Author Topic: TQ tries to invite herself to a wedding/reception final? update pg 4  (Read 17947 times)

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:13:50 PM by Trishlovesdolphins »

Country_Wife

Re: TQ tries to invite herself to a wedding/reception
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:14:10 AM »
I'm with you: Evade, evade, evade! Because you know that if she does get the info, she WILL go. So holding the info back is the only way to avoid being responsible for that.
Here's your hat, what's your hurry?

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
I'm with you: Evade, evade, evade! Because you know that if she does get the info, she WILL go. So holding the info back is the only way to avoid being responsible for that.

I 100% agree with you. John could have invited her if he had wanted, and since he didn't I'm not bringing her with me. Since I've already told her no, and she's still insisting, I'm not going to answer any aims from her for the week. She's flying in from the East coast for her mom's birthday the day of the wedding, so I'm not going to say anything until when I see her at her mom's birthday (the next day).

Snugglepot

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:00:15 AM »
I can't fathom how she thinks that is appropriate behaviour! Weddings aren't an open free-for-all!

I realise I'm preaching to the converted here.

Country_Wife

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:15 AM »
TQ seems to think that a wedding is a public event to which one buys admission with a wedding gift. Come to think of it, that assumption explains many requests/demands in relation to wedding gifts by other brides...
Here's your hat, what's your hurry?

caranfin

• Super Hero!
  • I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 09:31:20 AM »
Her utter lack of comprehension regarding even the most basic etiquette is almost charmingly naive. Almost.
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways.

nliedel

• In my dreams, I'm a Goddess!
  • busy, as always
    • Goat Rodeo Fiber Fiesta
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
I normally would not condone lying, but in this case, "I am so sorry, I can't find the invitation anywhere." Then run away.
Fiber artist, writer, belly dancer. Four boys and a husband of twenty years. I'm happy

nekoro

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
I'm willing to bet she shows up to your house on the Day, hoping that you'll HAVE to invite her.

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
I'm willing to bet she shows up to your house on the Day, hoping that you'll HAVE to invite her.
I would agree with you EXCEPT, she's flying in that day, and in reality, I think her plane comes in 30mins AFTER the reception starts. My concern is that she'd show up straight from the airport. Which isn't too terribly far from where it is (I do know the place, just not the time.)

I'll have to call John, because I can't find the invite. I think it probably got thrown out with all the tissues and such while DH and I were sick, because it was sitting on the table and now it's not.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
I hate to ask, but has TQ been around since you last saw the invite?

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »
She lives on the Coast, I live in Kansas. I haven't seen her. I do see her on aim, she was on last night, but she didn't message me. I'm hoping to keep a low profile til the wedding is over.

Asha

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »
Oh, this is perfect!!!  Evade, bean dip her, whatever... but now you can honestly say "I think the invitation got thrown out with all the gunk from everyone being sick." If she presses you, say "DH has a great memory; he's taking care of it."

If she dares call him, he can tell her "Why do you need to know?"  >:D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
I can't fathom how she thinks that is appropriate behaviour! Weddings aren't an open free-for-all!

Believe it or not, I know I was amazed when I heard it, but there are people who think weddings are open free-for-alls.  DH & I know a musician who is socially oblivious; Not just etiquettely challenged, but downright rude at times.  Let's call him RG for "Rude Guy."

RG found a woman who agreed to marry him, which was the first surprise.  They set a date & he made no secret of the time & place, speaking freely and frequently about their plans to marry & celebrate afterwards.  We did not receive an invitation, so, of course, we did not attend.  We spoke with some other acquaintances and they all said they did not receive invitations either. Many of us felt a bit put out since RG spoke about the wedding so much.  It felt like he was rubbing our noses in his fancy wedding to which we were not invited.

After the wedding, several people asked RG how the wedding went, and he asked why none of his friends showed up.  We all looked at him blankly, then glanced at each other, then said, "Because we didn't receive invitations."  RG says, "Who does invitations anymore?  I told everyone where and when.  Why didn't anyone come?"  :-\ RG's fiance sent invitations to her family & friends, so it was a very lopsided celebration.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 11:09:35 PM »
Can you block her IMs?

Aw, I guess not. Then you wouldn't have any more stories for us, and that would be a big loss.  ;)

TQ gives "clueless" a bad name.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »
I think it's time for some bluntness: "Sorry, but if you didn't get an invitation, you aren't invited, and I'm not going to be responsible for gate-crashing at someone else's wedding."
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC