Author Topic: TQ tries to invite herself to a wedding/reception final? update pg 4  (Read 17307 times)

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: TQ tries to invite herself to a wedding/reception final? update pg 4
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2008, 12:24:39 AM »
I assume you don't plan to return TQ's calls after that "I'm special" line?

She has more nerve than a root canal.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
Trish, I'm laughing so hard at this update Chip's probably going to wonder what's wrong with me.

"I'm special, so special, I've got to have all of your attention! Give it to me!"

(With apologies to The Pretenders)

She sounds like a twelve-year-old. On second thought, that's insulting to most of the twelve-year-olds I know.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
What sort of Special does this girl think she is??!!

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2008, 12:34:15 PM »
What sort of Special does this girl think she is??!!

I have no clue. I was telling DH, that she hasn't changed at all since High School. The older I get the more her attitude and behavior makes me crazy. I think it's going to end up that I just stop talking to her. There's something wrong when you complain about your friend more than you enjoy the time. I hate to do that, she is my oldest friend, and I don't have a lot of friends. I'm more of the "better to have 5 'best' friends, than 55 'acquaintance' friends" It's just getting to be too much to deal with her drama.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »
Trish, At this point, she doesn't sound like much of a friend. I think what happenned is that you graduated highschool, you grew up, you changed you life, and now have something good, Husband, kids, job, things you enjoy. She hasn't grown up, she hasn't changed, she is still in highschool, and doesn't realize that no one else is. Unless she miracualously grows up, your best bet will be to let her go, and hopefully, you will find someone else you can have a close friendship with.

Asha

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
Trish rocks!!

"There was a party and I didn't get to go!" *Asha mimes playing the world's smallest violin*

Tia2

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »
Isn't this girl (and I use the term on purpose - I agree she hasn't grown up) married to someone in one of the armed services?  I do wonder how the people wherever he is assigned feel about his wife.

Can't you just imagine - 'I know this area is restricted but I want Hubby to take me to luuuunch.'

'I know I've rung up 5 times today but I'm boooored.'

I think there are some ex-military and spouses of the same on the board.  How would this have gone down where you were posted?

Alternatively, am I putting far too much weight on how much influence a spouse has on a career after watching bad TV shows? ;)

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »
Yarp, she's married to a guy, he's training for special forces.

Visiting Crazy Town

Re: TQ tries to invite herself to a wedding/reception sm update pg 3
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
UPDATE

TQ: "I'm special." Swear to God, I'm not making that up, DH heard and about choked..

She sure is .  The kind of special pepl run from

Shay

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »
I know how you feel;  I have a couple of friends who me and another friend seem to do nothing but whine and complain about.  While they are not nearly as bad as TQ, we have both realized that in the time since we all met (close to 10 years now) we have all moved on in one way or another.  While we met in our 20's and 30's - I have gone to school and gotten my masters and my other friend is getting married next month.

The other two?  They constantly whine and moan about how their lives are are so bad, etc etc etc yet they won't do anything to change...they also whine about how we never hang out anymore like we used to..wel, things have changed....so either go with the flow, or move on.

Glad that you were able to get out of taking her!  Only once in my life have I attended a wedding where I wasn't invited or knew anyone.  My grandmother was invited to the wedding of the daughter of her long-time next door neighbors, and she lived across the street from the church. She was invited to both the wedding and reception, but only went to the wedding, and as she was in her mid-90's, I took her.  We both got dressed up, walked  over to the church, sat through the ceremony, and then I helped her through the receiving line, and then took her home.  But the bride's paretns knew this, and it was fine....they were just happy she was able to attend, as was the bride.

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »
Only once in my life have I attended a wedding where I wasn't invited or knew anyone.  My grandmother was invited to the wedding of the daughter of her long-time next door neighbors, and she lived across the street from the church. She was invited to both the wedding and reception, but only went to the wedding, and as she was in her mid-90's, I took her.  We both got dressed up, walked  over to the church, sat through the ceremony, and then I helped her through the receiving line, and then took her home.  But the bride's paretns knew this, and it was fine....they were just happy she was able to attend, as was the bride.
That kind of special guest does honor to the bride and groom.  How sweet of you and your grandmother.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: TQ tries to invite herself to a wedding/reception
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »
In the UK, the concept of 'a wedding must be open to the public' is so that people can object if they wish to do so. It is a necessary part of the wedding ceremony to ask if anyone has an objection and therefore even those people not invited must be permitted to enter the building and voicetheir objection if they so desire.

In practice, I have never heard of anyone attending a wedding ceremony unless they actually had an invitation to the event.

What happens if someone objects?

Depends on the reason for the objection - if the bride or groom is already married then the officiant wouldn't perform the wedding. Likewise if a soup opera drama unfolded in which it was discovered they were actually brother and sister. If the groom's ex girlfriend appears to announce they slept together last night, the decision would be up to the bride. Like Trish said - Catfight! hehehehe

What's a soup opera?  Is it anything like a story where everyone catches cold and eats a lot of chicken soup?  ;D

Anyway, if one of Mr. Sirius' old girlfriends had stood up and said that he couldn't marry me because he was married to her, there would have been some words spoken, probably most of them by my MIL.  From what she told me she didn't have a very high opinion of a couple of Mr. Sirius' old girlfriends.  Still, it was unlikely that anything like that would have happened, because when we got married neither of us had had anything in the way of a serious relationship for close to a decade except for ours.  My dad told me he thought I was too old to get married, but I told him I knew it was the right thing to do so I was doing it, end of discussion (I was 39 and Mr. Sirius was 36, and it would be the first marriage for both of us.)  If my dad had objected he'd better have a much better reason than that. 

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
"I'm special."

"Yes, you are dear, but not in the way you seem to think."  I bet there's room for someone like her in the Special Hell reserved for people who talk in the theater ;)

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
"I'm special."

"Yes, you are dear, but not in the way you seem to think."  I bet there's room for someone like her in the Special Hell reserved for people who talk in the theater ;)

She does that too! :)