Author Topic: "Paying it forward"....acts of kindness done for you by strangers  (Read 57273 times)

JoW

Re: "Paying it forward"....acts of kindness done for you by strangers
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2014, 11:38:35 PM »
Someone took a 1/2 gallon bottle of milk out of the cooler in my car.  And yes, that was an act of kindness.

It happened 30 years ago, on a hot, humid summer afternoon.  I was in a car accident.  I left by ambulance, my car was towed to the nearest junk yard.  The next day DH drove to the junk yard to retrieve the stuff in my car.  That stuff included a small cooler with that milk in it.  After 24 hours in the sun in that climate DH expected the milk to be spoiled and the cooler ruined.  Instead the milk was missing and the cooler was fine.  Someone save the cooler by removing the milk. 

After that wreck I spent 3 months on crutches.  I that time I never had to open a door for myself in public.  Every time I approached a door someone would hold it open for me.   

kareng57

• Super Hero!
Re: "Paying it forward"....acts of kindness done for you by strangers
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2014, 11:40:54 PM »
Someone took a 1/2 gallon bottle of milk out of the cooler in my car.  And yes, that was an act of kindness.

It happened 30 years ago, on a hot, humid summer afternoon.  I was in a car accident.  I left by ambulance, my car was towed to the nearest junk yard.  The next day DH drove to the junk yard to retrieve the stuff in my car.  That stuff included a small cooler with that milk in it.  After 24 hours in the sun in that climate DH expected the milk to be spoiled and the cooler ruined.  Instead the milk was missing and the cooler was fine.  Someone save the cooler by removing the milk. 

After that wreck I spent 3 months on crutches.  I that time I never had to open a door for myself in public.  Every time I approached a door someone would hold it open for me.

Re the crutches - as nice as it was, I wouldn't call it an "act of kindness".  I would call it basic courtesy, in that anyone who wasn't doing it would be rude.