Author Topic: thank goodness I had 'the line' to save me from my neighbor  (Read 11435 times)

Mahdoumi

Re: thank goodness I had 'the line' to save me from my neighbor
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »
Just a thought, but given the frequency of the requests and the hour of the last one - could she have a drug habit?

I thought about this too. I also thought she might want cigarettes.

Cigarette smokers will never jones enough to wake a neighbor at 3am.  Crack, however, is $5 a hit or dose or whatever they call single use.

AprilRenee

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »
small amounts of drugs (one hit uses) can be purchased for cheap. You can get just about ANY drug in a very small amount for 5 dollars. You can also get some schedule II narcotics for that price.

I don't want to just take a leap to a drug user, if you haven't noticed something like that before, but really, I can't think of other plausible reasons for her behavior.

Olivia

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »
I had no idea that crack could be purchased for as little as $5.  That just blows my mind. 

sisbam

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »
I know it's been a while since anyone's posted on this particular thread, but OP, did you ever find out what's bothering your neighbor?

whylime13

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 11:02:15 PM »
Wow, I missed a bunch of new replies on this one.

I don't really have much to add as far as an update goes.  About 2 weeks after the 3 am incident she came by asking for a ride and I said I was busy and I haven't heard from her since - meaning she hasn't stopped by - I still hear her and her husband shouting to each other at 3 am in the parking lot a few times a week.

Still no idea why they are always up at that time.

A while ago she asked me if I would do a cake for her son's birthdays (both in August), I'm hoping she changed her mind, but there may just be more wacky hijinks.

jane_savannah

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »
What an excellent use of that line!  I wonder if she was so stunned that she hasn't returned?