Author Topic: You've got to be kidding me.... Now its the last update...#92  (Read 43560 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Re: You've got to be kidding me.... the Saga Continues!
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2008, 09:06:27 PM »
I don't hang out with him at lunch anymore, but we do have to work together at times.  I have just made sure that whenever we are on a job together, there is at least two witnesses/people with us as well, and one of them needs to be a sergeant or higher.  BB is an awesome guy, but hanging out anymore than necessary puts stress on him that he doesn't need, and puts me through stress as well.  He knows that if EvilGFH gets uncrazy, or he gets divorced, I will be there as a friend.  But in the interest in his marriage and my sanity, I am keeping as far away from this one as possible.

Although a teeny tiny part of me wants to be completely evil just to see what would happen :-\ :-[  I was always the kid who tried to mix random household chemicals to see what kind of reaction I could get. Stuff blowing up in your face can be fun.... at least as long as you keep your eyebrows ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2008, 09:49:28 PM »
Well, you know that Elvis ... he's just a hunka hunka burnin' love ...

And Chip got his picture taken with a showgirl, so I guess we're even.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »
This would be funny, but when I get my butt hauled in and asked what is going on between BB and I, the funny stops.  Cheating on a spouse is against the UCMJ and punishable by death in a time of war (I love that line ;D)  I wouldn't be shot but it would be a tone of trouble, and just a delusional accusation can start a bunch of suspicions and gossip.

So Evil GFH, if you are reading this, thanks for ruining my TDY.  I know have to be with one of my shopmates at all times as a CYA measure, or stuck in my room.

Okay I was laughing with you and enjoying this thread until this part.  Now I feel sick.  That is just awful.  I've been the focus of misplaced jealousy, not as bad as this obviously, and it sucks.  Especially when it involves a close friend.  I have no advice to offer, just wanted to say that you're in my thoughts and I'm hoping that this all blows over.  :'(  Please keep us posted...

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
This would be funny, but when I get my butt hauled in and asked what is going on between BB and I, the funny stops.  Cheating on a spouse is against the UCMJ and punishable by death in a time of war (I love that line ;D)  I wouldn't be shot but it would be a tone of trouble, and just a delusional accusation can start a bunch of suspicions and gossip.

So Evil GFH, if you are reading this, thanks for ruining my TDY.  I know have to be with one of my shopmates at all times as a CYA measure, or stuck in my room.

Okay I was laughing with you and enjoying this thread until this part.  Now I feel sick.  That is just awful.  I've been the focus of misplaced jealousy, not as bad as this obviously, and it sucks.  Especially when it involves a close friend.  I have no advice to offer, just wanted to say that you're in my thoughts and I'm hoping that this all blows over.  :'(  Please keep us posted...

Yes, this is terrible.  I ran into people who were very insecure the whole time I worked with the military, though.  I was always careful of my behavior around married men, since I was single up until the final 6 years I worked with the military as a civilian.

The only time it really affected my job was when we got a new sergeant in the records section.  He was a nice guy and good at his job, but when he introduced his wife, who was also active duty Air Force, she gave the women in my office nasty looks and never said a word to us that wasn't absolutely required by the job.  I later found out they had both been married to others when they'd met, so they'd  each dumped their spouses and married each other.  As a result, she was apparently afraid the same thing was going to happen to her, since he'd already proven that he wasn't to be trusted.  Not that I'd be interested in a man who can be charmed away from his wife - hardly.  The funny part was, she was rude to all of the women in our office, even those of us who were long married and/or not a threat in the least.  I was a newlywed at the time, and I worked directly with his wife, so I made a point of talking about Mr. Sirius a lot.  Eventually she thawed, and we got along fairly well until I left that job.       

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2008, 02:33:06 PM »
Honestly, afbluebelle, if my boyfriend had a friend that is as cool as you sound I would be all over it wanting to hang out with you.   8)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
Re: You've got to be kidding me.... the Saga Continues! pg 5
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2008, 01:37:06 AM »
Just wanted you all to know that I am safely in Vegas, Basic Buddy is not, and his wife hasn't called the hotel searching for him (even though he is still in GA, I wouldn't put it past her)  All is well on this front, but I'm not holding my breath.

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2008, 02:04:15 AM »
Just wanted you all to know that I am safely in Vegas, Basic Buddy is not, and his wife hasn't called the hotel searching for him (even though he is still in GA, I wouldn't put it past her)  All is well on this front, but I'm not holding my breath.

Since he is not there, I hope that means you can go where ever you like, with whoever you like, and have a great time in your free time while you are there. Did her actions cause him to be taken off the trip?
Have fun, you grease-covered temptress, you!
Joy in Virginia

Warbaby

• "Duty, Honor, Country"
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2008, 08:00:18 AM »

Since he is not there, I hope that means you can go where ever you like, with whoever you like, and have a great time in your free time while you are there. Did her actions cause him to be taken off the trip?
Have fun, you grease-covered temptress, you!
Joy in Virginia

Hey, if you've never been around our servicewomen when they're all covered in grease, hydraulic fluid, gunpowder, etc., you don't know what hawt is!  

Glad you're having a good trip, afbluebelle!
"May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live." - R. Heinlein

audhs

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
[
The only time it really affected my job was when we got a new sergeant in the records section.  He was a nice guy and good at his job, but when he introduced his wife, who was also active duty Air Force, she gave the women in my office nasty looks and never said a word to us that wasn't absolutely required by the job.  I later found out they had both been married to others when they'd met, so they'd  each dumped their spouses and married each other.  As a result, she was apparently afraid the same thing was going to happen to her, since he'd already proven that he wasn't to be trusted.  Not that I'd be interested in a man who can be charmed away from his wife - hardly.  The funny part was, she was rude to all of the women in our office, even those of us who were long married and/or not a threat in the least.  I was a newlywed at the time, and I worked directly with his wife, so I made a point of talking about Mr. Sirius a lot.  Eventually she thawed, and we got along fairly well until I left that job.       

I've never been able to figure out why you'd want to married someone who cheated on their first spouse.  ???   I don't think I could live with the paranoia that came from knowing that they could easily do the same thing to me.

I know people can change but I can't imagine being married to someone who I felt threatened by any and all woman that they came in contact with.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
[

I've never been able to figure out why you'd want to married someone who cheated on their first spouse.  ???   I don't think I could live with the paranoia that came from knowing that they could easily do the same thing to me.

I know people can change but I can't imagine being married to someone who I felt threatened by any and all woman that they came in contact with.

I'm firmly of the belief that the person who marries their cheating partner is creating a job opening.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

littlelauraj

• My world
Re: You've got to be kidding me.... the Saga Continues! Update pg 5
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
My ex's "thing" was jealous like this-to the point that she wouldn't allow him to speak with me on the phone without her listening in.  Because she was jealous.  Because he had cheated.  On me, with her.  I severed contact with them over a decade ago, but I often wonder if she ever got over it or if it drove him to cheat again.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
Re: You've got to be kidding me.... the Saga Continues! Update #72
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
Another thread reminded me of this.

Tiny update:

BB is getting released from prison a divorce.  I am not usually happy to see a marriage break apart, but I really think he is better off without the crazy.

I haven't confirmed the news from him, but my superiors mentioned it to me.  I am still not speaking to him until the storm clouds blow over, but at least the crazy woman won't be trying to bum rush me on my lunch hour.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »
BB is getting released from prison a divorce.

Okay that made me LOL.  Don't worry, my buddy just broke up with his girlfriend after 4 years and I'm so happy because that means he will hang around me again!  :D

Hopefully the storm clouds will blow over soon and things will be right in your world again...

merryns

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »

Tiny update:

BB is getting released from prison a divorce.  I am not usually happy to see a marriage break apart, but I really think he is better off without the crazy.

I haven't confirmed the news from him, but my superiors mentioned it to me.  I am still not speaking to him until the storm clouds blow over, but at least the crazy woman won't be trying to bum rush me on my lunch hour.

I wouldn't count on that. After all, she might see the divorce as ALL YOUR FAULT. Rationality has hardly been her strong point to date.

WildChild@Heart

• Someday my trees will be this big too!
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »

Tiny update:

U was just thinking the exact same thing. Because none of this could possibly be her fault!

I wouldn't count on that. After all, she might see the divorce as ALL YOUR FAULT. Rationality has hardly been her strong point to date.
“Don't outsmart your common sense."