Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

"No, Sorry He's Not Invited"

(1/2) > >>

cryofsilence_ed:
Alright, so there are these two sisters I'm friends with. Anyways, so last time I hung with them for lunch, one of them asked if her boyfriend could come. I thought about it, I remember he was an awesome guy last time I talked to him. So why not, right?

WRONG!!! Nothing personal, but it's hard to have a conversation when they're just talking about their own stuff, etc. I felt like I was just the fourth wheel, if that is the correct term. Ironically, I was the one who organized the lunch get-together. Yeah, they're all cool peeps, but man...put the three of them all together, it's just so freaking hard to have a decent conversation, kinda makes me feel a bit left out unless I did some sort of magic trick that would get their attention.

I dunno, next time we get together again, I'm just specifically gonna say that I want it to be the three of us only. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I just think this way it'd be easier for us to catch up with each other.

What do the rest of you think? Any advice?? Maybe I just didn't try hard enough to have a conversation with them??

goblue2539:
I think you're fine.  Say you missed having "girl time" at the last lunch, and that's what you'd really like to plan. 

Be prepared though.  You'll find out in a hurry where you rank if she/they refuse to come without him.  I hope that's not what happens and I'm just being a cynic though. 

cryofsilence_ed:
heh, pretty funny how you said "girl time" since I am a dude myself.  ;D ;D ;D

And yeah, my next invite is just gonna say that I specifically wanted to be just the three of us. They're pretty understanding usually, and we've never had any serious arguments or fights....yet. lol.

goblue2539:

--- Quote from: cryofsilence_ed on February 15, 2008, 07:34:42 PM ---heh, pretty funny how you said "girl time" since I am a dude myself.  ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

Sorry!  That's what I get for assuming. 

Change girl to us time, and it still works though.  Let us know how it goes!

Shortcake:
I agree with goblue, try asking for "us" time. I hope it works out for you! Let us know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version