of a little girl siting at the foot of the bed. She had on a pale dress, and short curly hair with a bow in the back. I sat up in bed to blink a few times and adjust my eyes and she started slowly turning around to look at me. She looked like normal girl except for her eyes. Where her eyes were suppoused to be were just big black holes. Then my little brother sat up in bed, screamed, and kicked at her. She....like....sucked down through the bed. The amazing thing was that both my brother and I fell back asleep.

The next day I mentioned something to my mom abuot it and she laughed it of as a dream. Later that night she said something to my Dad and my brother had told my dad about seeing a girl with no eyes on sisters bed. Brother and I had NOT talked about it.

That would terrify me. Just seeing the "thing" turning, then the black eyes. I'm amazed you could fall back asleep.

Reika

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2008, 09:13:08 AM »
Issa's story reminded me of something that happened to me.

In my early to mid 20s I was big on the road trip thing with a group of friends. In this particular case it was myself and two friends, the one who was driving at the time decided (with everyone's agreement) to cut through DC on our way to catch some sights. At one point he stopped at a red light and I suddenly got a horrible headache, sick to my stomach, scared out of my mind and it seemed like the sky had clouded up into a thunderstorm, even though the sun was still shining. Just as I was starting to say something, my other friend (the one not driving) started to complain of the same thing, the guy driving said to give it a few moments and we'd be fine.

Once the light turned green and we went on our way, my friend and I were fine just 2-3 streets later. That was when our friend who was driving informed us that we had been near the Holocaust Museum, he didn't think to warn us since most people he knows only get a sad, not the reactions we had.

tael

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2008, 03:24:11 PM »
I've had a few minor weird experiences, none probably as freaky as what's been posted, but eh. XD

Okay, so ever since I moved into my bedroom at my parents' house (this was in the 4th grade, previously I was in a different room across the hall, and my brother was in the room that I now call my room. Brother moved downstairs into the new big bedroom that was created when the kitchen got renovated), I've had piles of weird little experiences.
- the most common of these is the constant feeling of being watched after dark. At some points, I didn't even want to change in my room. I always have a feeling that there is something in the corner of the room, just staring. Sometimes, it moves - closer to my bed, and then stares some more.
- you know those touch lamps? I had one for about almost a year, I think. What made me get rid of it was this incident: One night, I noticed the light flickering on. I just figured it was my movement shaking the ground around it, triggering it, and ignored it. Sat down to start studying, and out of the corner of my eye, I would watch it turn on. Again, I figured, I was triggering it - my desk is almost right next to my night table. I suddenly thought maybe I should just stop moving. I sat perfectly still, moving only my head. And in the corner of my eye again, I saw it, very slowly, tap on, going through the three lighting levels twice. I bolted and told my parents about it. They didn't believe me. I switched lamps the next day.
- I hate dolls. I just hate them. And I have a rather creepy porcelain doll that looks something like I do, but with orange eyes. Around the fifth grade, I got creeped out enough by it that I started turning in face into the wall. However, she would never stay in that direction, and over a period of a week, I would find it turned counter-clockwise, slowly, back out. After a while, I stuffed her in my closet. (My mother has only found out about two years ago that porcelain dolls scare me. She also was not the person who was turning the doll back around, but she now knows why the doll is in my closet. XD)
- Every now and again, I would get these bursts of sound in my ears - usually screams, but occasionally, I hear trains. I have not heard these since I've moved on-campus for university.
- My room is on the other side of the deck, outside. So anything that goes on out there, I can hear. On two very different occasions, I heard footsteps, walking up and down the stairwell, around the deck, the occasional thud - for at least two hours. I couldn't see outside because my blinds reflect back onto my window. The second time this happened, the windchime we had out on the deck would actually pause so I could hear the steps more clearly. This was at about 12:30, 1:00 at night. No one was out there, and it was not the wind, because wind does not creak steps like that.
- Once, I was listening to EVPs on my dad's computer (I'm really really interested in this stuff, if you hadn't noticed. XD), and before I could manage to get (I can't remember if it was the third or fourth one) the file to load - boom. Computer turned itself off. It just literally shut off. I restart it, but I didn't get the message of "your computer was shut down improperly. Start Windows normally?". It just turned off. Baffling.
- I once heard a low, deep voice in the bathroom. I can remember that it said, "I am here" or something along those lines. I flew out of there.

I'm basically the only one in my house who continually experiences these things, but my cat is definitely seeing something (my mom said that she watched Cat sit at the top of the stairs, peering down at the dark room down there, occasionally skittering back, but then peering again, like she was watching something down there, and was trying to hide. She blurted, "Cat. Stop it. You're creeping me out." My cat made no acknowledgement of the fact that someone had spoken to her - and she usually does, and just kept staring), and there was this one day that my mom smelled tobacco. No one in my house smokes. She said it smelled like the kind my grandfather (at this point, at least 29 years dead) smoked. We also both smelled freshly washed potatoes that night. That was just weird.

Yeah, they're pretty much minor things, but there's a lot of them. XD

Vegemite Girl

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »
A story from when I was flatting, at Uni.

I was having trouble with my flatmates, and had vented to both my Mum and my Gran asking for advice. One night I was in bed, trying to sleep and not able to, when I began to hear static from inside my head. I could actually hear it with my ears but it was coming from inside my head. I looked at the clock, was disgusted to see the time (just after 1:30am) as I really needed sleep; I had a full-on day the next day. After about half an hour the static stopped and I finally fell asleep.

A couple of days later I was talking on the phone to Mum and she mentioned that Gran had been feeling bad about the situation I was in, and she had been unable to sleep for worry, so she lay in bed sending me 'comfort vibes'. At 1:30 in the morning, on the day I'd been hearing the static.

ccnumber4

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »
This is a fascinating thread. 

I grew up in a house that dated back to the 1800s and had been used as a hospital for a time during the early 1900s.  You would think this house would be ripe with "happenings" and such, but nope.  I got nothin'. 

I still love old houses and sometimes browse the internet, looking at for sale postings for them.  A couple weeks ago, I found a great site with lots of fun listings.  For me, the older the better.  There was one, though, which caught my attention because it is very close to where my parents live now.  It was very old and very grand, but every last picture of it creeped me right the heck out.  There didn't seem to be anything vastly different about it compared to the pics of the houses that I did like, but that one just made my skin crawl. 

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »
Bumping up.  I need more stories! :D

Boots

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
I too have a bunch of these stories. Me, my Mom and sister all have some sort of sensitivity.

Here's the most recent.

We just moved back to this house after being gone from it for 7 years.  When we lived here before I was constantly hearing, seeing, feeling things.   Not malevolent, and I didn't really mind it too much, and I am fairly comfortable with this stuff since it's been happening since I was a child, but when my dd, who was around 4 at the time told me she didn't want to go to bed because "the ghost was going to come see me" I knew I had to do something.  So I put the kids to bed and when I was alone I spoke aloud and acknowledged to the spirit how I knew he was here and I didn't mind so much, but I could not have him scaring my children. Things settled down.

Well, we moved back here  a year ago.  My first night in this house, sleeping on an air mattress, I am awakened by a man's voice yelling "BOOTS" directly in my ear!!! I bolted upright, heart racing and then I laughed and said, "You turd, you're still here aren't you?"
BUT, I again had a conversation and told him it's okay, but to keep it quiet and not scare anyone.  All has been good.

zoidberg

« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »
ETA: I too love such stories, so keep them coming!

I've had a few experiences but here is the one that scared me the most:

My BF and I used to have a favourite place to meet in the village where we grew up. It was on top of a woody hill where some benches stood. There was a parking lot nearby but we seldom ever saw other people there. It was quite remote and you really had to know about it to find it, so no tourists. We loved that spot and even spent the night there a few times because we felt utterly at peace there. (And I hate the dark and am easily scared. This really was a special spot).

Now, BF is not at ALL someone who believes in anything else than what he can see. He really enjoys finding scientific explanations for phenomena I believe in. But even he was creeped out majorly by what happened there one night and refuses to talk about it. We were at our usual place, talking and having a laugh. It was already dark but it was still warm and we were sitting on one of the benches.

And then we heard a sound. It sounded exactly likes someone dragging some heavy object over gravel. Then silence. At first we thought it might be a car on the nearby graveled parking lot. Sometimes a wheel slips on the gravel and it sounds like "dragging". But we heard the sound again and again and we didn't hear engine noise. It sounded like somebody was dragging something heavy over the gravelled walkway to the benches and that someone needed a break to gather his strength in between, so that's why the silences between the sounds.

We were really puzzled by then because the sounds were getting closer but we saw absolutely no one on the gravelled walkway. The sounds were now so close that we HAD to have seen someone nearby. It was freaking us out enough but then such a feeling of dread descended on us that I could hardly breathe. I just managed to grab BF and say "Let's get out of here!" He did NOT need to be told twice and he would normally always stay to investigate "ghostly stuff" in order to prove me wrong. But he felt it too. We ran to his car on the parking lot and I really wanted to take a last look at the place where the noises came from but it was as if my neck was paralyzed. I COULDN'T turn my head. We jumped in the car and went home.

We tried going back to the place but even in daylight it never felt good again. It just felt ... wrong. As if we were trespassing. As if someone didn't want us there. And even BF admitted to this feeling of transgression. I have NO idea what we experienced that day. Suggestions welcome.

----------------------
Like other posters I've had someone call my name in my head. It was always such an intense feeling that I was shaky for a few hours after it. One time I heard it in my mothers voice in a very urgent tone.

That evening my mother called to tell me that she had had an accident (crashed against a tree, but nothing happened except for car damage). She told me that the second she realised she was going to crash my name shot into her head because she had been worried about me lately and didn't want to leave me to deal with life without her.

------------------------

I've also had a dream that has freaked me out like no other. My dreams are normally very jumbled and don't make much sense. This one however was like watching a movie, it was that realistic. It was a dream about a woman who had killed several girls who had been either her maids or had been put in care with her.  It must have been quite some time ago because the manner of dressing and the house (an old farm house) suggest so. It was also quite clear that this woman was somewhere in the U.S. in a remote region (which is really weird because I live in Germany and at that time hadn't ever been to the States.) I specifically dreamed the place where she buried one of her victims (which was under the floor boards of her barn).

At the very end of the dream the woman told me her name. It was Ada May Wood. Now I have googled that name again and again and although I've found a few Ada May Woods (mostly on cemetery plot sites, I suppose it was a pretty common name) I certainly didn't find articles about a murderer called that. But I won't ever forget that dream. It was so realistic I was convinced I'd find a whole slew of stories about her.

Gah, now I've freaked myself out again.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:49:48 AM by nischi »

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »
Well, I don't know if this is something you want to hear, but in Ada Oklahome, there is a maywood neighborhood.

zoidberg

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »
Well, I don't know if this is something you want to hear, but in Ada Oklahome, there is a maywood neighborhood.

Wow, that IS creepy! But thanks for telling me, I've always had the feeling that there was something to that name...

I'm VERY glad at the moment that BF will be sleeping next to me tonight!

Tabris

• Philangelus
  • Super Hero!
  • I rock!
    • Seven Archangels: Annihilation
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2008, 09:27:55 PM »

Dotty, I've posted something for the weblog tour that you might like for the "OOOOH!" factor.

http://philangelus.wordpress.com/2008/04/09/blog-tour-2/

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to ease than the hunger for bread." ~Mother Teresa

Tabris is on indefinite hiatus. You can still visit me at my weblog. Thank you.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2008, 10:46:27 PM »

Dotty, I've posted something for the weblog tour that you might like for the "OOOOH!" factor.

What a cool story!  I love it!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »

What a cool story!  I love it!

I guess your Guardian Angel LIKES being *YOUR* Guardian Angel, if the "favorite city" is where the honeymoon suite you were conceived in was/is located!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Tabris

• Philangelus
  • Super Hero!
  • I rock!
    • Seven Archangels: Annihilation
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
I guess your Guardian Angel LIKES being *YOUR* Guardian Angel, if the "favorite city" is where the honeymoon suite you were conceived in was/is located!

I think so too. It took me a long while to accept that, but I think you're right.  (*sniff*)

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to ease than the hunger for bread." ~Mother Teresa

Tabris is on indefinite hiatus. You can still visit me at my weblog. Thank you.

Reddie321

• Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »
Reposting a few stories for all interested parties:

Some BG, I now live in a three bedroom townhouse with two other girls (S & B).  Ours is an end unit, so we only share one wall.  Whens B's boyfriend (G) was visiting over the holidays (and S & I were out of town), they were apparently awakened in the early hours of the morning by the downstairs TV.  G went downstairs to first figure out what it was, and then to turn it off (white noise, by the way).  Just as he picked up the remote to turn it off, it turned itself off!

One night a few weeks ago, I was making dinner while my roommates were both out.  While I was waiting on some water to boil, I went upstairs to my room to straighten up, then went back downstairs. As I'm cooking, I hear noises that are definitely NOT coming from our wall neighbors.  Directly above my head (so, in B's bedroom), I hear what sounds like furniture moving around and dresser drawers opening and closing (like someone was rearranging furniture and putting away laundry).  I figured I missed B coming home while I was tidying up, so I didn't think anything of it.  After a few minutes of that, I decided it was going on longer than normal, so of course I decided to go investigate.  I called B's name up the stairs, and then went into her room when I heard no answer.  NO ONE was there.  I hightailed it back downstairs and kept cooking with the stereo on LOUD!  I told S about it when she got home and she beat me to the description of the noises!  Apparently she's only heard them when she's home alone, too!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:51:45 AM by Reddie321 »