Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 366319 times)

TiggerFive

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2008, 08:39:02 AM »
Great thread!  Bumping and chiming in.

Rented a house several years ago with a good friend.  Things started disappearing.  Her brush was simply gone one morning--we searched everywhere for it--nada.  We came home one day about a week later, she went into her room and called my name.  Her brush was sitting on top of her large jewelry box in the center of her dresser...

Other things, like earrings.  Take them off, leave them on the coffee table, come out in the morning and one was gone. 

Once we realized that it was always "girly" stuff, we figured we had a female entity.  She was never mean, always playful and we'd just say things like, "ok, you're funny--now bring it back, please."  It always showed up, somewhere else.

When we moved out, we invited her to go with us, but she stayed there.

TiggerFive

« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »
Then there is my best friend.  When she was little, she saw people's auras.  She'd tell her parents that she didn't like that man because he was "all black on the edges" or she liked that lady "because she was the same color as the roses".  Being Hispanic Catholics (with a good dose of Latin superstition tossed in), it scared the holy bejabbers out of her folks and they hushed her up, so she pushed it away.

She doesn't see auras anymore but her first impression of a person is ALWAYS dead on.  Always.  If she has a feeling about something, I've always trusted it.

Tig

TiggerFive

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
Last one-promise.  ;D  My best friend again.

She and I both lost heart dogs--she was really worried about them since our religion taught that animals don't have souls.  She just couldn't fathom that love & spirit being gone.  So, one night, she went to the "Rainbow Bridge" in her dreams.  (FYI, it's not really a bridge and there wasn't a rainbow, she went to an enormous cavern that was warm and friendly feeling and was filled with every animal imaginable, not just cats and dogs.)  Chow and Dogger bounded out of the crowd, so excited to see her.  They were happy she was there and my guy told her to tell me that he loved me.  They said they were happy and were waiting for us.  :)

She was so relaxed about them after this dream that I never doubted that she visited. 

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »
Then there is my best friend.  When she was little, she saw people's auras.  She'd tell her parents that she didn't like that man because he was "all black on the edges" or she liked that lady "because she was the same color as the roses".  Being Hispanic Catholics (with a good dose of Latin superstition tossed in), it scared the holy bejabbers out of her folks and they hushed her up, so she pushed it away.

She doesn't see auras anymore but her first impression of a person is ALWAYS dead on.  Always.  If she has a feeling about something, I've always trusted it.

Tig

Oh she still sees them - she has just learned to "keep it underground"  and probably doesn't relize that is how she is making jugements on people.

I can "feel" an aura better than I can "see" one.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2008, 12:09:16 PM »
k. I'm going to add mine then go back and read!!

When i was 3, we lived in Monterey CA.  The apartment was L shaped and at the corner was a breezeway.  We lived on the second floor.  During the day I walked around (it was 1967.. we did that!) and was fine.  I woiuld go to the breezeway and listen to the people talking, laughing, having fun.  There was also drums.  I couldn't SEE anybody, but I heard them.  My parents told me it was someone's tv. 

I was fine with the windows open during the day.  Didn't bother me one bit.  However, if someone so much as cracked a window open at night, I would come running out of my room screaming that "They were trying to get me!!"  i was seeing Native Americans peering in my window.  They were MAD.  I could see their war paint and they were holding tomahawks.  Remember... we lived on the second floor.

My parents would come in and try to show me that there was nobody.  I could still see them.  They were trying to get in.  Only that glass was preventing them from entering.  EAch time the lights went out, they'd bang on the glass.  this went on for months.

One day my dad was poking around the library and discovered the apartment was on an ancient Indian burial ground.

We moved.  that day.

Another one... since I am a ghost magnet.  :)  My mom had me check a house for ghosts before she moves in.  Her and her bf were going to rent his HUGE incredible awesome house with a porch that wrapped around the entire second floor.  The view was amazing.  The kitchen was a chef's dream.  Lots of rooms, big airy living room.

I pulled up to the house and it has a wonderful feel to it.  i walked into the 'music room' and it felt fine.  I wasn't sensing anything.  Everything was bright and airy and there were lots of windows.  I walked down the hall into a wall of black.  I coudln't breath and it was freakishly cold.  I quickly walked out and said "put something green there RIGHT NOW" so my mom put her potted spider plant in the hallway.  My mom said to leave my son downstairs (he was 3 at the time) and I said "OH (many cuss words) NO!!"

We went upstairs to check the rest of the house.  We walked through the kitchen  into the upstairs hallway and I found a pocket door for the kitchen.  I LOVE pocket doors!  I closed it and we went down the hall.  We suddenly smelled sewage, and a lot of it.  I looked in the window sills and saw lots of dead flies.  The sewage smell was getting bad so I said "YOU can live here if you want but I will never come visit you" and started walking away.  My mom and her bf followed me. 

We got back to the kitchen and the pocket door had been opened.  We were the only ones in the house.  My mom started to freak a bit.  I went downstairs to go out to my car and my mom was right behind me. 

Remember that potted spider plant?  Well, it had been ripped up and there was dirt scattered from one end of the downstairs to the other.  My mom and her bf didn't rent that place. 

I did ghost check another house for them.  THere is an old lady ghost in the kitchen, but she's a sweetie.  She just wanted to make sure whoever got her house was happy there.  There is also a ghost of a orange cat who sometimes sits in the back yard. 
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »
I will preface this by admitting that I have been on narcotic grade painkillers for the last few days, but Hubby and our kitten both reacted, too.
I had a same day surgical procedure on thursday. I got home, and was feeling pretty good. Right around bedtime, I started to feel not so good. This is to be expected, as the hospitol drugs are leaving my system, etc... Hubby, after taking care of me all day, decided to hop on the computer. I really started to feel dizzy, needed to get to the bathroom, couldn't get there on my own. In a thirty second period, the dining room light burnt out, my bedroom door slammed open, and the cat shot out of my room all sorts of puffy and yowling. I heard, clear as day, my grandma, who died before I was even dating Hubby, yell out his name, and berate him for not checking on me sooner. Hubby ran into the room, asked why I was yalling at him, and why the cat clawed the heck out of his arm.
He got me to the bathroom, I was OK, all said and done, and the kitten was fine after a little bit, but whenever Hubby was on the computer for more than an hour at a shot, until today, when I am officially "in the clear" the lights in the computer room would flicker, and he would get a chill.

Whenever I was ill when I was younger, my grandma would take care of me, and was fierce about making sure I got my meds exactly when I was supposed to, made sure I went to the bathroom periodically, etc...

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »
Grandma's still taking care of you, and sent the cat in to "remind" him
how sweet
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

TiggerFive

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2008, 09:28:03 PM »
[

Oh she still sees them - she has just learned to "keep it underground"  and probably doesn't relize that is how she is making jugements on people.

I can "feel" an aura better than I can "see" one.
[/quote]

Thanks, Suze.  That makes sense to me.  She is an amazingly sensitive woman.  I trust her feelings implicitly.  (Hope I quoted this exchange properly).

If she tells me to avoid a person, I know that there is a reason to do so.  She's never been wrong. 

Tig     

Yarnspinner

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »
Adding a couple of stories from friends and then coming back to read in the morning when I won't be so creeped out (it's gettin' dark here, guys! I'm scared.)

1) A friend of mine and his daughter both tell this story:  J's Dad died long before J's daughter was born.  However, his daughter, S, swears her grandpa looked out for her anyway.  One day, S was eager to get outside for some reason.  She was about nine years old, I think.  J told her to take it easy, not be so impatient.  S was having none of it.  She was going outside to play NOW.

So she took off running with J in hot pursuit.  And, on the top stone step of the outside stairs, S took a header.  She should have wound up at the bottom of the stair well, with a broken skull.

Instead, what J saw was this:  S fell, but as she fell, straight forward to the stone path, her body suddenly raised up at the last minute and was deposited, FLIPPED OVER, into the soft grass.

S, being S, (I have never met such a nonchalant kid) got up, brushed herself off and said "Thanks, Grandpa" and continued on her merry way.

J darn near wet his pants.

2) Another friend tells the story of her room at college.  There was a shelf over her bed that had a slight tilt to it.  She would keep her books on it, but she always kept something heavy mounted at the bottom part of the tilt to keep the books from sliding off.

And yet, she would wake up some days with the books in her bed...and the heavy nicknack undisturbed.  So, one night she and her room mate put the books on and stayed up to watch...as the books did indeed, go off the shelf--sliding UP the inclined shelf and falling onto the bed.  She removed the shelf ASAP.

3) One of our library branches is said to be haunted.  (I have never seen anything there, but the place would creep almost anyone out.  It's dreary, dingy and the downstairs looks like one of those places characters in j-horror films are always finding ghosts--dark and crowded here, open and empty there.)  Anyway, one of the staff was setting up a cart of books to shelve the next day.  She put them in alphabetical order, by author, then took them in to the room where they were to be shelved. 

When she came in the next morning, the books were still on the cart, still in alphabetical order---but piled up in a straight tower in the center of the cart.  She thought the maintenace man was playing a trick on her, until she got the call that he was out sick that day.

4) Same branch.  The woman supervising that branch was alone in the upstairs area, waiting while a group finished their meeting downstairs.  When the group was done, they came upstairs and said goodnight.  My colleague saw them to the door and locked it, then turned around to go back downstairs, collect her things, turn out the lights and leave.

She saw a woman from the group heading back down the stairs.  Thinking the lady had forgotten something, she went downstairs, to the meeting room and saw--an empty room.  She started searching through the dark and dreary storage areas and in the lady's room.  When she couldn't find anyone, she collected her things and ran out of the place so fast she almost forgot to lock the door.

And now I am afraid I won't sleep tonight for telling you these stories which aren't even that scary......

bionelly

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:16 AM »
I have several stories, but they're all pretty minor compared to some of the ones here!  Still, as long as everybody's sharing...

1. A few weeks after my dad died, my mom had an extremely vivid dream about him.  She said she could actually feel the hairs on his arm, and it truly felt like he was there.  She believes he was letting her know that he was okay.

2. Before my dad died, he was in school to be a dentist.  He had a little packet of gold for making fillings.  After he died, mom couldn't find it, although she was certain it was kept in a particular drawer.  She moved, and in the course of the move the drawer was emptied, and the contents packed.  Some time passed, and mom eventually looked in that drawer for something else.  The packet was there, right where she had thought it would be...but where was it during the move?

3. About places having certain personalities - when my grandmother was put in a nursing home, a group of relatives went to her house to clean it out and get it ready for sale.  There was some really horrific child abuse that had happened in that house, and you could definitely sense that it was not a good place.  At one point, we were all in the kitchen looking out the window, and everyone there was convinced that there was a dead dog in the backyard.  When someone actually went outside to look, there was nothing there.

4. When DH was a kid, he went to a school that was down the street from a hotel that was well-known for being haunted.  He went to the bathroom by himself one day, and on the way back he saw a man dressed in turn-of-the-century clothes blocking his way to the door.  This man gave off an intense sense of evil, and in fact DH thinks he may have been a demon, rather than a ghost.  DH managed to dodge past him, but he refused to go to the bathroom by himself at that school after that.

5. The apartment we live in now is in a building that dates to the late 1800's.  We regularly have things happen like doors popping open by themselves and the dog barking for no apparent reason.  One night, the speakers for the computer made a loud humming noise for about half an hour.  Both the computer and the speakers themselves were shut off at the time. 

Mrs.E

• AKA: Micha, SoontobeMrs.E
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2008, 06:24:49 PM »
Okay, I don't usually talk about this since no one believes me but you guys seem very open minded. I was living with my roomate/best college friend in a duplex that wasn't really old but seemed to have a history...does that make sense? Anyway I loved this place, small with hardwood floors and a great floor plan. You walked in the front door to the living room. Straight behind the l.r. was the kitchen, then a long hallway with the washer dryer, my bedroom, roomates bedroom and the bathroom @ the end of the hall. The majority of "the occurrences" happened in the bathroom and my roomates bedroom. The first odd thing that happened was our neighbor (the witch lady) woke us up at 3 in the morning by banging on our door and yelling at us to stop banging on the walls....which ticked me off because she was always complaining about us keeping her up while we were asleep. For a while we just thought she was crazy....until.... we had 3 friends get stuck in the bathroom on 3 separate occasions, the door didn't lock it just wouldn't open, we had to take the doorknob off to get them out. There were these odd rust colored stains on the top of the toilet tank and side of the cabinet beside the shower that would come back minutes after we washed them off. I started leaving the door open when no one was home and I had to use the bathroom so I didn't get locked in but then I could hear footsteps coming down the hall when there was nothing there. ( I could see all the way down the hall into the living room with the bathroom door open) The last straw was the night that I woke up because my cat was hissing at something in the corner and at the same time my roomate ran into my room and jumped into bed with me shaking and almost hysterical. She said she woke up because she felt her cat playing with her feet and it was tickling her, she kicked at it, felt nothing there and looked over to see her cat asleep on the pillow beside her. My cat was closed in the room with me and started hissing seconds before my roomate came running in the room. We moved out shortly after.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2008, 08:06:17 PM »
she felt her cat playing with her feet and it was tickling her, she kicked at it, felt nothing there and looked over to see her cat asleep on the pillow beside her.

I did that one time......but it was something tickling me on the face.  And, it was a roach.  EWWWWWWWW! :D

(Ok, I'm shuddering just thinking about it again! :D)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
I haven’t finished reading the thread yet, but I thought I would submit my own story. I remember this all down to the detail on the ceiling of my bedroom.

Years ago, when I was about 9, my family rented a house in FL for our vacation. My brother was an infant at this time (not even old enough to roll over without help). The way the house was set up – the master suite was on one side of the house, then there was the kitchen/living room/dining room and after that a hallway where the bedrooms my siblings and I slept in.

I slept in a room with my brother’s crib. I remember being excited because I got to have a double bed where my sisters had to share a room with a pair of twin beds. After the night I am talking about, I was thankful that they didn’t question the fact that I very much preferred sleeping on the floor between them.

I woke up in a cold sweat – feeling absolutely terrified – more terrified than I have ever been or hopefully ever will be. The first thing that struck me was that I absolutely could not move. It wasn’t like my body wasn’t listening to me – every muscle in my whole body was so tense it was seriously painful. The next thing I realized – my baby brother was screaming. Not crying – screaming. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard an infant screaming, but it is deeply… disturbing isn’t strong enough a word. It just sounded – unnatural.

I managed to turn my head – but it hurt so much. There was a white (as in not in Technicolor) woman and she was reaching into his crib. His torso was half off the mattress (remember – he couldn’t even roll over at the time). The woman’s hair was blocking her face, and she wasn’t paying any attention to me until the moment I gasped in fear. She looked right at me through a pair of glasses and I was too scared to scream. Then she immediately disappeared.

Oh and it doesn’t end there. I grabbed my brother and ran down the hall to the living room. I sat on the couch, facing the TV. The TV reflected the hallway I had just run down. As I was crying and rocking back and forth with my brother, I felt that feeling of terror coming back. I looked up at the TV – she was coming down the hall at us. She was walking in this jaunty step and I just KNEW she wanted to hurt me – she was evil and she wanted to hurt me and my brother. I screamed, closed my eyes – and ran into my parents’ room.

My father was disgusted when I finally blurted out that I had seen a ghost. He told me to “go back to bed.” But my mom said I was so pale and shaking that she knew I had seen something. Her side of the family is sensitive to ghosts, so she believed me. She moved the baby’s bed into the master suite with them and put me on the floor in my sister’s room for the rest of vacation.

That was the most terrifying experience. I still have nightmares and I am so terrified that I will wake up and SHE will be there. Sometimes I can’t sleep at night. Definitely not a friendly ghost experience.  :-\
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Warbaby

• "Duty, Honor, Country"
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:57 PM »
Not an experience, but a comment:  My Beloved saw and felt things that I couldn't.  She always said that there were both evil and good spirits/presences in our world. 

From what little I have felt over the years, she was right on the money.  Some of her sensitivity apparently rubbed off on me because I now feel things that I never could before.  Not strongly, but if there is something there, I can usually feel it.

Folks, I've been through too much in my life to scare easily, but there are some things I've felt that were positively evil and had evil intentions.  I've never understood why they can't carry out these intentions, but apparently they need a human host to do so.  Understand that is my best guess.
"May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live." - R. Heinlein

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »
Ok, I've been watching a show about ghosts, and now I need some updates to
our thread!