Author Topic: You've got to be kidding me.... Now its the last update...#92  (Read 43937 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Re: You've got to be kidding me.... the Saga Continues! Update #72
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 01:37:41 AM »
Another thread reminded me of this.

Tiny update:

BB is getting released from prison a divorce.  I am not usually happy to see a marriage break apart, but I really think he is better off without the crazy.

I haven't confirmed the news from him, but my superiors mentioned it to me.  I am still not speaking to him until the storm clouds blow over, but at least the crazy woman won't be trying to bum rush me on my lunch hour.

I wouldn't count on that. After all, she might see the divorce as ALL YOUR FAULT. Rationality has hardly been her strong point to date.

Trust me, the thought crossed my mind.  Luckily (I guess)  I've been away from the home station through the majority of this development (5 weeks in Vegas, 1 1/2 in Tampa with 2 weeks at home inbetween) so I haven't even seen him through this thing.  My supervisors were giving me the heads up  so I could stay clear and not get dragged through the muckage
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

smidget23

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2008, 02:07:53 AM »
Good Luck on it. I hate seeing anyone's marriage break up, but I have to admit that you could see this one coming from miles away. In this case, I think I'd only offer support in a very well lit public place with lots of witnesses to account for your actions.
Flair/Flare is very confusing. Even for authors.

NotCinderell

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
My sympathies.  I had a very close male friend in college whom I'd hang out with almost every day.  I think at the time we were too immature to explain why we never ended up together, but now, looking back, I think it was because we really loved each other too much and were too incompatible.  Namely, that if we'd gotten into a romantic relationship, it would have ended badly, but as brother/sister best friends, it could go on forever.

Except he married a woman who hates me and I almost never hear from him anymore.  I know I'm not the only female friend who's gotten the silent treatment from him since his marriage, either.  Apparently she doesn't like him having female friends.

Gyro Widget

Re: You've got to be kidding me....
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
I've had that reaction a lot.  I am not in the military, but I do like some traditionally 'male' things.  I am an Engineer which meant engineering and science classes.  I am in a Single Malt drinking group ...many other things which many women can't understand why a woman would like.   

Same here... its never the men that harass you in engineering, but their girlfriends! A few years ago on the old forum I posted the constant harassment from a male classmates girlfriend.  She would stalk me after every class and accuse me of some really awful things.  She would even slap around the poor guy when he went home in the evening because of it. 

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2008, 09:11:39 PM »
Final update:

BB is staying married and getting out of the military.  He actually told me this himself (last week) but I have just taken a while to process it.

He looked like he was being led to the gallows when he told me... I know he is unhappy, but he is also the type to do what is best for their kid, and not worry about himself.  I can respect that, but I feel like I was looking at him at his own funeral.

I know I'll never be able to talk to him again since they are staying together, but that is okay.  I just hope that he can be happy, because he is a wonderful person.  He knows that I will be his friend, and that if he needs me I will be there.  I'm just glad I got to say goodbye to him. 

Why do rotten people get such great guys :'(

gibsongirl

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »
Why do rotten people get such great guys :'(

Because great guys are so great, they think everyone else must be too, and they get suckered.  I've seen it happen a lot, and I always feel bad that they are throwing their lives away.

caz

Re: You've got to be kidding me.... The End Of The Road! Update #80
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »
I will give 10000000% on thunder from down under

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2008, 03:50:56 AM »
I will give 10000000% on thunder from down under

Huh?

Please tell me this isn't refering to "scrabble" skills... :-X 

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2008, 10:51:46 AM »
I'm sorry. It seems like he got himself sucked in, and doesn't know how to get back out again. If you get to talk to him again, tell him that you will be there for him if he ever needs to get out.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

cbcb

• Canadian living in the US
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »
Just reading old threads and wondered - any updates on this? afbluebelle, have you talked to your friend since or has there been further news (e.g. of his marriage ending)?

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
Wow, I just read this, not realizing the date on it.

I am curious as well, and I'd like to add that it wasn't the military, it is her. If he stayed married to her, he is as miserable now as he was then.

Someone so lost in jealousy doesn't just stop being jealous, it just gets pointed in another direction.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »
This reminds me of when DH reconnected with an old girlfriend from HS on Facebook.  I wasn't threatened at all by her since I'm of the opinion that ex's are ex's for a reason.  In their case it was because they realized they were better off as friends than being in a romantic relationship.

DH kept trying to get the two of us to meet but was having a hard time arranging it and finally got out of the exgf that she was nervous about meeting me because she was worried I'd not like her.   I did eventually get to meet her and we get along just fine. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

strangetimes

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
I also just read through this whole saga-poor guy!

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »
I just started reading too and thought, "Wow - this sounds just like a thread from a while back!"  LOL - then I noticed the date.

Anything new to report afbluebelle?

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Viscountess

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2011, 01:32:21 AM »
Just read through the whole thing.  Your poor friend, afbluebelle. 
"If you don't like something, then change it.  If you can't change it, then change your attitude towards it."