Author Topic: You've got to be kidding me.... Now its the last update...#92  (Read 45673 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Otherwise known as "I am a flaming hot man stealer"  ::)

I got my butt chewed up and down the flightline today by a mean, delusional woman.

Background:  Back when I was just Blue.  Blue goes to college.  Blue gets bored. Blue goes to basic training.  Blue meets Brother Flight Boy (BFB).    BFB and (now AF)Blue become battle buddies and best friends.  BFB gets stationed in Georgia, afblue gets Alaska. 

Time goes by

BFB marries Girl From Home.  GFH never meets AFblue, because she is in Alaska.  BFB and AFblue still keep in touch.

More time.

Present day.  BFB and I are married to our respective partners.  I'd go as far to say that the marriages are fuinctional and happy (DH and I had a large bump a few weeks ago, but we are working through things)   BFB and I hang out sometimes on our lunch breaks, along with three or four other people.  Thats it.  We wanted to get togehter for dinner with respective spouses but the idea got shot down by GFH.  She said she didn't have enough time with BFB as it is, so no sharing.  Fair enough.

I  never thought there was a problem... I talk to my friend, we b.s. about our funny basic/tech school shenanigans and compare battle scars and stories.  Apparently, on my lunch breaks (only time I get with him) I have been throwing my body at him and trying to seduce him.  I am pure evil and ave several Jezebel like qualities, and I sell myself for money.

Okay.... yeah.   No.

This is a guy who has seen me go 6 days without a shower. A guy who has laughed at me pour mud out of my boots.  He has seen me with blood gushing down my head from an evil plane wing, and I've seen him toss his cookies on a drill instructor's boot.

Yep... I'm a heartthrob :P

What is a an E-Hell approved way to laugh in someone's face when they accuse you of being too sexy around thier husband?  Unless he gets all hot and bothered by jet fuel, grease, and spit shined boots, I think Evil GFBH is bat poo crazy.

Yeah... I totally laughed the whole time.  Mea culpa, mea culpa.  I just need advice on what to do next time.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:48:44 AM by afbluebelle »
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Ondine

Re: You've got to be kidding me....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:35:54 AM »
Afbluebelle, is it a bad thing that I'm laughing at this story?

Just one question: Has his wife ever met you? Is there a way that you, DH, your friend and his wife can all go for dinner together so that she can see that you are in a happy, healthy relationship?

If that doesn't work, well, I'm not sure what to do - I had to cut a friend out of my life cause she wanted my guy, and she's engaged.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:47:17 AM »
Nope... I offered to get together, but she always said no.

I thought it was funny myself.  Which made her madder... which made me laugh harder.  What a vicious cycle!  :D

part of me wants to feel bad for her, because she doesn't seem like she is very happy, and BFB says that she has had a lot of self esteem issues (told me in tech school, before I became a harlot :P)

I guess I have always been one of the guys, so the role of sexpot just doesn't seem to fit.  I'm still laughing. >:D

kethria

• عاشق, ولهان
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »
Sounds like my ex roommates ladylove NG. She's basically banned him from seeing me. Yes... because if I wanted him I'd have made a move long before she was in the picture. :P

mlkind1789

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »
Sadly, I think there is little you can do.  When I was in high School my best friend was a guy.  I asked him to stand up for me in my wedding but he had to decline due to obligations for the Naval Academy.  He ended up marrying a girl he graduated from the academy with and that was pretty much the end of our closeness. 

I told him several times that I wanted to meet her because I felt so close to him that I was sure if he loved her then I would too, and since he and my hubby got along so well I was sure we could have a lot of fun when they were in town.  Well, I heard through the grapevine from his sister and several friends that she kept shooting it down because she was jealous that he was so close to another female he wasn't related to.  J was aware of her jealousy, he just didn't push her to meet me and see that I was not anything even closely resembling a threat. 

I still get an email very occasionally, but our friendship is nothing like it used to be and that makes me very sad.

I guess the point is, unless he is willing to stand up to her and tell her to suck it up and get over her delusions then it isn't going to get any better.  Sorry.   :(

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »
So, is the wife of BTB and the bat-poo crazy woman the same? 

I knew a woman like that, once.  She was the girlfriend of my boss and my friend.  Since he was my boss, and we needed to watch each other's back for office politics, there was really no way for us to stop associating.  What is weird was that she was drop-dead gorgeous.  Even her at 40, she looked better than me at 20.  When I first met her at some company party, her daughter was also there for some reason.  They both glared at me.  The girlfriend made it really clear that she was living with my boss.  I answered, "It isn't any of my business if you two sleep hanging from the ceiling by your feet like bats.  So, it certainly isn't any of business where your toothbrush is located."  She ended up driving my boss away with her jealousy, and he married a well-adjusted even more stunningly attractive woman. 

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »

Afbluebelle, is it a bad thing that I'm laughing at this story?

Just one question: Has his wife ever met you? Is there a way that you, DH, your friend and his wife can all go for dinner together so that she can see that you are in a happy, healthy rel@tionship?

If that doesn't work, well, I'm not sure what to do - I had to cut a friend out of my life cause she wanted my guy, and she's engaged.

I am sorry but I started laughing too...

Texas Mom

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
She came out on the flight line (while I assume you were on duty) to confront you because you are "too sexy"?

auntmeegs

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »
Iím not fooled.  AFbluebelle, I bet you look dead sexy covered in grease and jet fuel.  Iím glad the wife is on to you.   :D

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 05:32:46 PM »
Iím not fooled.  AFbluebelle, I bet you look dead sexy covered in grease and jet fuel.  Iím glad the wife is on to you.   :D
You know, now I'm picturing that Shakira video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LaQ3d5-_XU

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
She came out on the flight line (while I assume you were on duty) to confront you because you are "too sexy"?

Not breaking red near the planes, but to our outdoor break area away from the aircraft.  It is a nifty gazebo with picnic tables and everything. 

No one knew they were getting lunch and a show that day ;D

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

Not breaking red near the planes, but to our outdoor break area away from the aircraft.  It is a nifty gazebo with picnic tables and everything. 

No one knew they were getting lunch and a show that day ;D

Ok, now I'm snickering.

I just have this image of a dinner-theatre production - Dolled-up Blonde sashays over to the table to confront the harlot who is stealing her MAN. Harlot is dressed stylishly in military coveralls decorated with only the finest grease and dirt.

Dolled-up Blonde presents her arguments, jabbing at Harlot with long red nails (done just for this occasion).

SHOCKER - Harlot is totally unappreciative of the speech and the freshly done nails!! In fact, she laughs at the idea of leaving Dolled-up Blonde's MAN alone!! She seems to be totally shameless!! And the cads that work with her are GIGGLING.

Dolled-up Blonde leaves in a stylishly orchestrated huff. Harlot and Cads continue giggling as the curtain falls.

The audience is hushed. Will Harlot repent of her evil ways and stay away from the MAN? Or will she continue to entice him with her grease-stained gorgeousness??

Stay tuned!!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping the guys would break out into a chorus line while singing "The Beast and The Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold.  >:D

gibsongirl

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »
Some of the things you described,

This is a guy who has seen me go 6 days without a shower. A guy who has laughed at me pour mud out of my boots.  He has seen me with blood gushing down my head from an evil plane wing, and I've seen him toss his cookies on a drill instructor's boot.

are not so much sexy as intimate.  Perhaps she is jealous of what she sees between the two of you, and the only way she can think to say, "HEY, my husband is supposed to be my best friend, but instead he's your best friend, what gives???"  is to accuse you of throwing yourself at him. 

While your story is funny, and I think she is indeed bat poo crazy, I feel sorry for her.  Perhaps you could suggest he could spend some lunches with her.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 10:11:51 PM »
There is nothing like a woman in camo, covered in grease and jet fuel, reeking of BO and bootblack. Man, I'm not even into girls and I'm getting all of a dither.
Seriously? Around these parts we say a bit dog will squeal. I wonder what she's feeling guilty about that has her accusing him?
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....