Author Topic: Snow shoveling  (Read 1174 times)

weber06

Snow shoveling
« on: February 14, 2007, 03:55:44 PM »
So we finally got a large storm today.  And while I was driving to work my windshield wipers froze over.  And it happened again intermitently on my way home.  And when I was so grateful to be home as it started acting up again I discovered that I couldn't get into my driveway.  I almost caused an accident trying to turn around.  Someone decided I was driving too slow and almost hit me trying to pass.  I park on a side street, haul out my collapsible shovel and start digging my plowed in driveway. 

And two men actually stopped to help me!  they asked for extra shovels!  I did send them on their way only because they were parked on the street and I thought there car might get hit.  But it was so nice of them to stop  ;D

fklwmn

Re: Snow shoveling
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »
Ooohh, that was so nice of you, I likely would have just hnded them mine and let them do the work!! *evil*

this is why I hte snow and also why I will never live anywhere that it snows more than it does here!

mindibrad

• Moms Need To Know
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »
I live in a neighborhood where the husbands are frequently out of town for business.  As always seems to happen, my one neighbor's husband was away on business for the snowstorm She has an infant at home so, like me, she pretty much stayed holed up in the house all day. 

I don't shovel (or do yardwork - then again, Hubby has no concept of the magical way that clothes and dishes get clean  ;) ), so when Hubby got home he pulled out the snowblower and did our driveway and sidewalk.......then he went next door and did our neighbors driveway and sidewalk as well.

He got extra marshmallows in his hot chocolate when he came in!  :)

pryncsskittyn

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
How great they offered to help you!!!  My fiance snow blows for our elderly neighbors every storm as well as is "snow relief" for our neighbors across the street who's 2 teens bust their buts trying to keep the driveway cleared.  They're great kids who are saints to my 6 year old and I feel they deserve the help (though they never ask for it and try to thwart him when he heads their way with the snowblower).  It's so nice to know that people out their have kind hearts!  I could use have used those by-standers a couple years ago when my fiance was out of town and I came home at 3 AM during a horrible snow storm to 2 feet of snow in my parking spot!