Author Topic: So you think I'm pregnant  (Read 6240 times)

weber06

So you think I'm pregnant
« on: April 13, 2008, 09:46:22 PM »
I'm waiting to use the line.  I work in a lab and we do some of work that I consider not safe for pregnant women, but if perfectly safe.  One type of experiment involves working with co-irker and I hate it.  I don't like working with him as he gets the timing wrong, thinks he's always right, and when he contaminated an area blamed someone higher up.  Yeah, that was smart.  Needless to say he cleaned up the area and made me less excited about working with him.  Higher up put him in his place  ;D

So with all the work going on and co-irker claiming to be really good at everything I'm not available to help on one experiment and figured he could cover it with our boss or recruit someone else.  And he's just back from a long vacation.  First words out of co-irker's mouth, "Is she pregnant?"  Boss just said he wasn't discussing that and told me later about the conversation.

So what do I say when co-irker brings it up?  Evil me wants to give him the look of death and say "Are you saying that I'm fat?"  I"d love to use "What an interesting assumption?"  But mostly I'm worried that he's telling his friends in other divisions what he thinks and that he may bring it up in front of my coworkers.  He won't see it as rude.  Remember he forgets to cover his mouth when coughing or sneezing so my personal news would not be off limits to him.

dawbs

Re: So you think I'm pregnant
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:58:35 PM »
I think I like evil you.

FunkyMunky

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:11:39 AM »

Use the Dilbert line: "Why can't a woman go off her diet for one day without someone asking that question?"

Shortcake

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »

Use the Dilbert line: "Why can't a woman go off her diet for one day without someone asking that question?"

I like it! It calls him out and it uses humor.
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

FunkyMunky

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »
Also, the woman in that comic strip WAS pregnant, which to me just makes it even funnier.

I know - I fully intend to act out the strip in real life when I'm pregnant.  :D

mharbourgirl

• I am what I am, not what everyone wishes me to be
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »
 :-\ Well, to give the guy SOME credit, the question was actually relevant.  Since the experiment is contra-indicated for pregnant women, perhaps the reason you weren't going to be doing it was because you were pregnant.  It's not the most unreasonable assumption a socially retarded guy could make.

But aye, overall he does sound a bit of a douche.  :D

katallen

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »
:-\ Well, to give the guy SOME credit, the question was actually relevant.  Since the experiment is contra-indicated for pregnant women, perhaps the reason you weren't going to be doing it was because you were pregnant.  It's not the most unreasonable assumption a socially retarded guy could make.

Nope. F, 0 points, no credit. The OP's reason for not doing the experiment is completely not the guy's business.
He has no need to know if she is pregnant or not.

penguinpants

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
Er, he might need to know ... if OP were pregnant, he would be responsible for performing these tests regularly, and would have to reorganize his work schedule somewhat during the course of her pregnancy.  I'd give him a pass on this one.
Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable. -- Jane Austen

SoCarl

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 02:11:03 AM »
I'm waiting to use the line.  I work in a lab and we do some of work that I consider not safe for pregnant women, but if perfectly safe.  One type of experiment involves working with co-irker and I hate it.  I don't like working with him as he gets the timing wrong, thinks he's always right, and when he contaminated an area blamed someone higher up.  Yeah, that was smart.  Needless to say he cleaned up the area and made me less excited about working with him.  Higher up put him in his place  ;D

So with all the work going on and co-irker claiming to be really good at everything I'm not available to help on one experiment and figured he could cover it with our boss or recruit someone else.  And he's just back from a long vacation.  First words out of co-irker's mouth, "Is she pregnant?"  Boss just said he wasn't discussing that and told me later about the conversation.

So what do I say when co-irker brings it up?  Evil me wants to give him the look of death and say "Are you saying that I'm fat?"  I"d love to use "What an interesting assumption?"  But mostly I'm worried that he's telling his friends in other divisions what he thinks and that he may bring it up in front of my coworkers.  He won't see it as rude.  Remember he forgets to cover his mouth when coughing or sneezing so my personal news would not be off limits to him.
What does he ask about the men who don't want to work with him?

vandalfan

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »
I've got a new phrase:  co-irker!  The perfect name for one who does not cover his mouth when coughing or sneezing. (He missed that in kindergarten, then?) Thanks!