Author Topic: No, You Can't Cut in Front of Me  (Read 5686 times)

WildChild@Heart

• Someday my trees will be this big too!
No, You Can't Cut in Front of Me
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »
I had to run into the post office today during my lunch time. I had a box I had to drop off, it had a prepaid label so all I had to do was just give it to our postmistress. The PO here in Podunkville is tiny with only one window and one worker.

As I was standing in line behind the woman being helped at the window, in comes a older woman with 2 shopping bags with what looks like some kind of flyer or club newsletter. She steps up beside me and says " I just need to hand these through" to which I reply "Me too" and I stepped forward. Well the woman huffed loudly and dropped both her bags on the floor in a clearly annoyed way, while giving me the look. But heck I had to wait my turn, so why she can't wait hers? What makes her time so much more important than mine? Anyway when it was my turn I handed  my package through and left.

Does anyone know how I can get these scorch marks off my uniform?
“Don't outsmart your common sense."

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: No, You Can't Cut in Front of Me
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:01:15 PM »
I'd wear them with pride.  You stood up for yourself and prevented a clod from being able to take what she wanted because she felt entitled when she was not.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Trisha

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:04:52 PM »
I don't know why you couldn't just let her go first. OBVIOUSLY her business was more important than yours!

::) I don't think you did anything wrong, you ignored her behavior and you were polite.

Shortcake

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:43:58 AM »
ITA with the other posts! 
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

amaiaisabella

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »
Bravo, bravo! :)

I think I would have been trembling, so good for you! I don't think I could have remained so calm.

Tia2

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »
I absolutely agree you were right not to let her cut.  Also, was there anyone in line behind you?  If there was, you would have been rude to them to let her go ahead (assuming her time was more valuable than theirs).

tartxcherries

• Bears.Beets.Battlestar Galactica!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:03 AM »
Good for you! I cannot stand line cutters. If you are polite and I am in no hurry I may offer to let you cut in front of me, but never assume it is your right if I didn't offer. I almost yelled at a woman last week after I waited in line to purchase something and she walked up to the cashier after the previous person left and before I could walk up. Her excuse was she had previously been in this line, but had to go wait in another line to finish a purchase there. And here I believed that matter could not occupy to totally different spaces at one time.  ::)

Niona

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »
I was once in a queue at a shop, and this man was working his way up the line, saying 'I only have this one thing, can I move up in front of you?' Well, being British, even though people didn't want to, they were letting him through. He got up to me, asked (and I was one from the front) and I said 'No' (Iwas rude, I know, but I was in such a bad mood). He scowled, but I bought my three items (he didn't have to wait long) and moved on. Well, I had to hang around near the till for a while (There was another counter I was visiting, and I had to wait) and frst he had a problem with his item, then he had to change it, then he had to ask for a price, then his credit card wouldn't work, and then his second card wouldn't work and then he counted out the money in pennies and stopped in the middle to take a phone call! His one item took twenty minutes! I know that the people behind him were regretting letting him through. Now I won't let people through unless they're elderly or can't stand for a while.

FunkyMunky

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »

I had the reverse recently - I'd gone into the post office, grabbed the envelope I needed, bought it, filled int he details, put my items inside...and found a long line had formed. This item was too bulky to fit into the normal mailbox, so had to be handed over the counter. I could have just wandered up to a desk and dropped it there while the guy was serving another customer. I didn't. I joined the line. And had the four people closest to me (read: before me) insist that I just go up and drop it on the desk, and that they wouldn't mind.

It was lovely.  :)

Peppy

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!