Author Topic: Hot Chocolate  (Read 1638 times)

RoseRose

Hot Chocolate
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:46:30 AM »
Today, on campus, there were some people giving out hot chocolate.  No signs, and when I asked why they were doing it, they said "just because".  It was really nice to see, and it was really nice to have some hot chocolate before doing my nice take home midterm.  Yay college students with free hot chocolate!

momto3daughters

Re: Hot Chocolate
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
I wish we would get some people like that on my campus. Walking from building to building in this crap SUCKS. I did however had one young man (around 19) open the door for me and tell me to have a good day "mam".

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »
My freshman year of college, the first day of finals it snowed.  I came back from taking a final and found that the dorm staff had set up a station in the lounge with hot chocolate, bread, butter and a toaster. I asked the head custodian about it and he said he and the "girls" wanted to do something for all us "kids" because it was the first day of finals and so nasty out. It was the warmest coziest moment I have from that first semester and just the nicest thing for them to have done. 

extranormal

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 08:34:27 PM »
Hot chocolate is such a wonderful gift, isn't it?

When my son was about 3, we were visiting Vancouver and he managed to fall into a very shallow part of English Bay. In February. We had extra clothes in the car, but it was about a five minute walk to the car, and he howled with indignation the entire time. While we were attempting to get the kid into dry clothes, a woman who had been having breakfast in a hotel restaurant had watched our ridiculous ordeal and bought a cup of hot chocolate for my son. He was wholly unappreciative, but I have never forgotten her kindness (or that of the hotel management who didn't fuss about her taking one of their fancy cups outside; we returned it, of course).

pryncsskittyn

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »

Hot cocoa rocks, just ask my son ;)
We always have the stuff on hand when we're camping in the summer time.  We always have one cold, rainy day and I'll heat hot water in the coffee maker and hook up the poor wet kids, they've called me the "hot cocoa Mom" for a couple years now.

freakyfemme

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »
My freshman year of college, the first day of finals it snowed.  I came back from taking a final and found that the dorm staff had set up a station in the lounge with hot chocolate, bread, butter and a toaster. I asked the head custodian about it and he said he and the "girls" wanted to do something for all us "kids" because it was the first day of finals and so nasty out. It was the warmest coziest moment I have from that first semester and just the nicest thing for them to have done. 

I see your hot chocolate, and raise you.....a "Zen Den."  Yeah, that's right.  Yesterday, I came home after choir to find that one of the R.A.'s had set up the common room to look like a "tropical paradise," with potted palm trees (and a few inflatable ones too), a sandbox with a palm tree and a heat lamp with a folding chair set up under the lamp (ostensibly for "tanning"), and over in the corner, there was an N64 set up.  I really wish I could have stayed, but I had to usher a concert that night, and by the time I got home, everything had been taken down.