News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 26, 2017, 11:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I just used it at work  (Read 2304 times)

gadget--gal

I just used it at work
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:19:08 AM »
here's the scenario.

man from my old department (same floor came to my new office to use the shredder for one document) we're in a shared office so the shredder doesn't "belong" to boss, but to other people, whom Old Colleague was asking.

as she was shredding/conversing Boss says haf to herself, half to people around. "I've come to the conclusion that Old Manager is a stingy person".  ( ::) )I then piped up with "that's an interesting assumption, Boss" she said she couldn't beleive a time like theirs (IT support) woudlnt' have a shredder. I relplied about the size of the room, that 7 seven people share as well as the point that beign an IT department we would't shuffle that much paper around, let alone the type that had so be disposed of with a shredder.

I didn't think I would use this line on someone managing me but she seems to like to make PA comments about my old department and then say things like "oh, I better not say things about gadget--gal's old team" with a false laugh. when I'm right there, sitting opposite her. sometimes I'm not sure whether to comment, or keep my mouth shut.

edited for rephrasing
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:22:35 AM by gadget--gal »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?