This is really an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh post.
I am looking to move job, oddly enough, and many of them are driving me insane.
1) The ones who try 'desperately' to contact me, but usng some means other than telephone, email or the postal service
2) The ones who take no account of where I live and suggest jobs 2 hours away. On one occasion, one suggested a temp job 95 miles from where I live. I pointed out that the journey time was 2 1/2 hours by train. 'Oh', she said, 'I thought you might be able to drive there'. Well, firstly no I can't , and secondly, it is 95 miles away, so is going to take 2-3 hours anyway
3) people who suggest temp jobs of indeterminate duration (a 12 or 18-month contract might be worth considering). I have a mortgage. I can't miss payments
4) the ones who seemingly have not read my CV and try to refer me for roles I have no experience in.
5) the ones who phone me during working hours, despite being told that my cellphone is almost always on silent and even if it were not, I would not be answering to an unknown number in an openplan office
6) the ones who phone me during working hours ON MY WORK PHONE. Way to go. Say, I'll just set up an interview and my boss 2 desks away can listen in.
7)and in pride of place, the one who phoned me during working hours, on my work phone, giving a false name so as to be put through, and to add insult to injury, phoned me on 30 January, the day before our filing deadline, when we were rather busy.