Author Topic: Abbreviations/Definitions  (Read 90965 times)

dings

Re: Abbreviations/Definitions
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »
Thank you...

I should have guessed that.   ;D

BittyB

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 10:54:02 PM »
What does ETA mean?  I checked the rest of this thread, so I'm sorry if I missed it!   ???

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
What does ETA mean?  I checked the rest of this thread, so I'm sorry if I missed it!   ???

Edited to Add.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

BittyB

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »
Thanks!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
Scritzy - You have a CD player in your avatar.  Are you "into" music?  What kind of music do you like best?

I think you might be my DH's long lost sister.  He's a diet coke addict, too.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »
Scritzy - You have a CD player in your avatar.  Are you "into" music?  What kind of music do you like best?

I think you might be my DH's long lost sister.  He's a diet coke addict, too.

The music I like best is the stuff that makes people say, "Who IS that guy?" Hee hee! Many people have never heard of the artists I like.

My tastes are pretty eclectic, except I don't like country or rap or Southern gospel music. I don't listen to the radio much, I listen to my own CDs, either the ones I've bought or the compilations I've made.

Also, I sing in the church choir and do occasional solos, so I have to keep up with some Christian rock.

I can't drink Diet Coke (aspertame gives me headaches), but someday I will try Coke Zero and see if I can tolerate it. I'm trying to stay down to one Coke a day right now, and MOST of the time it's working. ;)
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 06:09:19 PM »
My tastes are pretty eclectic, except I don't like country or rap or Southern gospel music. I don't listen to the radio much, I listen to my own CDs, either the ones I've bought or the compilations I've made.

DH, too!  He doesn't listen to the radio much and he's a DJ!  Mostly he listens to blues, jazz, rock, world, and stuff that doesn't fit in any category except "good tunage."  We have over 5,000 CD's and over 2,500 vinyl albums.  We're ditching the tapes.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
We have over 5,000 CD's and over 2,500 vinyl albums. 

Cool!

I've pretty much ditched my tapes, too. I made sure to keep one, since one of the members of the group autographed it for me.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

BittyB

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:35 PM »
I can't drink Diet Coke (aspertame gives me headaches), but someday I will try Coke Zero and see if I can tolerate it. I'm trying to stay down to one Coke a day right now, and MOST of the time it's working. ;)

Careful dropping the caffeine all together (I think Coke Zero is 0 cals and 0 caffeine, isn't it?  Or was it 0 cals and 0 sugar?).  Anyways, if you decrease your caffeine intake too quickly (like 4 cokes a day to 1) you'll start getting headaches all the time (different from your aspertame ones) because caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and decreases blood flow to the brain.  When  you drop the caffeine habit blood flow increases and if you try to do it too quickly you'll get headaches from it. 

[/PSA]

jamiescudder

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2007, 02:18:34 AM »
I've read the whole thread and can't find the answer to my question. In a thread that I recently read someone was referred to as a troll. Do people actually mean the storybook character that lives under a bridge? The way that it was used makes me think that there's a different definition. Any help would be appreciated.

jamiescudder

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2007, 02:20:53 AM »
Okay, I just found the answer in a different folder. Thanks.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »
A couple of our members keep using weird symbols in their posts.  Can we either agree to stop using them or at least define them for those of us who have no idea what you're trying to do?!

For instance, I just saw this

T_T

That's not like any kind of smiley that I can figure out.  What, in the world, does it mean?

There are others that are commonly used as well.

CrayonOutlines

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »
A couple of our members keep using weird symbols in their posts.  Can we either agree to stop using them or at least define them for those of us who have no idea what you're trying to do?!

For instance, I just saw this

T_T

That's not like any kind of smiley that I can figure out.  What, in the world, does it mean?

There are others that are commonly used as well.

Dotty,

I think that "T" thing is crying.  I can't figure out

n.n

or

u.u

or something like it.

I agree with you, though -- stick to the available emoticons!!!    ;D

CreteGirl

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »
Unless it's going to be banned, can we just stop discussing pod and let people use it as they please (or not)?

Thank you Chivewarrior.  I personally love POD, and think it is cool that "our" board has its own term.  Its really not too hard to figure out its meaining if people are on the board for even a short length of time, and don't think that such an innocuous term should be banned.

rosiecat

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »
I've been seeing "whiskey tango foxtrot" a lot lately.  What the heck does that mean?  I'm thinking - the OP didn't say anything about dancing and drinking.

Then a few minutes ago, DH noticed and yelled something about what one of the dogs had done inside the house.

It took me a second and now I understand!!! ;D